So what car have you been obsessing about today?? (Vol 2)

So what car have you been obsessing about today?? (Vol 2)

Author
Discussion

epom

5,810 posts

94 months

Monday 1st January
quotequote all
Rich_W said:
911R

Specifically this "Steve McQueen" inspired one biggrin








McQueens 911 in the film Le Mans was the same Slate Grey. This 991R sold for 500 thousand Euros at auction earlier this year.

The gap between the C and Q on the sill motif would annoy my OCD though laugh
Just imagine how good that would look with a ducktail?

LaurasOtherHalf

13,662 posts

129 months

Monday 1st January
quotequote all
E24man said:
Rich_W said:
The gap between the C and Q on the sill motif would annoy my OCD though laugh
Agreed; all that effort and then its ballsed up at the very last; a bit like meeting your all time beautiful actress/model/singer/whomever and then finding a great big zit on the end of her nose.
Not only is the gap inexcusable I’d cringe every time I opened the door-that is seriously naff!

Luckily I’m too poor for it ever to be a concern I guess!

VPXavier

79 posts

13 months

Monday 1st January
quotequote all


One week continuously thinking about it.

RSK21

2,555 posts

74 months

Monday 1st January
quotequote all


This.

I must be mental having had one of the early ones which was less than reliable.

Can’t stop thinking about going back for another try though.

P5BNij

2,223 posts

39 months

Monday 1st January
quotequote all
I can't stop looking at Europas at the moment... probably one of the most 'marmite' cars to ever emerge from an English factory but I love them...


Advertisement

swisstoni

6,877 posts

212 months

Monday 1st January
quotequote all
Captain Smerc said:
MikeT66 said:
I think would be perfect... especially with the S&M Dungeon-styled interior. biggrin

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/m...



Just, er, need the funds...
That is proper awesome . Will be ringing them tomorrow after winning tonight's Euro .
Under our very nose, (stuffy old) Morgan are making Hot Rods.
Long may it continue, and I hope they are able to sell in to the US.

Rich_W

9,335 posts

145 months

Monday 1st January
quotequote all
epom said:
Just imagine how good that would look with a ducktail?
I like ducktails. But not for this car tbh. But each to their own. Though I've been looking at GT3RS with the upper soiler removed recently as well.







Do I like that!

I guess if you're planning on track work you can always stick it back on. In normal driving up to maybe 100, I daresay the loss of aero/downforce are not much. So you're not going to fly off the road laugh (could fit a bigger rear diffuser I guess biggrin )

LaurasOtherHalf said:
Not only is the gap inexcusable I’d cringe every time I opened the door-that is seriously naff!

Luckily I’m too poor for it ever to be a concern I guess!
I think Id be spending a hundred quid on some originals to be refitted biggrin The actual colour, graphics looks fine, so you can "de-Mc . Queen" it



Edited by Rich_W on Monday 1st January 17:21

thiscocks

1,750 posts

128 months

Monday 1st January
quotequote all
Rich_W said:
epom said:
Just imagine how good that would look with a ducktail?
I like ducktails. But not for this car tbh. But each to their own. Though I've been looking at GT3RS with the upper soiler removed recently as well.






Edited by Rich_W on Monday 1st January 17:21
I really like that

Shiv_P

1,347 posts

38 months

Monday 1st January
quotequote all
E28 525i
Want to get one as my "first" (2nd to be insured on) car but not sure about the reliability of using it 32 miles daily and the affordability of repairs etc as a uni student

NickM450

2,521 posts

133 months

Monday 1st January
quotequote all
Ever so slightly obsessed with this Skoda






epom

5,810 posts

94 months

Thursday 4th January
quotequote all


Looks like AndyB is selling up.

threespires

2,965 posts

144 months

Thursday 4th January
quotequote all
RATATTAK said:
Good call, I worked at a Buick dealer when these were new, so drove many of them and the model before. My best mates dad had a maroon one.



Name of user

166 posts

40 months

Thursday 4th January
quotequote all
epom said:


Looks like AndyB is selling up.
Apparently to be replaced by an aston Martin Valkyrie, no huge loss, as he still has the f1 lick

aka_kerrly

10,299 posts

143 months

Thursday 4th January
quotequote all
swisstoni said:
Captain Smerc said:
MikeT66 said:
I think would be perfect... especially with the S&M Dungeon-styled interior. biggrin

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/m...



Just, er, need the funds...
That is proper awesome . Will be ringing them tomorrow after winning tonight's Euro .
Under our very nose, (stuffy old) Morgan are making Hot Rods.
Long may it continue, and I hope they are able to sell in to the US.
The position of the wheels in the wheel arch is dreadful.

matthias73

2,709 posts

83 months

Thursday 4th January
quotequote all
Shiv_P said:
E28 525i
Want to get one as my "first" (2nd to be insured on) car but not sure about the reliability of using it 32 miles daily and the affordability of repairs etc as a uni student
your current spending focus should be beer and women nono

swisstoni

6,877 posts

212 months

Thursday 4th January
quotequote all
This one looks alright. Must have been a case of the suspension set too high at the rear on the previous example.


simonrockman

5,620 posts

188 months

Friday 5th January
quotequote all
swisstoni said:
Under our very nose, (stuffy old) Morgan are making Hot Rods.
Long may it continue, and I hope they are able to sell in to the US.
It's worth doing the factory tour.

Liquid Knight

15,069 posts

116 months

CountZero23

1,133 posts

111 months

Saturday 6th January
quotequote all
Totally standard, RX-7 in black.

I've been obsessing for over a month now and may have worked up the courage to stump up the cash.

Halfway between stupidly excited and terrified of financial ruin.


Shiv_P

1,347 posts

38 months

Saturday 6th January
quotequote all
matthias73 said:
your current spending focus should be beer and women nono
Don't worry I have already budgeted for that biggrin