The Official Manchester United Thread (Vol 10)

The Official Manchester United Thread (Vol 10)

Author
Discussion

thehop

119 posts

10 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Poor record against the top teams, can't score, devoid of imagination or guile. We were quire fortunate as Giroud really should have been on the end of that quality cross. At least there were no horrors from our defence today.

Mariosbt

1,896 posts

31 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
200Plus Club said:
DDG saved the day again with a reflex save. Hopefully we get a few players back from injury. Not the end of the world getting a point from a dour match. Wasn’t handball either IMO smile City deserve the Title.
Don’t you mention ‘MEH’ & ‘DULL’ to me again rofl

Edited by Mariosbt on Monday 1st March 16:24

monarodom

1,072 posts

111 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
and31 said:
The ref was heard to say “I can’t give that-too much controversy “
Just heard them talking about it on sky sports-un fking believable!!!!
Then we have souness saying Utd get too many penalties-if it’s a pen it’s a fking pen.
I think it's only a pen in a VAR world. As a Chelsea fan I look at it and go well it evens out the Maguire-Azpilicueta incident at Old Trafford this season. So even with VAR we somehow ended up at the same point we would have been without it...when both should have been given using VAR. So again the point of VAR is confused just done with the whole sodding thing.

Anyway, only saw the game from 55 mins plus all the reaction. Draw seemed fair in that time with both lacking a cutting edge again.

Gone a bit AMG

4,378 posts

162 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
unident said:
Rubbish

Yet another match against one of the Top 6 where we really didn’t try to win the match, barring the odd breakaway half chance.
I’m not picking a fight but I kinda knew this was what you’d say. And you’re absolutely entitled to express your frustration and opinion on here as we all are.

As I’m not picking a fight, the point I want to make is you’ve utterly captured what I’m missing about not going to the game. I’d now be bickering in a friendly way about how wrong someone just like you is, in my opinion, about today’s game. I think you’re wrong because pep did what Ole did at OT in the derby just before city started their current run. No one moaned at pep. We need to win the fa cup and the Europa league and unfortunately all we can do in the league is finished second. After today’s results all those are still on.

We’ve Leicester in the cup and behind us for second and they’ve had a terrible day. Chelsea are also a threat to second and in great form. We’ve players coming back to fitness and we are missing Pogba and Cavani.

Ole has just absolutely dominated the back pages in a certain style that’s got sourness stting in his stool now on sky. Then I’d say to the miserable humourless that’s my very good friend and relative that I miss and sounds so much like you it makes me giggle, get to the bar you miserable humourless thick . (He’s thick, you’re not).

I don’t agree with you tonight.

Ole’s job right now is to win two trophy’s and prevent city emulating our treble. We can’t win the league this season. We must win the fa cup as city have the best chance in recent years to win the champions league. As the dippers have fallen apart and Klopp has resorted to now blaming the wind for defeats, he’s not going to look internally for a fix so it’s only going to get worse for them. Therefore no treble for city is the only job.

Leicester should be beatable, hopefully given injuries and AC Milan is a huge game. I’ll take today’s draw at inform Chelsea also until Ole’s arrival a notorious bogey team.

In the time it’s taken me to post this you might be fuming at one of us on here for disagreeing with you. I hope you are. Miserable or not your opinion on here is just as valid as ORD’s or anyone of you miserable s with unrealistic, impatient, attitudes. In my opinion. Of course.

Thanks for helping me through what now, hopefully, is the end of lockdown, all of you on this thread. Bicker away. Insult each other, drink internet hard man juice. I know I’m fking nails online, I can take you all without doubt in real life. Probs two at a time.

I may also be exceptionally stoned for the first time in quite a while. Also a missed match day occasional occurrence.

I can’t wait to get back in the ground. But for now you lot will do. Disagree more please.

Except for Sue. He was a . And still is somewhere hopefully.

57Ford

2,016 posts

99 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Gone a bit AMG said:
unident said:
some stuff
a hell of a lot of rambling stuff
I disagee.

Just for sts & giggles
biggrin

and31

686 posts

92 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
[quote=Gone a bit AMG

Thanks for helping me through what now, hopefully, is the end of lockdown, all of you on this thread. Bicker away. Insult each other, drink internet hard man juice. I know I’m fking nails online, I can take you all without doubt in real life. Probs two at a time.

