Ferrari drop "Mission Winnow" b******ks from name

Ferrari drop "Mission Winnow" b******ks from name

Author
Discussion

JonChalk

Original Poster:

2,410 posts

57 months

Tuesday 28th May
quotequote all
the prime difference is that BAT are pushing their move into "vaping", whilst Mission Winnow is pointless deflection bullst;

"Mission Winnow has a simple goal: drive change by constantly searching for better ways of doing things. And by committing to learning and knowing more, it’s easier to make choices that improve the future for everyone. To make this happen, we’ll get inside the minds of outstanding innovators and change-makers, to see why and how they achieve excellence.

From world-leading engineers and scientists to cutting-edge creatives, the people at PMI, and our partners at Scuderia Ferrari and Ducati, have the know-how to challenge the status quo, drive revolutionary change and to be champions. They have devoted their lives to finding a better way, and their stories of endeavor and success are inspiring.

You’ll see innovative solutions to long-standing problems and brand-new initiatives that kick-start advances into unchartered (sic - copied from website) territory. Every one of these is focused on making a positive impact on people and organizations.

Join us now on the Mission Winnow journey."

No products, no hardware, no software, just smokescreen words covering absolutely fk-all. Despicable halfwits.

Gary C

5,381 posts

126 months

Kraken

1,232 posts

147 months

Monday 4th November
quotequote all
JonChalk said:
t

No products, no hardware, no software, just smokescreen words covering absolutely fk-all. Despicable halfwits.
There is much about business that isn't product or software based. Without investment from "despicable halfwits" most of the companies producing physical products and software wouldn't have got off the ground.

DOCG

72 posts

1 month

Wednesday 6th November
quotequote all
JonChalk said:
the prime difference is that BAT are pushing their move into "vaping", whilst Mission Winnow is pointless deflection bullst;

"Mission Winnow has a simple goal: drive change by constantly searching for better ways of doing things. And by committing to learning and knowing more, it’s easier to make choices that improve the future for everyone. To make this happen, we’ll get inside the minds of outstanding innovators and change-makers, to see why and how they achieve excellence.

From world-leading engineers and scientists to cutting-edge creatives, the people at PMI, and our partners at Scuderia Ferrari and Ducati, have the know-how to challenge the status quo, drive revolutionary change and to be champions. They have devoted their lives to finding a better way, and their stories of endeavor and success are inspiring.

You’ll see innovative solutions to long-standing problems and brand-new initiatives that kick-start advances into unchartered (sic - copied from website) territory. Every one of these is focused on making a positive impact on people and organizations.

Join us now on the Mission Winnow journey."

No products, no hardware, no software, just smokescreen words covering absolutely fk-all. Despicable halfwits.
Upon what basis do you think that PMI executives are halfwits?

SturdyHSV

6,625 posts

114 months

Wednesday 6th November
quotequote all
DOCG said:
JonChalk said:
the prime difference is that BAT are pushing their move into "vaping", whilst Mission Winnow is pointless deflection bullst;

"Mission Winnow has a simple goal: drive change by constantly searching for better ways of doing things. And by committing to learning and knowing more, it’s easier to make choices that improve the future for everyone. To make this happen, we’ll get inside the minds of outstanding innovators and change-makers, to see why and how they achieve excellence.

From world-leading engineers and scientists to cutting-edge creatives, the people at PMI, and our partners at Scuderia Ferrari and Ducati, have the know-how to challenge the status quo, drive revolutionary change and to be champions. They have devoted their lives to finding a better way, and their stories of endeavor and success are inspiring.

You’ll see innovative solutions to long-standing problems and brand-new initiatives that kick-start advances into unchartered (sic - copied from website) territory. Every one of these is focused on making a positive impact on people and organizations.

Join us now on the Mission Winnow journey."

No products, no hardware, no software, just smokescreen words covering absolutely fk-all. Despicable halfwits.
Upon what basis do you think that PMI executives are halfwits?
I mean frankly if they're managing to make (inevitably vast sums of) money without an actual product, surely they've at least got more wit than morons who need a product to make money? hehe

Daston

5,598 posts

150 months

Wednesday 6th November
quotequote all
I am late to the party it seems, how is this company linked to cigarettes or more to the point why when I look at the logo should I think it does?

I don't smoke so maybe don't get that it looks like an existing brand?

HustleRussell

17,081 posts

107 months

Wednesday 6th November
quotequote all
Daston said:
I am late to the party it seems, how is this company linked to cigarettes or more to the point why when I look at the logo should I think it does?

I don't smoke so maybe don't get that it looks like an existing brand?
It’s a highly tenuous link but the angular white typeface over a red background loosely evokes the red / white Marlborough chevron motif, if you squint and then look at it very closely at a eighty degree angle.

In my view it is far too much of a stretch to suggest that the particular combination of colours and angles of the ‘Mission Winnow’ sponsorship might make people want a Marlborough Red, so I assume that Philip Morris Intl.’ are mainly buying a corporate entertainment relationship for its partners.

The question remains of what purpose the branding actually serves though, if behind it is only a nonsensical mission statement.

ajprice

16,643 posts

143 months

Wednesday 6th November
quotequote all
HustleRussell said:
Daston said:
I am late to the party it seems, how is this company linked to cigarettes or more to the point why when I look at the logo should I think it does?

I don't smoke so maybe don't get that it looks like an existing brand?
It’s a highly tenuous link but the angular white typeface over a red background loosely evokes the red / white Marlborough chevron motif, if you squint and then look at it very closely at a eighty degree angle.

Daston

5,598 posts

150 months

Wednesday 6th November
quotequote all
ajprice said:
Ahh I see it now.

Got to be honest I cant remember the last time I saw a decal on a race car and thought "best google that"