Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 13]

Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 13]

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

Stedman

6,413 posts

138 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
As soon as you stop cruising the V6 will smash away at the decent MPG figure like ISIS in Palmyra, sadly. You say Gatwick area, do you mean the Industrial Estate in Crawley? Traffic crawls in and out of there which is why i've mentioned the V6 traffic issue. Th Tdvi is a really nice motor, when working...

nickod

293 posts

106 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
r129sl said:
st ad but look at the colour, the spec, the motor, the price... W124. 3.2l. Automatic climate. Heated seats. 'Lecky seats. Ortho and memory for the driver. Smoke silver. MB Tex. I don't really want to post it here but unless someone wants to bid for my E430, it's not on the cards.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-BENZ-E320-W124...

Some better pictures have gone up and finally some info ( a day before it ends!?) The exhaust looks corroded.


ian316

940 posts

51 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
nickod said:
r129sl said:
st ad but look at the colour, the spec, the motor, the price... W124. 3.2l. Automatic climate. Heated seats. 'Lecky seats. Ortho and memory for the driver. Smoke silver. MB Tex. I don't really want to post it here but unless someone wants to bid for my E430, it's not on the cards.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-BENZ-E320-W124...

Some better pictures have gone up and finally some info ( a day before it ends!?) The exhaust looks corroded.
That reminds me I must do the rear springs on mine tomorrow weather permitting, the water pump will have to wait till the bank holiday but at 7 miles a week it's not urgent at 1/2 a litre a fortnight

Croutons

3,759 posts

112 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
0a said:
As we live our lives in volumes, I thought I would see whether we our posting rate is going up or down (assuming the thread turns over today). Here's the days taken for each thread volume to complete:

Top statage 0A and Prinny.

At some point I was going to have a go at links to where all the great "buyer's guides" are hidden over the years. I haven't. Which is lame. And a shame, as when people ask "educate me about..." A link could be given, rather than people having to regurgitate.


0a

21,483 posts

140 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
ian316 said:
nickod said:
r129sl said:
st ad but look at the colour, the spec, the motor, the price... W124. 3.2l. Automatic climate. Heated seats. 'Lecky seats. Ortho and memory for the driver. Smoke silver. MB Tex. I don't really want to post it here but unless someone wants to bid for my E430, it's not on the cards.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-BENZ-E320-W124...

Some better pictures have gone up and finally some info ( a day before it ends!?) The exhaust looks corroded.
That reminds me I must do the rear springs on mine tomorrow weather permitting, the water pump will have to wait till the bank holiday but at 7 miles a week it's not urgent at 1/2 a litre a fortnight
Right then everyone, it's at £3,400 with 1 day and 1 hour to go. What's your bet on where it will end?

Mine - £5,219.67

ian316

940 posts

51 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
0a said:
ian316 said:
nickod said:
r129sl said:
st ad but look at the colour, the spec, the motor, the price... W124. 3.2l. Automatic climate. Heated seats. 'Lecky seats. Ortho and memory for the driver. Smoke silver. MB Tex. I don't really want to post it here but unless someone wants to bid for my E430, it's not on the cards.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-BENZ-E320-W124...

Some better pictures have gone up and finally some info ( a day before it ends!?) The exhaust looks corroded.
That reminds me I must do the rear springs on mine tomorrow weather permitting, the water pump will have to wait till the bank holiday but at 7 miles a week it's not urgent at 1/2 a litre a fortnight
Right then everyone, it's at £3,400 with 1 day and 1 hour to go. What's your bet on where it will end?

Mine - £5,219.67
£4289.12

derin100

5,169 posts

189 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
ian316 said:
0a said:
ian316 said:
nickod said:
r129sl said:
st ad but look at the colour, the spec, the motor, the price... W124. 3.2l. Automatic climate. Heated seats. 'Lecky seats. Ortho and memory for the driver. Smoke silver. MB Tex. I don't really want to post it here but unless someone wants to bid for my E430, it's not on the cards.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-BENZ-E320-W124...

Some better pictures have gone up and finally some info ( a day before it ends!?) The exhaust looks corroded.
That reminds me I must do the rear springs on mine tomorrow weather permitting, the water pump will have to wait till the bank holiday but at 7 miles a week it's not urgent at 1/2 a litre a fortnight
Right then everyone, it's at £3,400 with 1 day and 1 hour to go. What's your bet on where it will end?

Mine - £5,219.67
£4289.12
I'm with Oa on that and resign now to the fact that my (mental) bid would have been too low but i wouldn't have gone higher or got carried away with so little info so late in the day.

tobinen

5,428 posts

91 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
Prinny said:
Prinny said:
Took me a while, but to back up my earlier promise of totting up the thread purchases like I did in vol. 12, here we go... It’s my list so foibles. wink

1xRover 75 (lwb, no less)
1xSaab 9-5
1xMondeo
1xV70
1xXC70
1xOutback
1xCLK
1xLexus IS (which became a 2nd due to excellent customer service)
1xLexus GS
1xLexus LS (Technically 2, but BMNick’s hasn’t arrived yet?)
1xE350 (211)
1x750il
1x745i (thread car #1)
1xS500
1xC124
2x190e
2x300e (Technically 3 with the Braan thread car #2 going twice)
3xXJ8
5xE39 (two tourings)

July = 7, August = 5, September = 4, October = 4, November = 10. (30 in 5 months).

