One single thing that makes you think "knob" Vol 4

One single thing that makes you think "knob" Vol 4

Author
Discussion

monzaxjr

509 posts

101 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
Cliftonite said:
Knob: Kent Chief Constable.

In a week when the trial re-starts of (aka " traveller" !) scum who, in an unbelievably cruel manner, killed PC Andrew Harper, Kent police proudly announce this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kent_police/status/1275...

I do hope they read and take note of the onslaught of tweets against this "light blue touch paper" action!
fking hell. They should hang their heads in shame.

Glenn63

878 posts

39 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
Cliftonite said:
Knob: Kent Chief Constable.

In a week when the trial re-starts of (aka " traveller" !) scum who, in an unbelievably cruel manner, killed PC Andrew Harper, Kent police proudly announce this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kent_police/status/1275...

I do hope they read and take note of the onslaught of tweets against this "light blue touch paper" action!
Just looked up that story, absolutely horrific, those men should be locked away for life.

LetsTryAgain

1,133 posts

28 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
Cliftonite said:
Knob: Kent Chief Constable.

In a week when the trial re-starts of (aka " traveller" !) scum who, in an unbelievably cruel manner, killed PC Andrew Harper, Kent police proudly announce this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kent_police/status/1275...

I do hope they read and take note of the onslaught of tweets against this "light blue touch paper" action.
The police, and CPS, are a joke anyway.
Completely refuse to do their job.

nonsequitur

13,143 posts

71 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
fred bloggs said:
Online spelling police. I have better things to do than spellcheck forum posts
Precisly.

Frank7

5,434 posts

42 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
Cliftonite said:
Knob: Kent Chief Constable.

In a week when the trial re-starts of (aka " traveller" !) scum who, in an unbelievably cruel manner, killed PC Andrew Harper, Kent police proudly announce this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kent_police/status/1275...

I do hope they read and take note of the onslaught of tweets against this "light blue touch paper" action!
My wife, whose father lives in Kent, dismissed this as a total hoax, shopped, with people in rented cop uniforms, I on the other hand, knowing that plod can be as dumb as all get out, think that it’s something that they are stupid enough to do.
Problem is, how can I get her to see that I might be right?

LetsTryAgain

1,133 posts

28 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
Frank7 said:
Problem is, how can I get her to see that I might be right?
Well it’s rather obvious it’s genuine.
There’s a brown man, a white woman and a white man.
They’re in legitimate uniforms, outside a very nice building, on their verified twitter account,

Ares

9,598 posts

75 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
fred bloggs said:
Online spelling police. I have better things to do than spellcheck forum posts
Like ignoring questions? Or moaning about someone that tries hard? Whilst admitting you wear crocs?

Lily the Pink

2,592 posts

125 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
People who comment on a forum that they have better things to do than check their spelling - but they don't have anything better to do than post on said forum.

The Spruce Goose

23,155 posts

150 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
Lily the Pink said:
People who comment on a forum that they have better things to do than check their spelling - but they don't have anything better to do than post on said forum.
I struggle with my spelling,I had a very good private education, not dyslexic but get mind blocks/confused sometimes.

You then post on here, and I imagine people who think spotting mistakes makes them more intelligent (it does not), try and score bonus points, pointing them out. Even just commenting on a thread to highlight them.

Now who is the knob there?

Mandalore

1,735 posts

68 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
nonsequitur said:
fred bloggs said:
Online spelling police. I have better things to do than spellcheck forum posts
Precisly.
You would have to be a total tt with a recognised history of misplaced self importance and a reputation standing lower than the basement of a house called 'Rock Bottom', to disagree.



Ares

9,598 posts

75 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
The Spruce Goose said:
Lily the Pink said:
People who comment on a forum that they have better things to do than check their spelling - but they don't have anything better to do than post on said forum.
I struggle with my spelling,I had a very good private education, not dyslexic but get mind blocks/confused sometimes.

You then post on here, and I imagine people who think spotting mistakes makes them more intelligent (it does not), try and score bonus points, pointing them out. Even just commenting on a thread to highlight them.

Now who is the knob there?
The person that ignored the entire post except that last line that satirically mentioned the grammatical errors?

fatboy18

17,804 posts

166 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
Cliftonite said:
Knob: Kent Chief Constable.

In a week when the trial re-starts of (aka " traveller" !) scum who, in an unbelievably cruel manner, killed PC Andrew Harper, Kent police proudly announce this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kent_police/status/1275...

