The Official Tottenham Hotspud thread [Vol 11]

The Official Tottenham Hotspud thread [Vol 11]

Author
Discussion

m3sye

19,978 posts

137 months

jammy-git said:
And a nice beating from the police too!
Same everywhere in Spain but you don't not got to games like this because of the Police..
They were bad when we were in the square in Madrid but if you walked the other way you were fine,,
Seville they started pushing and generally being picks going in but nothing to cry about...

Barca away is a dream European trip

Ascayman

10,100 posts

152 months

Black can man said:
Ascayman said:
I've just noticed we are the late, late game on sat before playing away in the cl on Tuesday... Not getting many favours from the league are we laugh
That’s not too good is it , for some reason I was convinced the Barca game was on Wednesday.

TV is king I guess .
Yeah it is, cant remember any other team having to do that though!

m3sye

19,978 posts

137 months

Ascayman said:
Yeah it is, cant remember any other team having to do that though!
Why would you unless you supported them hehe

U won't remember you doing it in a year or 2 either and tbh I wouldn't have even thought about it unless seeing it on here as I doubt you would if it was Liverpool,City, UTD etc

You have a good enough squad to change things sat and still win against Leicester as we did at Burnley and City did at Watford.

Just depends what he see's as priority I suppose

Ascayman

10,100 posts

152 months

m3sye said:
Why would you unless you supported them hehe

U won't remember you doing it in a year or 2 either and tbh I wouldn't have even thought about it unless seeing it on here as I doubt you would if it was Liverpool,City, UTD etc

You have a good enough squad to change things sat and still win against Leicester as we did at Burnley and City did at Watford.

Just depends what he see's as priority I suppose
Ive a pretty good memory, saves making stuff up i find smile

Its pretty tough to finish playing at 10pm on sat night to play a vital game away on the tuesday, certain managers would be up in arms if that was happening to their team...

Leicester away certainly wont be easy and i though we had no squad? make your mind up laugh

smartypants

36,984 posts

105 months

Black can man said:
fk me !

Has anybody seen that video of the goons partying ? Silly boys !

I’d rather not send the link in case it’s upsets a few on these pages .
Meh, kids getting high. It's been happening for a few years now. Like since before Jesus.


Advertisement

Blib

34,278 posts

133 months

Talksport are pushing hourly a "Poch to United next season" story.

Anything can happen in football, obvs. However, I cannot see how he could possibly leave us on the cusp of playing full time in the new stadium.

It's taken him and Levy four years to get all of their ducks in a row. Shirley, it would be madness for him to upsticks and head to the uncertainty that is Old Trafford...?

Ructions

3,024 posts

57 months

Black can man said:
fk me !

Has anybody seen that video of the goons partying ? Silly boys !

I’d rather not send the link in case it’s upsets a few on these pages .
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premi...

smartypants

36,984 posts

105 months

Blib said:
Talksport are pushing hourly a "Poch to United next season" story.

Anything can happen in football, obvs. However, I cannot see how he could possibly leave us on the cusp of playing full time in the new stadium.

It's taken him and Levy four years to get all of their ducks in a row. Shirley, it would be madness for him to upsticks and head to the uncertainty that is Old Trafford...?
Weirdly I wouldn't mind him going there, he deserves a top job IMO to show what he's all about unshackled by finances and smaller club syndrome. However I also believe Spurs are moving into a new era and we could well be a Man United within a decade. Poch is fairly key to that

Another year of just relying on developing the current crop of players won't cut it though, I think we can all agree on that.

And yes going to United now with their ste squad would be fking hard work.


jammy-git

21,217 posts

148 months

smartypants said:
Another year of just relying on developing the current crop of players won't cut it though, I think we can all agree on that.
Given that you guys have never spent much on transfers, and that you now also have a stadium to pay for (mostly), do you think you'll actually go and spend money on players?

GloverMart

8,412 posts

151 months

Ascayman said:
Ive a pretty good memory, saves making stuff up i find smile
Good point hehe

I thought I only made something up 35-40% of the time but it turned out to be more like 59-68% . A bit like my colour blindness, that came like a bolt out of the red!

BrabusMog

12,677 posts

122 months

Blib said:
Talksport are pushing hourly a "Poch to United next season" story.
Do they still have that flipping annoying Selco advert every 7 mins or so?

