Lewis Hamilton (Vol. 2)

Lewis Hamilton (Vol. 2)

Author
Discussion

turbobloke

94,384 posts

231 months

Saturday 1st August 2020
quotequote all
Exige77 said:
paulguitar said:
Incredible pole lap today, can't wait to see if onboard when it's out on youtube later.

We're seeing an all-time great at the absolute peak of his powers.

To those here that he upsets, try to appreciate it, even if you can't enjoy it!
Stunning lap there by Lewis.

Valtteri has been on good form this weekend so to beat him by 3/10s is top peddling.

Looking forward also to seeing a slow mo.

On the limit racing matters !!
Yes indeed, a brilliant pole lap from LH, a gap of 0.3s is three country miles in F1.

M5-911

956 posts

16 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
jimPH said:
So lewis had been pressurising his fellows into kneeling. I hope we don't see them all doing that.

Lewis has been "educating" I assume that means educating Communist doctrine where the BLM principals are founded.

O think these drivers should just get on with their day job.
Interesting comment. For me as a foreigner from a socialist country, I find it amusing that you are slaging off communism and using it as a playground insult knowyinlgy that the NHS system is basically based on the pure definition of communism and I am sure that you are proud of it.

Communism:
noun
a theory or system of social organization in which all property is owned by the community and each person contributes and receives according to their ability and needs

Exige77

6,507 posts

162 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
M5-911 said:
jimPH said:
So lewis had been pressurising his fellows into kneeling. I hope we don't see them all doing that.

Lewis has been "educating" I assume that means educating Communist doctrine where the BLM principals are founded.

O think these drivers should just get on with their day job.
Interesting comment. For me as a foreigner from a socialist country, I find it amusing that you are slaging off communism and using it as a playground insult knowyinlgy that the NHS system is basically based on the pure definition of communism and I am sure that you are proud of it.

Communism:
noun
a theory or system of social organization in which all property is owned by the community and each person contributes and receives according to their ability and needs
I think we all know communism doesn’t work anywhere and that it creates the most the most extreme levels of wealth disparity due to corruption.


M5-911

956 posts

16 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
Exige77 said:
I think we all know communism doesn’t work anywhere and that it creates the most the most extreme levels of wealth disparity due to corruption.
Indeed, but the uk health system is based on the same principle. Corruption doesn't aplly to a specific political party.

MarkwG

3,350 posts

160 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
My understanding of Black Lives Matter is that it's a disparate "broad church" organisation that covers many within the political spectrum: the original & very powerful message is that those who are tasked with defending & protecting, should not be killing those they are supposed to be defending & protecting in the act of doing so. It's that simple, & on that level, I struggle with how anyone can object to that as a principle. I question the motives of those that choose to ignore that, & point towards a small minority as indicative of the whole, much as those who would lump me in with the extreme right wing, purely based on my ethnic background...

RB Will

7,436 posts

211 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
Blue62 said:
WickerBill said:
no, theyd be moaning that:

Fangio was 'lucky' to always be in the best cars

Switched teams to always be in the best cars

Had team orders so he took over his teammates car when his broke down

Had mediocre teammates that made him look good

Didn't deserve his 5 world championships

He had a b4stard child and didn't do the right thing by marrying his woman



….not much different to these days really.

Edited by WickerBill on Friday 31st July 09:13
He has six WC’s mate
Fangio has 5 mate

Fundoreen

2,600 posts

54 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
LH is the best and most professional driver we have and would be the champion in any era.
Fame has given him a platform and it starts getting problematic there.
Its ok for him to devise ceremonies that he then expects every other driver to follow as he could
have a nice sleep till 13:55 and still win the race.
All the other drivers have too much else to worry about without adding another activity which
may break a carefully constructed mindset for the race.
This begins to look like an advantage for him at the end of the day.

Anyone wonder how religions get going and gain traction?
One american footballer refusing to stand for the usa national anthem has transferred into
something akin to an act of religious observance.
All credit to those drivers that tried to gently put this to bed but the fear of a reaction
means they are doomed to follow one drivers agenda.
I expect lewis to win the race and he will deserve it.
Look forward to reading about his private island and cult of worshippers when he retires.

