Legit streaming of F1 in 2019

Legit streaming of F1 in 2019

Author
Discussion

Supersam83

195 posts

84 months

Thursday 14th March
quotequote all
Evercross said:
You do realise that Sky's new owners ComCast and F1 owners Liberty Global are rivals in the same market.

Sky only has the rights because they signed contracts with F1's previous owners.
Isn't Chase Carey (F1 Chief Executive) on the board of Sky UK?

Deesee

1,593 posts

22 months

Thursday 14th March
quotequote all
Supersam83 said:
Evercross said:
You do realise that Sky's new owners ComCast and F1 owners Liberty Global are rivals in the same market.

Sky only has the rights because they signed contracts with F1's previous owners.
Isn't Chase Carey (F1 Chief Executive) on the board of Sky UK?
Was, still on the 21st century fox board, which is being bought by Disney? And Sky uk to be purchased by Comcast at some point in the next few weeks (I think).

Kraken

784 posts

139 months

Thursday 14th March
quotequote all
Deesee said:
Was, still on the 21st century fox board, which is being bought by Disney? And Sky uk to be purchased by Comcast at some point in the next few weeks (I think).
Sky has been owned by Comcast for months (7/11/18) now. There is no more purchasing to be done.

rscott

8,452 posts

130 months

Thursday 14th March
quotequote all
Evercross said:
ukaskew said:
When the various TV contracts run out I'll bet on Sky having global rights on the F1 TV streaming platform in partnership with FOM.
You do realise that Sky's new owners ComCast and F1 owners Liberty Global are rivals in the same market.

Sky only has the rights because they signed contracts with F1's previous owners.
F1 is owned by Liberty Media, not Liberty Global. They have the same majority shareholder (John C Malone) but are separate companies.

Evercross

194 posts

3 months

Thursday 14th March
quotequote all
rscott said:
F1 is owned by Liberty Media, not Liberty Global. They have the same majority shareholder (John C Malone) but are separate companies.
Technicality. That's like saying Sky and Comcast are separate companies.

Bottom line is the owners of F1 and the TV rights holders in several countries are competitors.

It'll make for an interesting negotiation when the current rights deals end.

(Bold prediction - if Lewis Hamilton decides to retire before 2025 I expect Sky will look to end their rights deal early).

Edited by Evercross on Thursday 14th March 14:14

Advertisement

Stan the Bat

4,590 posts

151 months

Thursday 14th March
quotequote all
Evercross said:
rscott said:
F1 is owned by Liberty Media, not Liberty Global. They have the same majority shareholder (John C Malone) but are separate companies.
Technicality. That's like saying Sky and Comcast are separate companies.

Bottom line is the owners of F1 and the TV rights holders in several countries are competitors.

It'll make for an interesting negotiation when the current rights deals end.

(Bold prediction - if Lewis Hamilton decides to retire before 2025 I expect Sky will look to end their rights deal early).

Edited by Evercross on Thursday 14th March 14:14
Can't see LH going on until 2025.

Bullitt Five-Oh

532 posts

6 months

Thursday 14th March
quotequote all
37chevy said:


Just got this email from NOW TV....doesn’t seem too bad a deal
This is tempting since it also covers Indycar.

BTW who's doing live commentary for F1TV, Sky?

2 sMoKiN bArReLs

21,858 posts

174 months

Thursday 14th March
quotequote all
Bullitt Five-Oh said:
This is tempting since it also covers Indycar.

BTW who's doing live commentary for F1TV, Sky?
The first Indy car race coverage was awful. We just got the US feed, which was more ads than race + tech faults! Coverage on BT was ace as we generally cut to a UK team while the US ads were on.

Bullitt Five-Oh

532 posts

6 months

Thursday 14th March
quotequote all
2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
Bullitt Five-Oh said:
This is tempting since it also covers Indycar.

BTW who's doing live commentary for F1TV, Sky?
The first Indy car race coverage was awful. We just got the US feed, which was more ads than race + tech faults! Coverage on BT was ace as we generally cut to a UK team while the US ads were on.
Yeah, it was pretty crap but we have choice between either this or nothing. And if Sky gets enough complaints maybe we won't get as many ad breaks.

2 sMoKiN bArReLs

21,858 posts

174 months

Thursday 14th March
quotequote all
Bullitt Five-Oh said:
2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
Bullitt Five-Oh said:
This is tempting since it also covers Indycar.

BTW who's doing live commentary for F1TV, Sky?
The first Indy car race coverage was awful. We just got the US feed, which was more ads than race + tech faults! Coverage on BT was ace as we generally cut to a UK team while the US ads were on.
Yeah, it was pretty crap but we have choice between either this or nothing. And if Sky gets enough complaints maybe we won't get as many ad breaks.
Completely agree

MissChief

4,998 posts

107 months

Thursday 14th March
quotequote all
2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
Bullitt Five-Oh said:
2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
Bullitt Five-Oh said:
This is tempting since it also covers Indycar.

