Rich Energy drop Haas. No...Really. Seriously...

Rich Energy drop Haas. No...Really. Seriously...

Author
Discussion

Gary C

9,592 posts

156 months

Saturday 12th February
quotequote all
dukeboy749r said:
Sorry to just drop in on this thread. I've never even seen the drink in the shops/restaurants/outside of this thread and a cursory Google search.

Is it just a Walt F1 team owner winding people up or is there more to it?
Bought a few cans for one of the kids who is into F1 for fun.

Tastes a bit like flat Red Bull with lemon in it.

Still available from Amazon.

Megaflow

8,070 posts

202 months

Saturday 12th February
quotequote all
hot metal said:
Is this guy laundering money or trying to rip off potential investors ? Lets face it , the brand is now better known than some real products I imagine rolleyes
It has got to be the former, nobody is going to be dumb enough to think he is a serious business investment anymore are they, are they... yikes

b0rk

1,876 posts

123 months

Saturday 12th February
quotequote all
Megaflow said:
It has got to be the former, nobody is going to be dumb enough to think he is a serious business investment anymore are they, are they... yikes
Surely it is too high profile for it to be a front business for less than honest sources of income. However where the not inconsiderable money came from is still a mystery.

Someone, somewhere wanted a lot of cash spent..

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Saturday 12th February
quotequote all
b0rk said:
Megaflow said:
It has got to be the former, nobody is going to be dumb enough to think he is a serious business investment anymore are they, are they... yikes
Surely it is too high profile for it to be a front business for less than honest sources of income. However where the not inconsiderable money came from is still a mystery.

Someone, somewhere wanted a lot of cash spent..
It is the ultimate expression of "hiding in plain sight".

andburg

5,422 posts

146 months

Saturday 12th February
quotequote all
Just remember William said they’ll be back in the grid year as part of a wider deal on team ownership…

Gtom

1,241 posts

109 months

Wednesday 16th February
quotequote all

Emeye

9,691 posts

200 months

Wednesday 16th February
quotequote all
Gtom said:
He should be running the FIA with his awesome skillz and insight.

andburg

5,422 posts

146 months

Wednesday 16th February
quotequote all
So I guess he’s bought Mercedes’ or alpine given everything else has been seen/leaked


Or maybe he’s still full of st

mw88

974 posts

88 months

Wednesday 16th February
quotequote all
andburg said:
Or maybe he’s still full of st
Bingo!

StevieBee

10,854 posts

232 months

Wednesday 16th February
quotequote all
hot metal said:
Is this guy laundering money or trying to rip off potential investors ? Lets face it , the brand is now better known than some real products I imagine rolleyes
In the 90s, there was an energy drink called Hype (in fact there still is only it isn't sold in the UK). The company was set up by one of the guys behind the Hard Rock Café. They accumulated a shed-load of investment most of which was spent on extreme sports sponsorship including F1. From the outside, it appeared as if they were advertising a product that didn't exist. In fact, they were building brand awareness and using their sponsorship to gain access to various distribution channels around the world - sponsoring Benetton, who at the time were also sponsored by AutoGrill (the Italian Little Chef) and Kingfisher - accessing Indian distribution channels. Clever and would have worked well but issues with production led to the company folding - Betrand Gachot and a few other purchased it and still run it as far as I know.

I had thought that Rich Energy were running to the same play book. But I really think they would have shown their hand by now.

rallycross

11,618 posts

214 months

Wednesday 16th February
quotequote all
mw88 said:
andburg said:
Or maybe he’s still full of st
Bingo!
The guy is a total f@@@@ idiot and a fantasist and deserves to be made a laughing stock of.

Presuming Ed

1,114 posts

185 months

Thursday 17th February
quotequote all
StevieBee said:
In the 90s, there was an energy drink called Hype (in fact there still is only it isn't sold in the UK). The company was set up by one of the guys behind the Hard Rock Café. They accumulated a shed-load of investment most of which was spent on extreme sports sponsorship including F1. From the outside, it appeared as if they were advertising a product that didn't exist. In fact, they were building brand awareness and using their sponsorship to gain access to various distribution channels around the world - sponsoring Benetton, who at the time were also sponsored by AutoGrill (the Italian Little Chef) and Kingfisher - accessing Indian distribution channels. Clever and would have worked well but issues with production led to the company folding - Betrand Gachot and a few other purchased it and still run it as far as I know.

I had thought that Rich Energy were running to the same play book. But I really think they would have shown their hand by now.
Interesting, I had no idea Gachot had anything to do with Hype, or that Hype were still a thing. He was a great driver back in the day, just in the wrong teams at the wrong time. Less said about the whole road rage thing of course.

HustleRussell

21,471 posts

137 months

Thursday 17th February
quotequote all
rallycross said:
mw88 said:
andburg said:
Or maybe he’s still full of st
Bingo!
The guy is a total f@@@@ idiot and a fantasist and deserves to be made a laughing stock of.
Give the guy some credit, he is successfully doing that himself.

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Thursday 17th February
quotequote all
With any luck, he'll lose interest in motorsport, and take his unique brand of bullst self-promotion off to football, where it would be a much better fit wink

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/foo...

fomb

1,394 posts

188 months

Thursday 17th February
quotequote all
So now he's either sponsored Alpine (which would be weird alongside BWT), bought out Mercedes, or is talking toss

2fast748

930 posts

172 months

Friday 18th February
quotequote all
JonChalk said:
With any luck, he'll lose interest in motorsport, and take his unique brand of bullst self-promotion off to football, where it would be a much better fit wink

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/foo...
There actually is a British Superbike team sponsored by beardy and it seems to be real, OMG Rich Energy.

Speed Badger

1,908 posts

94 months

Wednesday 2nd March
quotequote all
Apologies this isn't hot off the press info, there are far better and more important things in my life, but they tweeted this five days ago. Random.


Steamer

13,073 posts

190 months

Wednesday 2nd March
quotequote all
Well after reading that Tweet and laughing...


...There is now a team without a title sponsor "Hello Guenther my ol' mate... fancy a new logo for the cars this year?"

LucyP

1,037 posts

36 months

Wednesday 2nd March
quotequote all
2fast748 said:
There actually is a British Superbike team sponsored by beardy and it seems to be real, OMG Rich Energy.
They are not sponsored by him. I've explained how they work before. Read the whole thread.

p4cks

6,254 posts

176 months

Wednesday 2nd March
quotequote all
LucyP said:
2fast748 said:
There actually is a British Superbike team sponsored by beardy and it seems to be real, OMG Rich Energy.
They are not sponsored by him. I've explained how they work before. Read the whole thread.
All 49 pages? I suspect he's got better things to do, such as replying to two-week old replies