Formula 1 2019 Season - Car Launch Dates

Formula 1 2019 Season - Car Launch Dates

Author
Discussion

RobGT81

5,071 posts

124 months

Saturday 9th February
quotequote all
Vaud said:
So Sauber one to watch?
Yes.

Vaud

30,834 posts

93 months

Saturday 9th February
quotequote all
RobGT81 said:
Vaud said:
So Sauber one to watch?
Yes.
Sorry I should have been clearer... "I wonder how far up the field they will move"... maybe:

Ferrari/Mercedes
Red Bull
Sauber
Force India / HAAS / Renault
Torro Rosso (as the test mule for RB)
Williams/McLaren

HustleRussell

15,687 posts

98 months

Saturday 9th February
quotequote all
Vaud said:
So Sauber one to watch?
Sauber were one to watch last year, they went from a distant last place in 2017 to having both cars in Q3 by the end of 2018- an outstanding turnaround.

LaurasOtherHalf

14,315 posts

134 months

Saturday 9th February
quotequote all
Well Toro Rosso have hardly set the world alight.

Perhaps there’s benifits we don’t really get to see, secretive pooling of data, resources etc or perhaps it’s simply a preemptive strike in case a budget cap gets put in place?

It could even be as simple as Ferrari wanting more power at the table for any new “concord” agreement.

Vaud

30,834 posts

93 months

Saturday 9th February
quotequote all
LaurasOtherHalf said:
It could even be as simple as Ferrari wanting more power at the table for any new “concord” agreement.
Given they have an option to buy - yes.
Advertisement

MiniMan64

11,618 posts

128 months

Saturday 9th February
quotequote all
LaurasOtherHalf said:
Well Toro Rosso have hardly set the world alight.

Perhaps there’s benifits we don’t really get to see, secretive pooling of data, resources etc or perhaps it’s simply a preemptive strike in case a budget cap gets put in place?

It could even be as simple as Ferrari wanting more power at the table for any new “concord” agreement.
Given they’ve got their fingers pretty deep in the Haas pie too I’d say they’ve the biggest influence in the sport.

Especially since Mercedes seem uninterested in going down the B-team route.

Supersam83

Original Poster:

177 posts

83 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
2019 Toro Rosso STR14:












37chevy

2,258 posts

94 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
the thing that strikes me about the 2 cars released so far is how different the front wings appear to be....the STR looks really laid back, while HAAS looks stacked by comparison. (maybe its an optical illusion from the photos)

the new cars certainly look cleaner...slightly underwhelming by Toro Rosso though


Edited by 37chevy on Monday 11th February 13:50

HustleRussell

15,687 posts

98 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
Toro Rosso not giving much away there, are they?

DanielSan

13,689 posts

105 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
37chevy said:
the thing that strikes me about the 2 cars released so far is how different the front wings appear to be....the STR looks really laid back, while HAAS looks stacked by comparison. (maybe its an optical illusion from the photos)

the new cars certainly look cleaner...slightly underwhelming by Toro Rosso though


Edited by 37chevy on Monday 11th February 13:50
The Haas was last years car with new paint and the Toro Rosso is a rendering showing no details of the actual aero on the car. There's nothing to read into yet.

andburg

3,040 posts

107 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
what i can pic out from my laymans eye on the TR...

Side pod inlet, very Ferrari 2018 shaped
Side pod seems really short and
rear wing end plates seem to have a very pronounced curve, more than the HAAS
barge board, the claws on the outside edge are not something I've noticed before.
wide sidepod mounted mirrors which seem to be wide and narrow in shape
turning vane, not connected to the top of the sidepod.

The floor has no slots or holes so probably nothing like what will run in barcelona.

overall 2019 observation ,less fussy designs are good but the amount of room between the front wheels seems huge without the mass of aerodynamic appendages.


not holding much hope for Williams, they've referred to it as a livery launch so expect it to be less representative of 2019.

sgtBerbatov

883 posts

19 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
Following on from Haas announcing a drinks sponsor that sell drinks that you can't buy anywhere, Williams have partnered up with a phone company that don't sell phones yet...

Edited to add a photo:

S'alright, but to be honest the bloody thing could be see through as long as it's a better car than last year's.

Edited by sgtBerbatov on Monday 11th February 15:21

37chevy

2,258 posts

94 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
its nice to be different but is that the best they could come up with? a bit of fading from white to blue and slap a logo on the side?

Kraken

687 posts

138 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
About as imaginative as ROKiT's website for products you can't buy yet (seems to be a trend).

North West Tom

10,424 posts

115 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
Hate it when bosses mask dodgy sponsorships as a 'new era' for companies.

Vaud

30,834 posts

93 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
Kraken said:
About as imaginative as ROKiT's website for products you can't buy yet (seems to be a trend).
Decent backer though in this case:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/365842/rokit-has-the-wi...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Paul_DeJoria

He does at least have some money...

Kraken

687 posts

138 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
The other mob have plenty of money as well contrary to popular opinion.

37chevy

2,258 posts

94 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
Vaud said:
Decent backer though in this case:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/365842/rokit-has-the-wi...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Paul_DeJoria

He does at least have some money...
Also might explain why they pulled out of IMSA this year and are concentrating on the NHRA/ F1

Supersam83

Original Poster:

177 posts

83 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
2019 Williams F1 Livery launch:








Jay_87

964 posts

142 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
What a disappointment from Williams, looks so boring. Torro Rosso is a great design but it needs changing up a bit, not different enough from the last two years to make it stand out.