BTW who's doing live commentary for F1TV, Sky?
The first Indy car race coverage was awful. We just got the US feed, which was more ads than race + tech faults! Coverage on BT was ace as we generally cut to a UK team while the US ads were on.
Yeah, it was pretty crap but we have choice between either this or nothing. And if Sky gets enough complaints maybe we won't get as many ad breaks.
Completely agree
Ad breaks are limited by OFCOM rules.

rscott

8,452 posts

130 months

Thursday 14th March
quotequote all
MissChief said:
2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
Bullitt Five-Oh said:
2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
Bullitt Five-Oh said:
This is tempting since it also covers Indycar.

BTW who's doing live commentary for F1TV, Sky?
The first Indy car race coverage was awful. We just got the US feed, which was more ads than race + tech faults! Coverage on BT was ace as we generally cut to a UK team while the US ads were on.
Yeah, it was pretty crap but we have choice between either this or nothing. And if Sky gets enough complaints maybe we won't get as many ad breaks.
Completely agree
Ad breaks are limited by OFCOM rules.
From Sky F1 on Facebook.

Bullitt Five-Oh

532 posts

6 months

Thursday 14th March
quotequote all
rscott said:
From Sky F1 on Facebook.
NOOOOOOISE, I hope they stick to their words.

Sa Calobra

28,087 posts

150 months

Thursday 14th March
quotequote all
jb2410 said:
I reckon that £10 a month deal has sold me tbh. We have no subscription at all at the moment but the tenner a month for f1 coupled with £22 a month for the basic package and ability to record, fast forward and series link other shows we watch makes sense, for the gf and me at least.
Do you need the internet for this?

MissChief

4,998 posts

107 months

Friday 15th March
quotequote all
Sa Calobra said:
jb2410 said:
I reckon that £10 a month deal has sold me tbh. We have no subscription at all at the moment but the tenner a month for f1 coupled with £22 a month for the basic package and ability to record, fast forward and series link other shows we watch makes sense, for the gf and me at least.
Do you need the internet for this?
Not to watch live TV, but the Sky Q On demand content is downloaded via Broadband.

So if anyone is on the fence ATM I do have nine introduce a friend offers for Entertainment pack at £11pm for 18 months. Add on the F1 offer and that's £21pm for 18 months to watch the F1.

I also have other offers, £35 for everything except Sports or £45 for everything (Multiscreen/Sky Q Experience extra on all packages, 1TB box standard, 2Tb available at extra cost although reduced ATM to £25 one off cost. SQE is also discounted at the moment too.

NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY

Send me an email and you must be a member of the forum for minimum 6 months or 250 posts.

Welshbeef

35,495 posts

137 months

Friday 15th March
quotequote all
MissChief said:
Not to watch live TV, but the Sky Q On demand content is downloaded via Broadband.

So if anyone is on the fence ATM I do have nine introduce a friend offers for Entertainment pack at £11pm for 18 months. Add on the F1 offer and that's £21pm for 18 months to watch the F1.

I also have other offers, £35 for everything except Sports or £45 for everything (Multiscreen/Sky Q Experience extra on all packages, 1TB box standard, 2Tb available at extra cost although reduced ATM to £25 one off cost. SQE is also discounted at the moment too.

NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY

Send me an email and you must be a member of the forum for minimum 6 months or 250 posts.
Do you have any offers st all for existing customers who have the full sky package and are just out of contract - looking for a good deal

MissChief

4,998 posts

107 months

Friday 15th March
quotequote all
Welshbeef said:
MissChief said:
Not to watch live TV, but the Sky Q On demand content is downloaded via Broadband.

So if anyone is on the fence ATM I do have nine introduce a friend offers for Entertainment pack at £11pm for 18 months. Add on the F1 offer and that's £21pm for 18 months to watch the F1.

I also have other offers, £35 for everything except Sports or £45 for everything (Multiscreen/Sky Q Experience extra on all packages, 1TB box standard, 2Tb available at extra cost although reduced ATM to £25 one off cost. SQE is also discounted at the moment too.

NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY

Send me an email and you must be a member of the forum for minimum 6 months or 250 posts.
Do you have any offers st all for existing customers who have the full sky package and are just out of contract - looking for a good deal
Sadly not Mr Beef, but retentions should have some good offers.

Welshbeef

35,495 posts

137 months

Friday 15th March
quotequote all
MissChief said:
Sadly not Mr Beef, but retentions should have some good offers.
Hopefully £135pcm is eye watering

AWRacing

1,442 posts

164 months

Saturday 16th March
quotequote all
Has anyone else noticed the Sky One are showing the race lice tomorrow??

A little pee’d off given i’ve just used a nowtv pass but hey ho.

2 sMoKiN bArReLs

21,858 posts

174 months

Saturday 16th March
quotequote all
AWRacing said:
Has anyone else noticed the Sky One are showing the race lice tomorrow??

A little pee’d off given i’ve just used a nowtv pass but hey ho.
They've always shown a few on Sky 1. Just to draw others in I guess.