RB Will

7,436 posts

211 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
That’s an interesting thought actually. Getting a special ceremony and other drivers to kneel for him before a race probably does frustrate the other drivers and give Lewis a bit of a perk, not that he particularly needs it to work on anyone but Bottas.

pquinn

2,511 posts

17 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
RB Will said:
That’s an interesting thought actually. Getting a special ceremony and other drivers to kneel for him before a race probably does frustrate the other drivers and give Lewis a bit of a perk, not that he particularly needs it to work on anyone but Bottas.
They'd have only done it once if the cry-bullying wasn't keeping it going.

The extra special perk is getting to wear a different shirt to everyone else, imagine the screeching if someone else was doing it.

jimPH

2,750 posts

51 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
M5-911 said:
jimPH said:
So lewis had been pressurising his fellows into kneeling. I hope we don't see them all doing that.

Lewis has been "educating" I assume that means educating Communist doctrine where the BLM principals are founded.

O think these drivers should just get on with their day job.
Interesting comment. For me as a foreigner from a socialist country, I find it amusing that you are slaging off communism and using it as a playground insult knowyinlgy that the NHS system is basically based on the pure definition of communism and I am sure that you are proud of it.

Communism:
noun
a theory or system of social organization in which all property is owned by the community and each person contributes and receives according to their ability and needs
So the NHS, funded and managed by the capitalist tax system is communist. I've heard it all now.

The problem with communism has always been that there are more people with hate and capacity to do untold evil than there are helping those in need. It's playing out with BLM, it's not about helping black people, it's about dragging down anyone who isn't. The ethos is the same, tear it up and start again, the proletariat Vs the bourgeoisie, the peasants Vs the kulaks. The oppressed (Black's) Vs the oppresser's (white privilege). Anyone who can't see that must be either wearing military grade blinkers, weapons grade ignorant or disturbingly evil. I mean how many times does Communist ideology need to fail before you realise it's pretty bad. Are hundreds of millions of people not enough!


rscott

12,739 posts

162 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
pquinn said:
They'd have only done it once if the cry-bullying wasn't keeping it going.

The extra special perk is getting to wear a different shirt to everyone else, imagine the screeching if someone else was doing it.
Any one of them could wear a BLM shirt if they wished.

The only cry bay seems to be on this thread, moaning about Hamilton's actions.

Exitleft

922 posts

195 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
jimPH said:
Lewis has been "educating" I assume that means educating Communist doctrine where the BLM principals are founded.
No he’s been educating them on the spelling as well as the substance of having principles.

Europa1

10,923 posts

159 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
Exitleft said:
No he’s been educating them on the spelling as well as the substance of having principles.
Deft, sir, deft.

TP321

1,349 posts

169 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
Plain lucky...Bottas is a waste of space but suits Merc to have a placid, unemotional, nobody No2.

Max would destroy him in the same car...

TheLimla

1,749 posts

165 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
Nah, Max is vastly overrated, red bull should put seb back in the team so that max could learn from him.

cuprabob

10,269 posts

185 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
TP321 said:
Plain lucky...Bottas is a waste of space but suits Merc to have a placid, unemotional, nobody No2.

Max would destroy him in the same car...
Jos, is that you?

DeltonaS

3,381 posts

109 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
cuprabob said:
TP321 said:
Plain lucky...Bottas is a waste of space but suits Merc to have a placid, unemotional, nobody No2.

Max would destroy him in the same car...
Jos, is that you?
Jos the boss.

Max will destroy Hamilton as well. We all know it, it's just a matter of time, once the material get's more equal......

M5-911

956 posts

16 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
DeltonaS said:
Jos the boss.

Max will destroy Hamilton as well. We all know it, it's just a matter of time, once the material get's more equal......
It was actually equal during the wet qualifying in Austria and look what's happened. Any ex F1 and current drivers will tell you that the rain level the playing field.

paulguitar

13,165 posts

84 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
TP321 said:
Max would destroy him in the same car...
Max is clearly a great talent, but saying Max would 'destroy' Hamilton is the same car demonstrates a significant ignorance and lack of understanding of the sport.

People who work in F1, rather than anonymous internet keyboard warriors, are fully aware of Hamilton's abilities. That's also why he has consistently ranked the number one driver by the team managers, year after year.

Hamilton has been an astonishing talent since he was in cadet karts. Everyone on the sport knew it from back then, and he's now homing in on pretty much every record in the book.






paulguitar

13,165 posts

84 months

Sunday 2nd August 2020
quotequote all
DeltonaS said:


Max will destroy Hamilton as well. We all know it
Apparently, the team managers don't know it, and nor do the current and ex drivers.

Of course, you know better than them though.

rolleyes