I do hope they read and take note of the onslaught of tweets against this "light blue touch paper" action!
Is it April the1st? that is unbelievable, this confirms it, this country is finished frown

silverfoxcc

6,056 posts

100 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
Cliftonite said:
Knob: Kent Chief Constable.

In a week when the trial re-starts of (aka " traveller" !) scum who, in an unbelievably cruel manner, killed PC Andrew Harper, Kent police proudly announce this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kent_police/status/1275...

I do hope they read and take note of the onslaught of tweets against this "light blue touch paper" action!
I think their spell check changed the first word to Kent......

Pan Pan Pan

6,320 posts

66 months

Sunday 28th June
quotequote all
It has obviously been done several times on here, but I put this up again because it happened to me recently. where I encountered a true master at the art of tailgating.
Not the sort that comes up as absolutely fast as they possibly can, to within inches of the car in front (when the car in front is already doing the posted limit or even above it)
I am not even talking about the sort that does this, when the person in front, is driving something like a Ferrari / Lamborghini or McLaren etc. whilst the tailgater is driving a utter sh*tbox of a shopping trolley, (that the car in front could tow faster, than the sh*tbox could ever go under its own power)
Whenever I see this, it always reminds me of the ridiculous image of a Chihuahua trying to sh*g a Great Dane that I once saw, in a pubs beer garden.
I am talking about the tailgater who comes up behind at a massive closing rate, to within inches of the car in front, which is doing the limit, or a bit over the limit, and then proceeds to sit there, inches from the rear bumper for several miles, when, (and this is really the odd bit) there is a perfectly clear offside lane, that they can signal, move into, and then be off on their way into the distance FFS.
I doubt I could even begin to understand what is going on between their ears. Why FFS would anyone even want to do this?

HTP99

16,564 posts

95 months

Sunday 28th June
quotequote all
Audi driver a few days ago in the wrong lane on a large roundabout I was in the outside lane, he was inside but wanted to take the exit, all I remember is glancing over to my right after catching something in my eye and seeing the front of a bonnet looming on my O/S, I took evasive action, craning my neck further round to see a large grey Audi with it's left indicator on, the bd had the nerve to lean on his horn at me, with his wife waving her arms at me.

I guess it is my fault for no jumping out of his way, still can't work out why though!!

nonsequitur

13,143 posts

71 months

Sunday 28th June
quotequote all
Pan Pan Pan said:
It has obviously been done several times on here, but I put this up again because it happened to me recently. where I encountered a true master at the art of tailgating.
Not the sort that comes up as absolutely fast as they possibly can, to within inches of the car in front (when the car in front is already doing the posted limit or even above it)
I am not even talking about the sort that does this, when the person in front, is driving something like a Ferrari / Lamborghini or McLaren etc. whilst the tailgater is driving a utter sh*tbox of a shopping trolley, (that the car in front could tow faster, than the sh*tbox could ever go under its own power)
Whenever I see this, it always reminds me of the ridiculous image of a Chihuahua trying to sh*g a Great Dane that I once saw, in a pubs beer garden.
I am talking about the tailgater who comes up behind at a massive closing rate, to within inches of the car in front, which is doing the limit, or a bit over the limit, and then proceeds to sit there, inches from the rear bumper for several miles, when, (and this is really the odd bit) there is a perfectly clear offside lane, that they can signal, move into, and then be off on their way into the distance FFS.
I doubt I could even begin to understand what is going on between their ears. Why FFS would anyone even want to do this?
Nothing going on between the ears. They just get up in the morning, do stuff all day,(without any thought), and go to bed at night. And err...that's it.

Hol

5,450 posts

155 months

Monday 29th June
quotequote all
nonsequitur said:
Pan Pan Pan said:
It has obviously been done several times on here, but I put this up again because it happened to me recently. where I encountered a true master at the art of tailgating.
Not the sort that comes up as absolutely fast as they possibly can, to within inches of the car in front (when the car in front is already doing the posted limit or even above it)
I am not even talking about the sort that does this, when the person in front, is driving something like a Ferrari / Lamborghini or McLaren etc. whilst the tailgater is driving a utter sh*tbox of a shopping trolley, (that the car in front could tow faster, than the sh*tbox could ever go under its own power)
Whenever I see this, it always reminds me of the ridiculous image of a Chihuahua trying to sh*g a Great Dane that I once saw, in a pubs beer garden.
I am talking about the tailgater who comes up behind at a massive closing rate, to within inches of the car in front, which is doing the limit, or a bit over the limit, and then proceeds to sit there, inches from the rear bumper for several miles, when, (and this is really the odd bit) there is a perfectly clear offside lane, that they can signal, move into, and then be off on their way into the distance FFS.
I doubt I could even begin to understand what is going on between their ears. Why FFS would anyone even want to do this?
Nothing going on between the ears. They just get up in the morning, do stuff all day,(without any thought), and go to bed at night. And err...that's it.
You see a lot of people who simply wish to live an entire motorway journey in the middle lane and will match the speed of cars in front and then speed up, when then that car in front pulls into the inside.