A few purchases excluded due to cost (the LS600, the RR Sport & the A5tdi).

Note, as Tobinen suggested, if people want to keep a running total when posting the traditional forecourt shot, I’m all for it!

There exist (in potentia) both a Northern (Jedburgh) and Southern (Warcs?) barge meet in the Christmas-New Year interlude, but neither has been formally organised just yet.
That was back in December - so as we shut the door on XIII, here’s the rest:

December
325 e46
XJ
V70 denied, as £420
528 e39

January
CLK
Alfa 159
G-wagen (0a’s ‘mercedes clause’)
300SL
W124
S600
728
P38 RR

February
SL
SL2
E39
XJ
XJ
Legacy

March
Mx-5 (because PH, and without it, there’s nothing)

Trawling from page 54 to 125 has taken most of the afternoon, but some memories along the way...




Re-reading also found some comments about Northern Barge meet locations.

I will amend the poll to feature: “Chatsworth meet, there’s the Devonshire arms at Beeley”.
I was keeping a running total for 2019 but I'd decided to leave until half term in June to post another. The January sales flurry died down a lot but this is what I have (not including fetish living room furniture). Sorry I excluded non-barge stuff smile

Bargista Date Barge
rufus357 04/01 C208
olly755 10/01 R129
JOB 12/01 G Wagen
Northbrook 15/01 S124
JOB 20/01 W201
WorldBoss 27/01 W221 V12
Adz94 27/01 E38
The Don of Croy 28/01 P38 RR
jke11y 31/01 A124
prinny 02/02 R129 (ex-Zonergem)
S. Gonzales Esq 02/02 E39
derin 08/02 R230
gobuddygo 09/02 X350
independentLee 24/02 X350
bern 25/02 Legacy estate



Barge down

Bargista Date Barge Main fault
BigBen 29/01 W211 gearbox
Croutons XX/01 E39 rust, suspension, misery


0a

21,483 posts

140 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
Derin how about this 280 with MTSV: https://www.mtsv.co.uk/info/w124e280ear.htm

Not quite the spec of the above, but it looks rather nice.




LeighW

1,835 posts

134 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
Stedman said:
As soon as you stop cruising the V6 will smash away at the decent MPG figure like ISIS in Palmyra, sadly. You say Gatwick area, do you mean the Industrial Estate in Crawley? Traffic crawls in and out of there which is why i've mentioned the V6 traffic issue. Th Tdvi is a really nice motor, when working...
Yep, 35mpg is the most I've ever seen from my V6, more like mid to low twenties round town. The first owner of mine lived in Watford and drove into London a lot, the trip was showing an average of 21mpg! The 2.7 TDVi can be really troublesome, so I would avoid personally.

nickod

293 posts

106 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
Nice colours

That 320 on ebay is an ex Mark Taylor car. The guy i sold it to sold it to him.

harrykul

2,395 posts

172 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
You can add one barge down from me due to rust/electrics (s210 e300td) and a minibarge in to replace it (e91 325d). Both in December. Looking forward to the next volume and what it brings!

Prinny

1,258 posts

45 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
It’s volume 13 - it refuses to die. (or it’s Saturday night and all the mods are out on the town).

How far can we get, I wonder?

derin100

5,169 posts

189 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
0a said:
Derin how about this 280 with MTSV: https://www.mtsv.co.uk/info/w124e280ear.htm

Not quite the spec of the above, but it looks rather nice.



A more thorough seller!

But believe it or not, although that car does look very nice, I'm not a fan of Almandine Red.



nickod

293 posts

106 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
derin100 said:
0a said:
Derin how about this 280 with MTSV: https://www.mtsv.co.uk/info/w124e280ear.htm

Not quite the spec of the above, but it looks rather nice.



A more thorough seller!

But believe it or not, although that car does look very nice, I'm not a fan of Almandine Red.
Ruby Red is nicer especially on that estate he has for sale.

ian316

940 posts

51 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
derin100 said:
0a said:
Derin how about this 280 with MTSV: https://www.mtsv.co.uk/info/w124e280ear.htm

Not quite the spec of the above, but it looks rather nice.



A more thorough seller!

But believe it or not, although that car does look very nice, I'm not a fan of Almandine Red.
Really? it's the best colour of all

0a

21,483 posts

140 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
I love that colour as well! When I looked at the car linked to I was already thinking about a good polishing session.

slk 32

1,062 posts

139 months

Saturday 23rd March
quotequote all
ian316 said:
WorldBoss said:
Salmonofdoubt said:
I wonder how much deposit the dealer took on this?

|https://thumbsnap.com/mVxDzn8I[/url]



https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1092455


Edited by Salmonofdoubt on Saturday 23 March 11:20
Maybe it's because I always end up with silver Mercs despite hating the colour, but I'm utterly in love with that!
Not at that price!!!
Pretty sure that's vivianite green.. linarite is the blue colour similar to jasper blue

That would be strong money for an E55 let alone diesel!

Big Al.

Original Poster:

62,075 posts

204 months

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED