The Official Everton thread - Vol 2

The Official Everton thread - Vol 2

Author
Discussion

Kes Arevo

246 posts

3 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Nooooooo!!

hilly10

5,800 posts

192 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Holgate offside and he was

tdm34

6,732 posts

174 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Under the cosh a bit now!!!

hilly10

5,800 posts

192 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Giving them to much of rather ball in midfield. We need to get a hold on this

Fast Bug

9,268 posts

125 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
I think if we can grab a second it will kill the game. I think if they score we’ll have a tough game on our hands

TTmonkey

Original Poster:

16,858 posts

211 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Wow that was a worrying finish. We should be better than this ffs.

Fast Bug

9,268 posts

125 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Not pretty, but a good result. 3 points off 4th with a game in hand

Mariosbt

1,811 posts

30 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Well done Blues. Bit of a scramble at the end. hehe Next stop ‘4thSpot’ thumbup

hilly10

5,800 posts

192 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
We don’t make easy to watch, but three points is three points

Blue62

6,040 posts

116 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Why is it always against struggling teams? Do they drag us down to their level and (almost) beat us on experience? We waste possession and give the ball away so often, such hard viewing.

Mariosbt

1,811 posts

30 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Blue62 said:
Why is it always against struggling teams? Do they drag us down to their level and (almost) beat us on experience? We waste possession and give the ball away so often, such hard viewing.
What? You beat them 0-2

hilly10

5,800 posts

192 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
It’s our biggest trait giving the ball away in danger areas, Doucoure is especially prone to giving it away of late, he has great games but always a few times in games his passes causes major problems

Blue62

6,040 posts

116 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
hilly10 said:
It’s our biggest trait giving the ball away in danger areas, Doucoure is especially prone to giving it away of late, he has great games but always a few times in games his passes causes major problems
He’s sloppy Hilly, wish he could improve in that area because he’d then be a top player. I think we just don’t have the quality at the moment and our clever manager sets up to win, but not to play. I will take where we are right now but I can’t think of many games I’ve enjoyed lately, Spurs in the cup was a mad cup tie, but in footballing terms we are hard work.

alfa phil

1,681 posts

171 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
It's why I can't watch of late , I'm sure I would at worse have a heart attack ,best wake the whole streetshouting at the telly, glad I was proved wrong regarding Rich , his goals are getting us through games at the moment,

Blue62

6,040 posts

116 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
alfa phil said:
It's why I can't watch of late , I'm sure I would at worse have a heart attack ,best wake the whole streetshouting at the telly, glad I was proved wrong regarding Rich , his goals are getting us through games at the moment,
I hope we can hold on to Richy, talk is that Carlo persuaded him to stay last season so who knows? I guess we have to be patient and remember that Carlo took over a pretty mixed bag of players, it won’t happen overnight and if any of us had been offered where we are now at the start of the season we’d have taken it. I C want the cup more than fourth.

hilly10

5,800 posts

192 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
It’s maddening when Doucoure plays so well and then as you say blue he is sloppy, if we can get that part out of him we will have a real top player. Carlo is putting a team together that I think we will be proud of, a few pieces missing but we are getting there. Godfrey is a talent no doubt, and of late my heart never skips a beat when the opposition get a set piece near the box, not like last season.

TTmonkey

Original Poster:

16,858 posts

211 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
hilly10 said:
It’s maddening when Doucoure plays so well and then as you say blue he is sloppy, if we can get that part out of him we will have a real top player. Carlo is putting a team together that I think we will be proud of, a few pieces missing but we are getting there. Godfrey is a talent no doubt, and of late my heart never skips a beat when the opposition get a set piece near the box, not like last season.
A bit like Barkley. Good player, kept giving the ball away.

hilly10

5,800 posts

192 months

Tuesday 2nd March
quotequote all
TTmonkey said:
A bit like Barkley. Good player, kept giving the ball away.
Spot on

Ruskie

3,125 posts

164 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
hilly10 said:
It’s maddening when Doucoure plays so well and then as you say blue he is sloppy, if we can get that part out of him we will have a real top player.
I think that could be a touch of fatigue he has started 24 out or 27 in the league so think his performances will drop occasionally.

Fast Bug

9,268 posts

125 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
He also doesn't stop running!