[/quote]

Brilliant hahahahaha

I agree with the other points you make.

57Ford

2,016 posts

99 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
My view of that was that both midfields battled it out, the defences both picked up the pieces if it got through (theirs with rather more aplomb than ours) and both forward lines just didn’t quite click.
Decent match for me, they don’t always have to have 4 goals, 50 pass passages of play and an ultimate winner.
We weren’t outclassed by a recently pretty strong side.

200Plus Club

8,732 posts

243 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Mariosbt said:
200Plus Club said:
DDG saved the day again with a reflex save. Hopefully we get a few players back from injury. Not the end of the world getting a point from a dour match.
Don’t you mention ‘MEH’ & ‘DULL’ to me again rofl
Who were you again?

Frimley111R

11,443 posts

199 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
monarodom said:
and31 said:
The ref was heard to say “I can’t give that-too much controversy “
Just heard them talking about it on sky sports-un fking believable!!!!
Then we have souness saying Utd get too many penalties-if it’s a pen it’s a fking pen.
I think it's only a pen in a VAR world. As a Chelsea fan I look at it and go well it evens out the Maguire-Azpilicueta incident at Old Trafford this season. So even with VAR we somehow ended up at the same point we would have been without it...when both should have been given using VAR. So again the point of VAR is confused just done with the whole sodding thing.
If 'VA' has done anything, it has put the spotlight massively on the referees. Before, if they got something wrong they could argue they didn't see it, etc but now everyone is looking at the same thing and referees are under pressure not to mess up like never before. They'll get there though. F1 went 'penalty' mad at one point and then wound itself back a bit. Hopefully footy will too.

unident

3,824 posts

16 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Gone a bit AMG said:
I’m not picking a fight but I kinda knew this was what you’d say. And you’re absolutely entitled to express your frustration and opinion on here as we all are.

As I’m not picking a fight, the point I want to make is you’ve utterly captured what I’m missing about not going to the game. I’d now be bickering in a friendly way about how wrong someone just like you is, in my opinion, about today’s game. I think you’re wrong because pep did what Ole did at OT in the derby just before city started their current run. No one moaned at pep. We need to win the fa cup and the Europa league and unfortunately all we can do in the league is finished second. After today’s results all those are still on.

We’ve Leicester in the cup and behind us for second and they’ve had a terrible day. Chelsea are also a threat to second and in great form. We’ve players coming back to fitness and we are missing Pogba and Cavani.

Ole has just absolutely dominated the back pages in a certain style that’s got sourness stting in his stool now on sky. Then I’d say to the miserable humourless that’s my very good friend and relative that I miss and sounds so much like you it makes me giggle, get to the bar you miserable humourless thick . (He’s thick, you’re not).

I don’t agree with you tonight.

Ole’s job right now is to win two trophy’s and prevent city emulating our treble. We can’t win the league this season. We must win the fa cup as city have the best chance in recent years to win the champions league. As the dippers have fallen apart and Klopp has resorted to now blaming the wind for defeats, he’s not going to look internally for a fix so it’s only going to get worse for them. Therefore no treble for city is the only job.

Leicester should be beatable, hopefully given injuries and AC Milan is a huge game. I’ll take today’s draw at inform Chelsea also until Ole’s arrival a notorious bogey team.

In the time it’s taken me to post this you might be fuming at one of us on here for disagreeing with you. I hope you are. Miserable or not your opinion on here is just as valid as ORD’s or anyone of you miserable s with unrealistic, impatient, attitudes. In my opinion. Of course.

Thanks for helping me through what now, hopefully, is the end of lockdown, all of you on this thread. Bicker away. Insult each other, drink internet hard man juice. I know I’m fking nails online, I can take you all without doubt in real life. Probs two at a time.

I may also be exceptionally stoned for the first time in quite a while. Also a missed match day occasional occurrence.

I can’t wait to get back in the ground. But for now you lot will do. Disagree more please.

Except for Sue. He was a . And still is somewhere hopefully.
I’ll email only got two answers to this

1. Can I have some of what you’re smoking please

2. It’s time to step away from the bong

Both in jest of course. My frustration is that our form is a bit all over the place and our performances are dropping. I’d like to see us try to win games, rather than play for 0-0.

GTO-3R

6,191 posts

178 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Gone a bit AMG said:
I’m not picking a fight but I kinda knew this was what you’d say. And you’re absolutely entitled to express your frustration and opinion on here as we all are.