Its really annoying when you are maintaining a steady speed and partially through an overtake, when they speed up oblivious to everything around them.
But, at some point they will meet another slower car in the middle lanes and you cruise past and can be rid of them.


Pan Pan Pan

6,320 posts

66 months

Monday 29th June
quotequote all
Hol said:
nonsequitur said:
Pan Pan Pan said:
It has obviously been done several times on here, but I put this up again because it happened to me recently. where I encountered a true master at the art of tailgating.
Not the sort that comes up as absolutely fast as they possibly can, to within inches of the car in front (when the car in front is already doing the posted limit or even above it)
I am not even talking about the sort that does this, when the person in front, is driving something like a Ferrari / Lamborghini or McLaren etc. whilst the tailgater is driving a utter sh*tbox of a shopping trolley, (that the car in front could tow faster, than the sh*tbox could ever go under its own power)
Whenever I see this, it always reminds me of the ridiculous image of a Chihuahua trying to sh*g a Great Dane that I once saw, in a pubs beer garden.
I am talking about the tailgater who comes up behind at a massive closing rate, to within inches of the car in front, which is doing the limit, or a bit over the limit, and then proceeds to sit there, inches from the rear bumper for several miles, when, (and this is really the odd bit) there is a perfectly clear offside lane, that they can signal, move into, and then be off on their way into the distance FFS.
I doubt I could even begin to understand what is going on between their ears. Why FFS would anyone even want to do this?
Nothing going on between the ears. They just get up in the morning, do stuff all day,(without any thought), and go to bed at night. And err...that's it.
You see a lot of people who simply wish to live an entire motorway journey in the middle lane and will match the speed of cars in front and then speed up, when then that car in front pulls into the inside.

Its really annoying when you are maintaining a steady speed and partially through an overtake, when they speed up oblivious to everything around them.
But, at some point they will meet another slower car in the middle lanes and you cruise past and can be rid of them.
I had a friend who used to do this. He would sit in the centre lane of a 3 lane carriage way, at between 55 and 60 miles per hour. When I suggested he either increase speed to the NSL, or move out of the centre lane into the nearside lane, he was outraged, and came back with the reply that the nearside lane was only for HGV`s so he was not going to move into it, made worse by him describing 70mph as being, (and I quote) breakneck speed FFS!
On a longish trip recently I tried to stay moving at, at least the NSL in the centre lane but quite a few drivers there, were doing the same as my friend around 55-60 mph, I was in, and out of the centre lane from the offside like a fiddlers elbow.
Is it that some drivers just don't have the ability to maintain a steady NSL on a motorway, or they that they actually believe it is OK to do 55 to 60 there, even when the cars around them are (trying) to travel at the NSL?

Liquid Knight

15,605 posts

138 months

Monday 29th June
quotequote all
Chance encounter the other day. An idiot in a Corsa driving on the wrong side of the road. I had to stop to avoid him/her/it and he/she/whatever looked me gormlessly, noticed the camera, mouthed words I couldn't quite lip read as he/she/it was already past. I carried on as normal to work. About five minutes later there was a knock at the office door. It was the twunt from the Corsa demanding the video from my camera be deleted "of else". I pointed to the CCTV camera over my shoulder and asked "or else what?"

He/she/it made some Barbary Ape noises and left.

I hadn't given it a second thought and hadn't saved the clip but I have had to now in case anything happens to my car or I as proof of premeditaion. I've also had to let my employers know in case anything happens on site. rolleyes

On all UK roads. Unless you are overtaking or passing an obstruction, KEEP LEFT.

The Spruce Goose

23,155 posts

150 months

Monday 29th June
quotequote all
Liquid Knight said:
, noticed the camera,
scratchchin

You didn't point at it and mouth 'CAMMARRA'?