The Official West Ham United Thread. Vol 3

The Official West Ham United Thread. Vol 3

Author
Discussion

Scrump

Original Poster:

17,864 posts

135 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all

TCEvo

10,237 posts

179 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
Still fifth in the league biggrin

Hammer67

5,174 posts

161 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
Looked a bit like a game too far. No spark, leggy and all somewhat meh.

Didn`t lose though so onwards and upwards.

Red card utter conkers, can`t believe that will stand.

COYI.

BrabusMog

18,631 posts

163 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
Mason passes the buck to Dean and it’s implied he has to give the red. fking shambles, if that had happened in the first half we would have probably been ducked. I can forgive errors when play is moving quickly but a minute to decide that’s a red...

Roofless Toothless

4,276 posts

109 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
Does that mean Soucek won’t be getting on the bus to Manchester onTuesday?

Leicester Loyal

3,680 posts

99 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
Roofless Toothless said:
Does that mean Soucek won’t be getting on the bus to Manchester onTuesday?
As it stands, yes.

Fairly confident that'll get overturned though.

sjc

12,376 posts

247 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
Can’t be too disappointed with the result, the performance though was a bit flat. Seemed to always be second best for the second ball, and we never really got going. We could have played Ronaldo up front ( today he scored his 300th goal since turning 30!) and it wouldn’t have made a blind bit of difference.We didn’t have enough of the ball, and when we did we didn’t keep it particularly well, so there was no service for Ant. He signalled to the bench to go off about 5 mins before he did, so maybe he felt something.
Still one defeat in 8 now?, still great and as Brighton proved in beating Liverpool, no easy games still.

Edited by sjc on Saturday 6th February 19:50

TCEvo

10,237 posts

179 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
Hammer67 said:
Looked a bit like a game too far. No spark, leggy and all somewhat meh.

Didn`t lose though so onwards and upwards.

Red card utter conkers, can`t believe that will stand.

COYI.
Yep, suffering from midweek hangover; still previously we'd probably have lost that.

Hopefully Antonio's OK & hopefully someone will push dean into the Thames.

Man U in the Cup next.

Roofless Toothless

4,276 posts

109 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
Leicester Loyal said:
Roofless Toothless said:
Does that mean Soucek won’t be getting on the bus to Manchester onTuesday?
As it stands, yes.

Fairly confident that'll get overturned though.
In time?

sjc

12,376 posts

247 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
BrabusMog said:
Mason passes the buck to Dean and it’s implied he has to give the red. fking shambles, if that had happened in the first half we would have probably been ducked. I can forgive errors when play is moving quickly but a minute to decide that’s a red...
Yep.
I blame Mason more than Dean.

Leicester Loyal

3,680 posts

99 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
Roofless Toothless said:
Leicester Loyal said:
Roofless Toothless said:
Does that mean Soucek won’t be getting on the bus to Manchester onTuesday?
As it stands, yes.

Fairly confident that'll get overturned though.
In time?
They'll surely push it through before the midweek game, especially when it wasn't even a red card. I'd hope so anyway, for footballs sake...

RichB

47,116 posts

261 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all

coldel

4,771 posts

123 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
Yea that will be done before Monday surely. Never a red card in a million years. Someone needs a word with those two thought given they can watch it like the rest of us and come to the wrong conclusion, he to make you wonder if they are up to standard.

But yes the Villa game actually revolves around Antonio’s energy more than Lingard and we locked that today. Can see us running out of steam with player shortages in key positions.

Hammer67

5,174 posts

161 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
coldel said:
Lingard
Give it up mate, he`s a quality addition to our team, might not be permanent but he`s here and hopefully we get the chance to sign him at season end.

Roofless Toothless

4,276 posts

109 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
Leicester Loyal said:
Roofless Toothless said:
Leicester Loyal said:
Roofless Toothless said:
Does that mean Soucek won’t be getting on the bus to Manchester onTuesday?
As it stands, yes.

Fairly confident that'll get overturned though.
In time?
They'll surely push it through before the midweek game, especially when it wasn't even a red card. I'd hope so anyway, for footballs sake...
Well, I hope so. I am just a bit worried that whatever committee decides these things gets bogged down in an argument over whether the standing orders allow a late change to the agenda, if the secretary can act as chairman as well, and if everybody HAS READ THE RULES AND UNDERSTANDS THEM,

TCEvo

10,237 posts

179 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
RichB said:
All Club's should collectively refuse him as ref.

bad company

16,184 posts

243 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all

Roofless Toothless

4,276 posts

109 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all



coldel

4,771 posts

123 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
Hammer67 said:
coldel said:
Lingard
Give it up mate, he`s a quality addition to our team, might not be permanent but he`s here and hopefully we get the chance to sign him at season end.
Aye he is. But the over reaction to his first game was borderline bonkers. I am seriously concerned Ants form is drying up and we are going to look a bit toothless in games and have no plan b.

Hammer67

5,174 posts

161 months

Saturday 6th February 2021
quotequote all
coldel said:
Hammer67 said:
coldel said:
Lingard
Give it up mate, he`s a quality addition to our team, might not be permanent but he`s here and hopefully we get the chance to sign him at season end.
Aye he is. But the over reaction to his first game was borderline bonkers. I am seriously concerned Ants form is drying up and we are going to look a bit toothless in games and have no plan b.
We all are.
Ant is struggling, partly I think because other teams have worked out how to play him.
Plus, of course, he`s not 100% fit.
We have goals elsewhere in the team and that, along with not wanting an Adi Panicbuyi striker is why Moyes didn`t sign anyone and chose to get Lingard in.
Plan B involves the likes of Lanzini coming off the bench and doing what he did against the Spuds.

We`re doing just fine at the mo, long may it last.