As I’m not picking a fight, the point I want to make is you’ve utterly captured what I’m missing about not going to the game. I’d now be bickering in a friendly way about how wrong someone just like you is, in my opinion, about today’s game. I think you’re wrong because pep did what Ole did at OT in the derby just before city started their current run. No one moaned at pep. We need to win the fa cup and the Europa league and unfortunately all we can do in the league is finished second. After today’s results all those are still on.

We’ve Leicester in the cup and behind us for second and they’ve had a terrible day. Chelsea are also a threat to second and in great form. We’ve players coming back to fitness and we are missing Pogba and Cavani.

Ole has just absolutely dominated the back pages in a certain style that’s got sourness stting in his stool now on sky. Then I’d say to the miserable humourless that’s my very good friend and relative that I miss and sounds so much like you it makes me giggle, get to the bar you miserable humourless thick . (He’s thick, you’re not).

I don’t agree with you tonight.

Ole’s job right now is to win two trophy’s and prevent city emulating our treble. We can’t win the league this season. We must win the fa cup as city have the best chance in recent years to win the champions league. As the dippers have fallen apart and Klopp has resorted to now blaming the wind for defeats, he’s not going to look internally for a fix so it’s only going to get worse for them. Therefore no treble for city is the only job.

Leicester should be beatable, hopefully given injuries and AC Milan is a huge game. I’ll take today’s draw at inform Chelsea also until Ole’s arrival a notorious bogey team.

In the time it’s taken me to post this you might be fuming at one of us on here for disagreeing with you. I hope you are. Miserable or not your opinion on here is just as valid as ORD’s or anyone of you miserable s with unrealistic, impatient, attitudes. In my opinion. Of course.

Thanks for helping me through what now, hopefully, is the end of lockdown, all of you on this thread. Bicker away. Insult each other, drink internet hard man juice. I know I’m fking nails online, I can take you all without doubt in real life. Probs two at a time.

I may also be exceptionally stoned for the first time in quite a while. Also a missed match day occasional occurrence.

I can’t wait to get back in the ground. But for now you lot will do. Disagree more please.

Except for Sue. He was a . And still is somewhere hopefully.
U ok hun? Inbox me babz x wink

The game was there to be won but a draw isn’t the worst result away to an in form Chelsea. Was deffo a penalty though and it’ll be interesting to see if anything happens with what the ref apparently said to Maguire!

Adam.

20,710 posts

219 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Gone a bit AMG said:
I may also be exceptionally stoned for the first time in quite a while. Also a missed match day occasional occurrence.
hehe You probably enjoyed that game more than most

franki68

8,246 posts

186 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
GTO-3R said:
U ok hun? Inbox me babz x wink

The game was there to be won but a draw isn’t the worst result away to an in form Chelsea. Was deffo a penalty though and it’ll be interesting to see if anything happens with what the ref apparently said to Maguire!
The refs are just st ,for everyone ,but United have been particularly affected in the last few weeks .
Wrong ref decisions have cost United ten points recently ,whether United deserved to win those games or not .


Keyser Soze

21,675 posts

156 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
I couldn't tell if I was incredibly tired or it was very dull but reading the comments seems it was the latter

Everyone knows I am Mr Glass half full but it wasn't a great game, saying that, Top 6 rival, we didn't get battered, we didn't concede, we almost nicked it and could have/should have had a penalty, c'est la vie

Onwards

ORD

16,399 posts

92 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
I just think we are good enough not to have to try for 0-0 in every big game!

Slow

5,878 posts

102 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Ouch.


RonaldMcDonaldAteMyCat

12,522 posts

60 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Slow said:
Ouch.

Absolutely not a Pen, ball to hand, bks, etc.

GTO-3R

6,191 posts

178 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Slow said:
Ouch.

Earlier in the day this was given as handball whistle



MiniMan64

13,977 posts

155 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
I thought the rule was now if it touched you hand/arm at all, intentional or not, then it was a foul?

unident

3,824 posts

16 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
MiniMan64 said:
I thought the rule was now if it touched you hand/arm at all, intentional or not, then it was a foul?
I don’t think anyone knows what the rule is anymore. The FA have said it was the right decision as it wasn’t hand to ball, but that means a defender can now defend with their arms spread as wide as they like. If the ball hits it then it’s ball to hand so not a penalty.