Croft has to go

Croft has to go

Author
Discussion

HARTLEYHARE1

576 posts

102 months

Sunday 14th November 2021
quotequote all
God help us all today, expect the worst

Adrian W

Original Poster:

12,395 posts

201 months

Sunday 14th November 2021
quotequote all
Croft spent the whole afternoon screaming

DiResta will have a breakdown after Mercedes won

iandc

3,314 posts

179 months

Sunday 14th November 2021
quotequote all
Adrian W said:
Croft spent the whole afternoon screaming

DiResta will have a breakdown after Mercedes won
Mershedes! get it right

cc3

854 posts

89 months

Sunday 14th November 2021
quotequote all
So why does DiResta not like Mercedes? He was on their books (DTM?)for a while but wasn’t good enough to make the F1 team. Drove for Force India. He clearly doesn’t like Hamilton I guess because Hamilton is so much better at F1 than he was.

So I assume he has a massive chip on his shoulders and uses every opportunity to have a dig at Mercedes and Hamilton. Personally the coverage would be better without him


RichB

46,505 posts

257 months

Sunday 14th November 2021
quotequote all
cc3 said:
So why does DiResta not like Mercedes? He was on their books (DTM?)for a while but wasn’t good enough to make the F1 team. Drove for Force India. He clearly doesn’t like Hamilton I guess because Hamilton is so much better at F1 than he was.

So I assume he has a massive chip on his shoulders and uses every opportunity to have a dig at Mercedes and Hamilton. Personally the coverage would be better without him
Anthony Hamilton managed Di Resta and Di Resta wound up suing Hamilton
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-and-di...

Nickp82

2,700 posts

66 months

Sunday 14th November 2021
quotequote all
I find PDR’s interrogative interview style after a race annoying, he was trying to turn the Lewis/Max turn 4 situation round on Horner today and it was just embarrassing, all the other presenters realise that immediately after the race should be a bit more of a wind-down.

markcoznottz

7,155 posts

197 months

Tuesday 16th November 2021
quotequote all
For those of us paupers watching the race highlights on you tube, it’s disappointing that there’s hardly any brundle bits. I guess the 20 old geek who edits this doesn’t get his calm technical input and doesn’t get who’s it’s aimed at.

PH User

21,167 posts

81 months

Tuesday 16th November 2021
quotequote all
Easy fix, watch the highlights on 4. No Crofty at all then.

Adrian W

Original Poster:

12,395 posts

201 months

Tuesday 16th November 2021
quotequote all
Now that the video is out it is going to interesting how the Sky team present it, they very rarely say anything against the FIA, something to do with biting the hand that feeds you.

jsf

24,687 posts

209 months

Tuesday 16th November 2021
quotequote all
Adrian W said:
Now that the video is out it is going to interesting how the Sky team present it, they very rarely say anything against the FIA, something to do with biting the hand that feeds you.
The FIA don't give out the paddock passes. They can say what they want and should.

cgt2

2,431 posts

161 months

Tuesday 16th November 2021
quotequote all
jsf said:
They can say what they want and should.
But they'd rather talk about beer, football and any other completely unrelated subject instead!

PH User

21,167 posts

81 months

Tuesday 16th November 2021
quotequote all
I like the slightly random chat during free practice, it kind of reminds me of the chat during Le Mans

carl_w

7,169 posts

231 months

Tuesday 16th November 2021
quotequote all
jsf said:
The FIA don't give out the paddock passes. They can say what they want and should.
Didn't Bernie threaten to revoke Martin Brundle's paddock pass at one point?

jsf

24,687 posts

209 months

Tuesday 16th November 2021
quotequote all
carl_w said:
Didn't Bernie threaten to revoke Martin Brundle's paddock pass at one point?
Bernie was not the FIA, he was FOM, I.E. Liberty.

carl_w

7,169 posts

231 months

Tuesday 16th November 2021
quotequote all
jsf said:
Bernie was not the FIA, he was FOM, I.E. Liberty.
Actually I've just looked and it was Mosley. Who was the FIA.

jsf

24,687 posts

209 months

Tuesday 16th November 2021
quotequote all
carl_w said:
Actually I've just looked and it was Mosley. Who was the FIA.
If that was the case, then that's pretty dumb of Max, because the FIA don't control paddock passes, FOM do.

carl_w

7,169 posts

231 months

Tuesday 16th November 2021
quotequote all
jsf said:
If that was the case, then that's pretty dumb of Max, because the FIA don't control paddock passes, FOM do.
Bernie and Max were mates
https://www.racefans.net/2007/12/09/martin-brundle...
(TBH I hadn't realized it was that long ago)

In post-Max years the FIA apparently sent a delegate to Gary Hartstein's employer in an effort to get him fired.


jsf

24,687 posts

209 months

Tuesday 16th November 2021
quotequote all
carl_w said:
Bernie and Max were mates
https://www.racefans.net/2007/12/09/martin-brundle...
(TBH I hadn't realized it was that long ago)

In post-Max years the FIA apparently sent a delegate to Gary Hartstein's employer in an effort to get him fired.
Bernie and Max used each other.

FOM control the passes, not the FIA. Isn't that the issue we are discussing here, not what went on in the past and what dodgy back rubbing may have gone on?

carl_w

7,169 posts

231 months

Tuesday 16th November 2021
quotequote all
jsf said:
Bernie and Max used each other.

FOM control the passes, not the FIA. Isn't that the issue we are discussing here, not what went on in the past and what dodgy back rubbing may have gone on?
Well yes but I've discovered the original story after posting the initial comment...

I assume JT doesn't care any more as he'll be out shortly (17th Dec I believe).

Adrian W

Original Poster:

12,395 posts

201 months

Wednesday 17th November 2021
quotequote all
jsf said:
Adrian W said:
Now that the video is out it is going to interesting how the Sky team present it, they very rarely say anything against the FIA, something to do with biting the hand that feeds you.
The FIA don't give out the paddock passes. They can say what they want and should.
Whoever it is, none of the Sky team ever say anything controversial or argue, the best you'll get from Brundle is "that was a bit harsh"