Seriously Overpriced Cars

Seriously Overpriced Cars

Author
Discussion

epom

6,483 posts

108 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
The same argument popped up in another thread recently. Can't remember which. Please take it back there. This thread was always on the enjoyable unpolluted variety.

mstrbkr

7,104 posts

145 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
Let's hope that is the end of it now.

So, the £50k E34 M5 on the front page... overpriced?

aaron_2000

3,268 posts

30 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
epom said:
The same argument popped up in another thread recently. Can't remember which. Please take it back there. This thread was always on the enjoyable unpolluted variety.
I don't understand how some crash damage can lead to a page of absolutely nothing. Moving away from all of that, this made me laugh

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-BMW-325i-2-5-auto-...

Lt. Columbo

2,074 posts

45 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
mstrbkr said:
Let's hope that is the end of it now.

So, the £50k E34 M5 on the front page... overpriced?
Yes. Obviously there are more people want one than available, that's why they're expensive. But pricing like that soars above what people are prepared to pay and is just greed.

RazerSauber

469 posts

7 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
aaron_2000 said:
I don't understand how some crash damage can lead to a page of absolutely nothing. Moving away from all of that, this made me laugh

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-BMW-325i-2-5-auto-...
That's great, the price reduces £400 by the time you've finished reading the advert. At that rate, it'll be a good price in about a week!

thebigmacmoomin

2,279 posts

116 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
aaron_2000 said:
I don't understand how some crash damage can lead to a page of absolutely nothing. Moving away from all of that, this made me laugh

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-BMW-325i-2-5-auto-...
The car having a tape player is enough to make me laugh, were they a thing even in 2002 and even on a decent spec BMW.

aaron_2000

3,268 posts

30 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
thebigmacmoomin said:
aaron_2000 said:
I don't understand how some crash damage can lead to a page of absolutely nothing. Moving away from all of that, this made me laugh

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-BMW-325i-2-5-auto-...
The car having a tape player is enough to make me laugh, were they a thing even in 2002 and even on a decent spec BMW.
They were on most E46's, any decent spec had a CD player or Sat Nav though.

Chestrockwell

2,022 posts

104 months

Friday 8th November
quotequote all
aaron_2000 said:
I don't understand how some crash damage can lead to a page of absolutely nothing. Moving away from all of that, this made me laugh

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-BMW-325i-2-5-auto-...
I may have seen the dealers angle on the price if it was a manual, not saying it’s worth it but they may have thought it’s worth a try.

I think that’s the least desirable spec on the E46. I don’t like the early facelifts that came with the MV1’s, really don’t suit it. The Avus blue (correct me if I’m wrong) doesn’t suit the car either, especially with the full cream leather!

The only E46 worth that kind of money would have to be an E46 330CI (facelift or non facelift, doesn’t matter) manual in black or imola red with either all black leather or the cream leather with black carpets. Timeless, proper BMW. Love them!


zedx19

2,027 posts

87 months

Friday 8th November
quotequote all
Whilst searching for the new CTR, I stumbled across this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-EF9-Sir-JDM...

I know nothing about this era Civic, but £22,500 seems seriously overpriced to me!

JakeT

2,668 posts

67 months

Friday 8th November
quotequote all
Chestrockwell said:
I may have seen the dealers angle on the price if it was a manual, not saying it’s worth it but they may have thought it’s worth a try.

I think that’s the least desirable spec on the E46. I don’t like the early facelifts that came with the MV1’s, really don’t suit it. The Avus blue (correct me if I’m wrong) doesn’t suit the car either, especially with the full cream leather!

The only E46 worth that kind of money would have to be an E46 330CI (facelift or non facelift, doesn’t matter) manual in black or imola red with either all black leather or the cream leather with black carpets. Timeless, proper BMW. Love them!
While I don't wholly agree, you're right. The colour and wheel choice are subjective. I like the Topaz exterior and Beige interior, but I can see why many would not. The main fact that it's not a 330i with a manual box and big spec make it not worth that. The 325i is a really nice drive, but I think lots of sellers have seen that E30s are big money, and the right E36 is getting that way, when E46s aren't a rare sight on the roads yet.

HM-2

4,648 posts

116 months

Friday 8th November
quotequote all
zedx19 said:
Whilst searching for the new CTR, I stumbled across this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-EF9-Sir-JDM...

I know nothing about this era Civic, but £22,500 seems seriously overpriced to me!
"250bhp" N/A B18 but no pictures of the engine?
Nearly £23k for a partially registered, half-finished project?

Sign me up rolleyes

mstrbkr

7,104 posts

145 months

Friday 8th November
quotequote all
HM-2 said:
zedx19 said:
Whilst searching for the new CTR, I stumbled across this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-EF9-Sir-JDM...

I know nothing about this era Civic, but £22,500 seems seriously overpriced to me!
"250bhp" N/A B18 but no pictures of the engine?
Nearly £23k for a partially registered, half-finished project?

Sign me up rolleyes
The item description is hilarious. Starts with a moan about how many people have messaged him about the price, and says ignore the price, make me an offer instead. What a prat!

A1VDY

917 posts

74 months

Friday 8th November
quotequote all
zedx19 said:
Whilst searching for the new CTR, I stumbled across this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-EF9-Sir-JDM...

I know nothing about this era Civic, but £22,500 seems seriously overpriced to me!
It's full of lies and bullst.
Its a bodged up pos worth Jack..

Fun Bus

17,505 posts

165 months

Friday 8th November
quotequote all
A1VDY said:
It's full of lies
What are the lies?

Zonergem

1,221 posts

39 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
Citroen CX Turbo - 1986-1991 in the UK then the rest in Australia. 217k miles. £16k!!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1174485

Fast Bug

7,505 posts

108 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
Zonergem said:
Citroen CX Turbo - 1986-1991 in the UK then the rest in Australia. 217k miles. £16k!!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1174485
That's lovely!

Pommy

10,133 posts

163 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
Fast Bug said:
Zonergem said:
Citroen CX Turbo - 1986-1991 in the UK then the rest in Australia. 217k miles. £16k!!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1174485
That's lovely!
This ones magnificent

Check out this 1985 Citroen CX2500 GTi Manual.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1985-Citr...

Chris Stott

6,834 posts

144 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
Fast Bug said:
That's lovely!
Yes, lovely!

My father had a couple of CX’s in the 80’s. A Pallas and a Turbo. Both were fabulous cars.

On the surface that looks to be in great condition, and the price isn’t crazy given how few are still around.

ambuletz

8,091 posts

128 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
Pommy said:
This ones magnificent

Check out this 1985 Citroen CX2500 GTi Manual.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1985-Citr...
those seats look amazing. why can't manufacturers make interesting comfy looking seats like that these days?

RammyMP

2,999 posts

100 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
ambuletz said:
Pommy said:
This ones magnificent

Check out this 1985 Citroen CX2500 GTi Manual.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1985-Citr...
those seats look amazing. why can't manufacturers make interesting comfy looking seats like that these days?
Spare wheel in the engine bay! That interior! I love it!