F1: Beyond The Grid Podcast

F1: Beyond The Grid Podcast

Author
Discussion

The Moose

Original Poster:

18,971 posts

157 months

Monday 7th January
quotequote all
I enjoyed that, however I do hope TC does one on Ross Brawn about 'Not Schumacher'! He is a really interesting chap with a great story to tell.

MJK 24

5,381 posts

184 months

Tuesday 8th January
quotequote all
The Moose said:
I enjoyed that, however I do hope TC does one on Ross Brawn about 'Not Schumacher'! He is a really interesting chap with a great story to tell.
His book is a great read.

tobinen

5,596 posts

93 months

Wednesday 9th January
quotequote all
Sabine Kehm now up

Rich_W

10,898 posts

160 months

Sunday 13th January
quotequote all
Stedman said:
tobinen said:
An interesting interview with Ross Brawn on Schumacher is now up.
I wish it was 2 hours or longer. I thoroughly enjoyed that one
Haven't listened to this one yet, but have a search for the Royal Automobile Club podcast with Brawn and Nick Fry if you can.

Stedman

6,441 posts

140 months

Sunday 13th January
quotequote all
Rich_W said:
Haven't listened to this one yet, but have a search for the Royal Automobile Club podcast with Brawn and Nick Fry if you can.
Funnily enough I started listening to that earlier this week.

tobinen

5,596 posts

93 months

Wednesday 13th March
quotequote all
Kimi's one up now

12TS

1,189 posts

158 months

Wednesday 13th March
quotequote all
Does it last long?

thegreenhell

6,303 posts

167 months

Saturday 16th March
quotequote all
12TS said:
Does it last long?
There was a few minutes of Kimi talking in there, but they had to pad it out with lots of adverts.

12TS

1,189 posts

158 months

Saturday 16th March
quotequote all
Not good.

Didn’t learn anything and he’s hard to listen to.

carinaman

14,093 posts

120 months

Friday 22nd March
quotequote all
I thought the Coulthard one was very good.

ukaskew

5,357 posts

169 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
carinaman said:
I thought the Coulthard one was very good.
The guys who have moved into media have been great (I guess to be expected). I listened back to back with the Kimi one and it was a bit of relief to hear somebody clearly!

12TS

1,189 posts

158 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
Courthard said a few things that I’d not heard before. It was interesting to hear the stuff on contract negotiations for example.

Quite a long episode this time as well.

The Moose

Original Poster:

18,971 posts

157 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
I don’t like the advertising getting longer seemingly with each episode!

But as it’s free, and I can easily skip through it, I can’t really complain!

Teddy Lop

1,986 posts

15 months

Sunday 14th April
quotequote all
Can't believe no-ones noted Murray walker dropped t' other day. Not a fan of electric race cars tee hee.

The Moose said:
I don’t like the advertising getting longer seemingly with each episode!

But as it’s free, and I can easily skip through it, I can’t really complain!
its an unfortunate necessity, at least like most podcasts they use the presenter to voice the ad so there's no jarring jump to glitz-pop-screaming-5-second-attention-span-moron-land as with tv radio etc.

RobM77

33,368 posts

182 months

Monday 15th April
quotequote all
Murray's one was excellent; I listened on Friday on my way up north to pick up a new racing car.

DanielSan

14,582 posts

115 months

Monday 15th April
quotequote all
Seems somehow a bit crazy to think the great man is 95!

RobM77

33,368 posts

182 months

Monday 15th April
quotequote all
DanielSan said:
Seems somehow a bit crazy to think the great man is 95!
Yes, and he managed the whole interview flawlessly; very impressive. The bit at the end where he slipped into his commentary voice sent a shiver down my spine; I hadn't realised how much I missed his commentary on F1.

rdjohn

3,866 posts

143 months

Monday 15th April
quotequote all
A gift Murray has, which would have come in handy yesterday, is an ability to excite his viewers when very little action is happening on track.

Croft gets too excited reading the grid order before the start. Mind you Ben Edwards also went a bit bonkers yesterday when Max had a go at Seb. He (Seb) had already telegraphed it and so in reality it was hardly worth getting excited about.

You sometimes wonder if they have watched close racing before.

DanielSan

14,582 posts

115 months

Tuesday 16th April
quotequote all
RobM77 said:
Yes, and he managed the whole interview flawlessly; very impressive. The bit at the end where he slipped into his commentary voice sent a shiver down my spine; I hadn't realised how much I missed his commentary on F1.
Not just F1, growing up he was pretty much the only voice I associated with Motorsport, I spent the 90's from 6/7 onwards obsessed with the BTCC and I still rate Murray and Charlie Cox as one of the best partnerships in commentary.

RobM77

33,368 posts

182 months

Tuesday 16th April
quotequote all
DanielSan said:
RobM77 said:
Yes, and he managed the whole interview flawlessly; very impressive. The bit at the end where he slipped into his commentary voice sent a shiver down my spine; I hadn't realised how much I missed his commentary on F1.
Not just F1, growing up he was pretty much the only voice I associated with Motorsport, I spent the 90's from 6/7 onwards obsessed with the BTCC and I still rate Murray and Charlie Cox as one of the best partnerships in commentary.
The combination of the Super Touring period with Cleland, Tarquini, Rouse etc and Murray on the commentary was a formidable one.