Pictures of decently Modified cars [Vol. 2]

Pictures of decently Modified cars [Vol. 2]

Author
Discussion

98elise

19,103 posts

126 months

Friday 26th March
quotequote all
1602Mark said:
AmyRichardson said:
98elise said:
Harry Flashman said:
Are we going to have this debate all over again?

Also, that E-type is glorious.
His Europa is very nice as well...

I primarily like that because it's not obvious or gauche and the tweaked headlights really work for it. The colour combination & black wheels aren't stand-out for a Europa, plus the dark wheels play-down their size.

The Jag is two steps on; analogous to Joanna Lumley (at 75) in stripper heels and a sequin boob-tube.
Personally I think the Lotus would look so much better smaller rims with more tyre sidewall.
I would agree, but that's easily fixed.

PH User

17,786 posts

73 months

Friday 26th March
quotequote all
BarbaricAvatar said:
I blame the topic creators for the titles that can be interpreted in different fashions. "Pics of cool modifications" and "st-looking modifieds" would remove interpretation from the equation. I treat each topic as if they were named as such, but maybe the original authors intent was to recognise quality irrespective of taste; who knows?
I don't think it really matters if some want to view it one way or another to be honest.

1602Mark

14,660 posts

138 months

Friday 26th March
quotequote all
98elise said:
1602Mark said:
AmyRichardson said:
98elise said:
Harry Flashman said:
Are we going to have this debate all over again?

Also, that E-type is glorious.
His Europa is very nice as well...

I primarily like that because it's not obvious or gauche and the tweaked headlights really work for it. The colour combination & black wheels aren't stand-out for a Europa, plus the dark wheels play-down their size.

The Jag is two steps on; analogous to Joanna Lumley (at 75) in stripper heels and a sequin boob-tube.
Personally I think the Lotus would look so much better smaller rims with more tyre sidewall.
I would agree, but that's easily fixed.
Absolutely and apart from the rims it's a lovely thing.

Harry Flashman

15,222 posts

207 months

Friday 26th March
quotequote all
swiveleyedgit said:
AmyRichardson said:
The Jag is two steps on; analogous to Joanna Lumley (at 75) in stripper heels and a sequin boob-tube.
cloud9
Yep. I'd hit that like the fist of an angry god.



TheJimi

19,745 posts

208 months

Friday 26th March
quotequote all
Harry Flashman said:
swiveleyedgit said:
AmyRichardson said:
The Jag is two steps on; analogous to Joanna Lumley (at 75) in stripper heels and a sequin boob-tube.
cloud9
Yep. I'd hit that like the fist of an angry god.
hehe

vincegail

2,225 posts

120 months

Friday 26th March
quotequote all
If Leonardo da Vinci were to paint a picture of a pile of puke, it would be decently painted. Ugly, but decently painted.
The Foose Jaguar E-Type is a pile of puke. But decently painted.
(not that I want to compare Foose with Da Vinci, of course)

swiveleyedgit

2,245 posts

234 months

Friday 26th March
quotequote all
TheJimi said:
Harry Flashman said:
swiveleyedgit said:
AmyRichardson said:
The Jag is two steps on; analogous to Joanna Lumley (at 75) in stripper heels and a sequin boob-tube.
cloud9
Yep. I'd hit that like the fist of an angry god.
hehe
rofl

Jules Sunley

690 posts

58 months

Friday 26th March
quotequote all
swiveleyedgit said:
TheJimi said:
Harry Flashman said:
swiveleyedgit said:
AmyRichardson said:
The Jag is two steps on; analogous to Joanna Lumley (at 75) in stripper heels and a sequin boob-tube.
cloud9
Yep. I'd hit that like the fist of an angry god.
An 'Absolutely Fabulous' way to spend some time I'd imagine biggrin

hehe
rofl

Slippydiff

12,121 posts

188 months

Friday 26th March
quotequote all
Dapster said:
1602Mark said:
That's very cool.

Years ago I nearly bought a BMW 3.0Li and that would have been epic with a similar type of conversion. Maybe a V10 from the M5?
How about this E9? You probably don't need a powerplant too mental with something this light.

3.2 six 240hp S52 from an M3

E9 you say ? Here's my choice :







https://performancedrive.com.au/1970s-bmw-e9-cs-ge...

A stunning home built 2002 here :





More here : https://engineswapdepot.com/?p=20401

https://youtu.be/6J74Qkuk1l4

Pretty much anything the lads at Retropower build is beautifully modded :





https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qauefLN_7pU&t=...

http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/11/classic-alfa-t...

Whilst I'm not really into Yank stuff, the quality and attention to detail of the stuff these guys produce is stunning :









https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l5tL1xLc40

Escort3500

8,068 posts

110 months

Friday 26th March
quotequote all
Wow, four awesome finds there Mr Slippydiff cloud9

TheJimi

19,745 posts

208 months

Friday 26th March
quotequote all
Escort3500 said:
Wow, four awesome finds there Mr Slippydiff cloud9
What he said yes

irocfan

26,769 posts

155 months

Friday 26th March
quotequote all
Slippydiff said:
Whilst I'm not really into Yank stuff, the quality and attention to detail of the stuff these guys produce is stunning :









https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l5tL1xLc40
the quality is stunning and yet.... the wheels (again!) just don't work for me

Slippydiff

12,121 posts

188 months

Friday 26th March
quotequote all
Chavved up Celica anyone ?



Well lets not be too hasty and jump to any conclusions ...



https://rollingsteel.it/auto/celica-ferrari-toyota...

https://youtu.be/mRBQ-8TzEW0


Don1

14,406 posts

173 months

Friday 26th March
quotequote all
Of all the body shells they could have chosen...

hucumber

1,438 posts

62 months

Saturday 27th March
quotequote all
That would be a lot more fun without the bodywork smile

RC1807

10,089 posts

133 months

Saturday 27th March
quotequote all
hucumber said:
That would be a lot more fun without the bodywork smile
It works for Aerial. smile

HM-2

6,043 posts

134 months

Saturday 27th March
quotequote all
That's fantastic.

PH User

17,786 posts

73 months

Saturday 27th March
quotequote all
hucumber said:
That would be a lot more fun without the bodywork smile
It certainly looks better without the bodywork on it!

havoc

25,785 posts

200 months

Saturday 27th March
quotequote all
irocfan said:
the quality is stunning and yet.... the wheels (again!) just don't work for me
yes

As for the "Celica" - I know it's wrong, but I love it. Someone has created an utter track monster then clothed it in something so off to the side of the Jap scene that it would only have got a bit-part in TFATF. You can imagine the looks at a trackday when that rolls off the trailer...then the completely different looks when it screams past people with THAT V8 wail... hehe

MikeT66

2,388 posts

89 months

Saturday 27th March
quotequote all
irocfan said:
Slippydiff said:
Whilst I'm not really into Yank stuff, the quality and attention to detail of the stuff these guys produce is stunning :









https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l5tL1xLc40
the quality is stunning and yet.... the wheels (again!) just don't work for me
This. Smaller wheels with more sidewall. Sidewalls are like sideboobs - the more the merrier.