Sealey Portable Tire inflator

Sealey Portable Tire inflator

Author
Discussion

pcn1

Original Poster:

1,078 posts

189 months

Tuesday 31st August
quotequote all
https://www.zoro.co.uk/shop/automotive/tyre-inflat...

Does anyone have any experience of using something like this ? Uses the cars 12V outlet.
I'm looking for something better than a cheapo £30 e-bay unit, but not going to a full home compressor and tank set up !

In my old age, and with 3 cars and 2 motorbikes at home, my days of using a bicycle stirrup pump are numbered laugh


ReverendCounter

4,957 posts

146 months

Tuesday 31st August
quotequote all
I use the one below in your listing that was about £15, under the Ring brand, has a bezel around the gauge which you set at the right pressure and it shuts off when it reaches it. Looks like they've gone digital display now, mine's analogue, also has a torch function. Your linked one looks very robust though.

ro250

1,697 posts

27 months

Tuesday 31st August
quotequote all
ReverendCounter said:
I use the one below in your listing that was about £15, under the Ring brand, has a bezel around the gauge which you set at the right pressure and it shuts off when it reaches it. Looks like they've gone digital display now, mine's analogue, also has a torch function. Your linked one looks very robust though.
I have the Ring digital one. Had it ages and it's great. Looks like about £22 on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-RAC630-Digital-Infla...

Smint

251 posts

5 months

Tuesday 31st August
quotequote all
https://www.paddockspares.com/double-pump-hd-porta...

I've had one of these for years, cost me about £60 from the above site so its gone up a fair bit, never seen the same one for sale anywhere else but worth having a poke nose about.
It connects straight to your battery via crocodile clips, would take too much current for the typical cig lighter outlet imo.
Will inflate a typical size tyre fully from flat in just over a minute.

Joey Deacon

4,414 posts

146 months

Tuesday 31st August
quotequote all
I have the ring one with an analogue gauge, works well enough and good in emergencies but it is pretty noisy. But for £15 handy to keep in the back of the car.

https://www.zoro.co.uk/shop/automotive/tyre-inflat...

Leveret

96 posts

128 months

Wednesday 1st September
quotequote all
In my old age, and with 3 cars and 2 motorbikes at home, my days of using a bicycle stirrup pump are numbered ..

Really? It shouldn't take more than around twenty strokes from a good track pump every few weeks - unless you have a small leak. The older one gets (I was born before 1950) the more important it is to keep taking exercise; the more purposeful the better.



Edited by Leveret on Wednesday 1st September 14:06

bluezedd

968 posts

52 months

Friday 3rd September
quotequote all
Joey Deacon said:
I have the ring one with an analogue gauge, works well enough and good in emergencies but it is pretty noisy. But for £15 handy to keep in the back of the car.

https://www.zoro.co.uk/shop/automotive/tyre-inflat...
I have been using this weekly for at least 3 or 4 years. I can highly recommend it.

I choose to use it even though I have a dedicated compressor and pcl inflator purely for convenience.

I'd recommend buying a decent tyre pressure gauge though. I use the ring to overinflate the tyres then drop it down to the correct pressure.

The sealey looks good, but not for more than I paid for my garage compressor and 20m air hose.

Carbon Sasquatch

2,868 posts

34 months

Friday 3rd September
quotequote all
I used to use one, but consigned to the cupboard these days since I bought a DeWalt cordless one which is fantastic. Makita and others do similar.

Attach to the tyre set the pressure and press start - plus it’s cordless so way less faffing about.

pcn1

Original Poster:

1,078 posts

189 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
Bought the Sealey MAC05D in the end.

https://workshopping.co.uk/air-compressors/mini-ai...

Does what it says on the tin, not too loud in use and very quick to inflate a large flat tire. Set the pressure you want and it switches off automatically.
Only observation is I wish the air pipe was a softer rubber rather than the hard plastic.

milkround

990 posts

49 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
I have a Makita light duty thing for inflating tyres on cars/bikes and rugby balls...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Makita-DMP180Z-Compressor...

I got it for just under £50 I think so shop around.

I think it's ace. Will fully inflate a tyre in about the same time as a pump at a petrol station. I leave it in my boot and check as regularly as I remember. Would highly recomend it if you have makita batteries.

Flibble

6,078 posts

151 months

Yesterday (14:53)
quotequote all
Smint said:
https://www.paddockspares.com/double-pump-hd-porta...

I've had one of these for years, cost me about £60 from the above site so its gone up a fair bit, never seen the same one for sale anywhere else but worth having a poke nose about.
It connects straight to your battery via crocodile clips, would take too much current for the typical cig lighter outlet imo.
Will inflate a typical size tyre fully from flat in just over a minute.
I have one of these, bit of a beast, but handy for the larger tyres in the fleet - 265/70R16. There's a lot of air needed in such a large tyre and that chap will do it in a couple of minutes from flat.