Lewis Hamilton (Vol. 2)

Lewis Hamilton (Vol. 2)

Author
Discussion

angrymoby

2,042 posts

162 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
Presuming Ed said:
Calm down dears, the faux outrage of max turning the wheel at 2 mph as Lewis jumps the queue and ignoring the gentleman's agreement in place that you don't pass in the last few corners to start your flying lap. OMG the horror, could quite easily be defended as warming tyres no not worth an investigation or wasting anytime on. Otherwise we'd have about 20 investigations after every qualifying session.

This thread should be about bigging up Lewis not constantly moaning about Verstappen. His success is worth more then that. And stop blaming the Max fans for bringing the tone down,.
other drivers disagree:

https://www.racefans.net/2019/04/13/no-unwritten-r...

basically Verstappen trying to enforce it, in his own unique manner ...& not for the first time either:

https://www.racefans.net/2022/10/08/norris-rejects...

regardless of whether you think it exists or not, we dont need drivers deliberately trying to cause another driver off circuit or worse ...that needs stamping out

Daston

5,953 posts

187 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
Presuming Ed said:
Calm down dears, the faux outrage of max turning the wheel at 2 mph as Lewis jumps the queue and ignoring the gentleman's agreement in place that you don't pass in the last few corners to start your flying lap. OMG the horror, could quite easily be defended as warming tyres no not worth an investigation or wasting anytime on. Otherwise we'd have about 20 investigations after every qualifying session.

This thread should be about bigging up Lewis not constantly moaning about Verstappen. His success is worth more then that. And stop blaming the Max fans for bringing the tone down,.
Funny that Max's engineer didn't seem to think it was a good idea either and he clearly wasn't warming up his tyres at as you say 2mph.

MustangGT

9,921 posts

264 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
Presuming Ed said:
Calm down dears, the faux outrage of max turning the wheel at 2 mph as Lewis jumps the queue and ignoring the gentleman's agreement in place that you don't pass in the last few corners to start your flying lap. OMG the horror, could quite easily be defended as warming tyres no not worth an investigation or wasting anytime on. Otherwise we'd have about 20 investigations after every qualifying session.
So why did Max's engineer immediately get on the radio telling Max to 'Let it go, let him play'.

Also I am assuming you did not even see the incident, because Max was quite clearly watching Lewis in his mirrors and, very obviously, turned towards Lewis as he went past. Max cannot even claim he never saw him.

paulguitar

18,057 posts

97 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
Presuming Ed said:
This thread should be about bigging up Lewis not constantly moaning about Verstappen. His success is worth more then that. And stop blaming the Max fans for bringing the tone down,.
IIRC this thread was started by someone who didn't like Hamilton. Either way, it should probably be for general discussion, good and bad, rather than purely about 'bigging him up'.


Regarding Verstappen, he makes regular appearances here because it appears he is somewhat triggered by Hamilton and finds it hard to drive 'normally' around him. We haven't seen much of it lately because of the relative performance of their equipment, but very recent events suggest things have not changed. It will be interesting to see what happens if their cars are closely matched next season.

deadslow

7,493 posts

207 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
He'll need to find a way past George first, before he gets near Max hehe

mat205125

17,055 posts

197 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
paulguitar said:
Presuming Ed said:
This thread should be about bigging up Lewis not constantly moaning about Verstappen. His success is worth more then that. And stop blaming the Max fans for bringing the tone down,.
IIRC this thread was started by someone who didn't like Hamilton. Either way, it should probably be for general discussion, good and bad, rather than purely about 'bigging him up'.


Regarding Verstappen, he makes regular appearances here because it appears he is somewhat triggered by Hamilton and finds it hard to drive 'normally' around him. We haven't seen much of it lately because of the relative performance of their equipment, but very recent events suggest things have not changed. It will be interesting to see what happens if their cars are closely matched next season.
Objectively, its essential to concede that vice versa is also true. Not uncommon in strong rivalries in any sport.

paulguitar

18,057 posts

97 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
deadslow said:
He'll need to find a way past George first, before he gets near Max hehe
True. We, the viewers, and certainly fortunate that Mercedes has the policy of letting its drivers race on equal terms.

paulguitar

18,057 posts

97 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
mat205125 said:
Objectively, its essential to concede that vice versa is also true. Not uncommon in strong rivalries in any sport.
That's a reasonable enough point but not well supported by the historical evidence in this particular case. Hamilton has spent a good amount of time - in 2021 - in particular, trying to dive out of Verstappen's way.

deadslow

7,493 posts

207 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
paulguitar said:
deadslow said:
He'll need to find a way past George first, before he gets near Max hehe
True. We, the viewers, and certainly fortunate that Mercedes has the policy of letting its drivers race on equal terms.
I hope you are right. Wouldn't want to see George being pressured to take the Bottas role. War would break out at Merc (again) hehe

paulguitar

18,057 posts

97 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
deadslow said:
paulguitar said:
deadslow said:
He'll need to find a way past George first, before he gets near Max hehe
True. We, the viewers, and certainly fortunate that Mercedes has the policy of letting its drivers race on equal terms.
I hope you are right. Wouldn't want to see George being pressured to take the Bottas role. War would break out at Merc (again) hehe
I don't think that will happen. Bottas was occasionally asked to help because he wasn't usually anywhere near Lewis on the track. Not so with Russell who is probably a future WDC.