Guvernator

8,973 posts

101 months

jammy-git said:
Given that you guys have never spent much on transfers, and that you now also have a stadium to pay for (mostly), do you think you'll actually go and spend money on players?
Even where we to pay off the stadium, I can't ever see us splurging under Levy, he's just not that type of chairman. While I can admire the fact that he runs a tight ship from a business perspective, I don't think he is the type of chairman to take us to the next level. The only way we will become another Utd is if we get bought by a more extravagant billionaire and that obviously brings it's own issues.

Ascayman

10,100 posts

152 months

GloverMart said:
Ascayman said:
Ive a pretty good memory, saves making stuff up i find smile
Good point hehe

I thought I only made something up 35-40% of the time but it turned out to be more like 59-68% . A bit like my colour blindness, that came like a bolt out of the red!
laugh

Its all a bit anchorman laugh

jammy-git

21,217 posts

148 months

Guvernator said:
jammy-git said:
Given that you guys have never spent much on transfers, and that you now also have a stadium to pay for (mostly), do you think you'll actually go and spend money on players?
Even where we to pay off the stadium, I can't ever see us splurging under Levy, he's just not that type of chairman. While I can admire the fact that he runs a tight ship from a business perspective, I don't think he is the type of chairman to take us to the next level. The only way we will become another Utd is if we get bought by a more extravagant billionaire and that obviously brings it's own issues.
Do you think he's tight - or just makes sure the club lives within its means? I.e. if you had the same revenue as us (LFC), do you think you'd spend £70-80m on top transfer fees and pay your top players £200k a week?

Ascayman

10,100 posts

152 months

Guvernator said:
jammy-git said:
Given that you guys have never spent much on transfers, and that you now also have a stadium to pay for (mostly), do you think you'll actually go and spend money on players?
Even where we to pay off the stadium, I can't ever see us splurging under Levy, he's just not that type of chairman. While I can admire the fact that he runs a tight ship from a business perspective, I don't think he is the type of chairman to take us to the next level. The only way we will become another Utd is if we get bought by a more extravagant billionaire and that obviously brings it's own issues.
yes

Levy will never ever splurge like city / utd,/ liverpool,/ Chelsea, its not in his remit, he isnt the boss Joe Lewis is and Tottenham Football Club is just another investment to him.

Cheib

15,392 posts

111 months

Guvernator said:
jammy-git said:
Given that you guys have never spent much on transfers, and that you now also have a stadium to pay for (mostly), do you think you'll actually go and spend money on players?
Even where we to pay off the stadium, I can't ever see us splurging under Levy, he's just not that type of chairman. While I can admire the fact that he runs a tight ship from a business perspective, I don't think he is the type of chairman to take us to the next level. The only way we will become another Utd is if we get bought by a more extravagant billionaire and that obviously brings it's own issues.
United are in a class of one in PL terms because of the powerful brand that was built during the 20 years of success under Ferguson. Nobody else is ever going to do that. Financially there's them and then there's everyone else. Five years of the current ste under Mourinho could undo that though...

IMHO Mourinho will be gone as soon as Utd can't technically qualify for the CL next season....that's what happened with Van Gaal and I imagine Mourinho has the same clause in his contract. At that stage they'll be able to choose pretty much whoever they want. Poch will obviously be a name heavily mentioned/speculated....I imagine he'll want to see some money spent in January!

m3sye

19,978 posts

137 months

Money also talks no matter who you are - they could easily double his salary and match Peps

Hard to turn down for any man.

gadgetmac

3,695 posts

44 months

Ructions said:
Black can man said:
fk me !

Has anybody seen that video of the goons partying ? Silly boys !

I’d rather not send the link in case it’s upsets a few on these pages .
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premi...
Thats not the link. Thats an old (september) report. BCM is talking about a video.

Black can man

28,636 posts

104 months

I’d imagine Spurs Will fly out from the midlands on Sunday morning.

Not much time to get a bit of a rest.

48k

3,852 posts

84 months

smartypants said:
And yes going to United now with their ste squad would be fking hard work.
Hard work but enough time has passed since the heady days of Ferguson and Maureen has done an excellent job of making the team bad enough, and adjusting fans expectations down enough, that anyone who comes in and has a positive impact will be seen as the next messiah.