We've also seen Lewis being very mellow about ending up behind Gorge in the standings. I think if he considers things to have been fair and knows where things have gone awry, and why, he's simply secure enough in his own abilities to be able to deal with it.


deadslow

7,493 posts

207 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
paulguitar said:
deadslow said:
paulguitar said:
deadslow said:
He'll need to find a way past George first, before he gets near Max hehe
True. We, the viewers, and certainly fortunate that Mercedes has the policy of letting its drivers race on equal terms.
I hope you are right. Wouldn't want to see George being pressured to take the Bottas role. War would break out at Merc (again) hehe
I don't think that will happen. Bottas was occasionally asked to help because he wasn't usually anywhere near Lewis on the track. Not so with Russell who is probably a future WDC.

We've also seen Lewis being very mellow about ending up behind Gorge in the standings. I think if he considers things to have been fair and knows where things have gone awry, and why, he's simply secure enough in his own abilities to be able to deal with it.
I think he will want to beat George at all costs, or he will exit the sport.

MustangGT

9,921 posts

264 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
deadslow said:
paulguitar said:
deadslow said:
He'll need to find a way past George first, before he gets near Max hehe
True. We, the viewers, and certainly fortunate that Mercedes has the policy of letting its drivers race on equal terms.
I hope you are right. Wouldn't want to see George being pressured to take the Bottas role. War would break out at Merc (again) hehe
We can all see, by the use of the smilie, that you really do not believe what you wrote. Great for keeping the conversation going though.

George is definitely one of the best on the grid at this time, probably second only to Lewis. Max may well get into the top 3 if he can control himself a lot better, particularly when around Lewis. Well done to Toto that he has the best 2 drivers on the grid in his team. Lando and Charles are also up there, Carlos not far behind.

deadslow

7,493 posts

207 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
MustangGT said:
deadslow said:
paulguitar said:
deadslow said:
He'll need to find a way past George first, before he gets near Max hehe
True. We, the viewers, and certainly fortunate that Mercedes has the policy of letting its drivers race on equal terms.
I hope you are right. Wouldn't want to see George being pressured to take the Bottas role. War would break out at Merc (again) hehe
We can all see, by the use of the smilie, that you really do not believe what you wrote. Great for keeping the conversation going though.

George is definitely one of the best on the grid at this time, probably second only to Lewis. Max may well get into the top 3 if he can control himself a lot better, particularly when around Lewis. Well done to Toto that he has the best 2 drivers on the grid in his team. Lando and Charles are also up there, Carlos not far behind.
seek help hehe

MustangGT

9,921 posts

264 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
deadslow said:
seek help hehe
What have I said that is provably incorrect? Just because it does not fit into your little universe does not make it incorrect.

HighwayStar

3,811 posts

128 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
MustangGT said:
deadslow said:
seek help hehe
What have I said that is provably incorrect? Just because it does not fit into your little universe does not make it incorrect.
You’re not allowed to have an opinion of you own… if doesn’t echo his then clearly yours is wrong. wink

MustangGT

9,921 posts

264 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
HighwayStar said:
MustangGT said:
deadslow said:
seek help hehe
What have I said that is provably incorrect? Just because it does not fit into your little universe does not make it incorrect.
You’re not allowed to have an opinion of you own… if doesn’t echo his then clearly yours is wrong. wink
Dash it, I forgot that smile

ch37

9,657 posts

205 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
Things I didn't expect to see today: Sir Lewis doing a bit of Tokyo Drift in an R34 (and laughing his head off doing it).


Pflanzgarten

1,489 posts

9 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
ch37 said:
Things I didn't expect to see today: Sir Lewis doing a bit of Tokyo Drift in an R34 (and laughing his head off doing it).
How utterly brilliant


https://twitter.com/SirLewisUpdates/status/1595504...

Mack42

59 posts

129 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
deadslow said:
paulguitar said:
deadslow said:
paulguitar said:
deadslow said:
He'll need to find a way past George first, before he gets near Max hehe
True. We, the viewers, and certainly fortunate that Mercedes has the policy of letting its drivers race on equal terms.
I hope you are right. Wouldn't want to see George being pressured to take the Bottas role. War would break out at Merc (again) hehe
I don't think that will happen. Bottas was occasionally asked to help because he wasn't usually anywhere near Lewis on the track. Not so with Russell who is probably a future WDC.

We've also seen Lewis being very mellow about ending up behind Gorge in the standings. I think if he considers things to have been fair and knows where things have gone awry, and why, he's simply secure enough in his own abilities to be able to deal with it.
I think he will want to beat George at all costs, or he will exit the sport.
I think next year will be pivotal for Lewis, beat George in the standings and hes bang in the game with his tail up, George beat him and its off the Sebastian Vettel home for formally devisve F1 drivers for a year or two then into retirement. Personally I hope for the former as I think he has something to give to the sport and is one of the guys that the newer drivers should aim to emulate and a good barometer to gauge their own performances against.

RB Will

8,468 posts

224 months

Wednesday 23rd November
quotequote all
Pflanzgarten said:
ch37 said:
Things I didn't expect to see today: Sir Lewis doing a bit of Tokyo Drift in an R34 (and laughing his head off doing it).
How utterly brilliant


https://twitter.com/SirLewisUpdates/status/1595504...
He is the only bugger that can afford one these days!