Warranty Direct Claim refused - M5 engine seized

Warranty Direct Claim refused - M5 engine seized

Author
Discussion

Sa Calobra

27,488 posts

147 months

Wednesday 24th October
quotequote all
Hence why I said their agent i.e. who WD told him to go to told him to keep driving. He shouldn't have.

That dealer was acting on behalf of WD.

Nothing suddenly snaps.

Hence why I loathe aftermarket warranties.

Lord Flasheart

Original Poster:

79 posts

46 months

Wednesday 24th October
quotequote all
Interestingly the warranty companys guy states that the damage is most likely caused by "the fuel fault that was reported in france" and goes on to conclude that this fuel flow fault was essentially what caused the malfunction

except.......i didnt report a fuel fault, i reported a problem with the auxiliary water pump, as i told them. So the engineer has a few holes in his report

Rewe

185 posts

28 months

Wednesday 24th October
quotequote all
Lord Flasheart said:
Interestingly the warranty companys guy states that the damage is most likely caused by "the fuel fault that was reported in france" and goes on to conclude that this fuel flow fault was essentially what caused the malfunction

except.......i didnt report a fuel fault, i reported a problem with the auxiliary water pump, as i told them. So the engineer has a few holes in his report
Well that sounds like good news!

I presume he is concluding that the engine seized because the oil was diluted with petrol and it is your fault because you knew about it in France and ignored it? Except you didn't......

Fingers crossed for you.

Lord Flasheart

Original Poster:

79 posts

46 months

Thursday 25th October
quotequote all
correct. am basically asking why he's making it up? is he an idiot or just cant read

one shouldn't attribute malevolence where incompetence is more likely.

letter going in today, will keep you posted.

BlackR8

118 posts

13 months

Thursday 25th October
quotequote all
will follow this, hopefully you get this resolved in your favour.

There have been quite a few warranty threads where owners have recommended WD as they don't try screw you come claim time, but seems that your experience is quite the opposite.
Advertisement

siovey

1,022 posts

74 months

Thursday 25th October
quotequote all
Good luck, OP. Seriously, good luck!

Kev_Mk3

747 posts

31 months

Thursday 25th October
quotequote all
Good luck sounds like they have many floors and hopefully this works in your favour.

Sa Calobra

27,488 posts

147 months

Friday 26th October
quotequote all
Rewe said:
Lord Flasheart said:
Interestingly the warranty companys guy states that the damage is most likely caused by "the fuel fault that was reported in france" and goes on to conclude that this fuel flow fault was essentially what caused the malfunction

except.......i didnt report a fuel fault, i reported a problem with the auxiliary water pump, as i told them. So the engineer has a few holes in his report
Well that sounds like good news!

I presume he is concluding that the engine seized because the oil was diluted with petrol and it is your fault because you knew about it in France and ignored it? Except you didn't......

Fingers crossed for you.
Exactly why I said the OP was only following advice given on WDs direction. WD told him to go to a/the dealer network. He then took their advice.

Lord Flasheart

Original Poster:

79 posts

46 months

Friday 2nd November
quotequote all
complaint went in last friday, and still no response....seems they're breaking their own FCA mandated complaints procedure

Douglas Quaid

510 posts

21 months

Friday 2nd November
quotequote all
Kev_Mk3 said:
Good luck sounds like they have many floors and hopefully this works in your favour.
How do you know how many floors they have and what has that got to do with the claim?

Good luck OP.

Stick Legs

830 posts

101 months

Friday 2nd November
quotequote all
I'd seek representation on this.

If you can find flaws in the engineer's report a lawyer will have a field day, plus costs are recouped so get a barrister!

I'd personally rather pay £12k to fight the case then just roll over and pay £12k to get it fixed.

But then I'm a stubborn bugger. :-)

bigvanfan

339 posts

68 months

Friday 2nd November
quotequote all
I’m sure if it had a misfire the ecu would shut down the relevant cylinder? Well bmw engines in the 90’s used to do it

andymc

6,080 posts

143 months

Friday 2nd November
quotequote all
friend of mine had the engine give up on his v8 m3 and has the warranty with this lot, he'd pulled over the on the motorway as soon as things went tits up, they tried to imply he had driven it to destruction, they didn't pay out

cliveju

8 posts

26 months

Friday 2nd November
quotequote all
WD wouldn't pay up on a Saab 9-5 engine failure that I had several years ago. They gave me a verbal go ahead on the phone then changed their mind after I had instructed the garage to do the work, leaving me with a £3k bill. Absolute bds as far as I'm concerned. These days I read all the small print and self-insure for most things.

Fun Bus

17,246 posts

154 months

Saturday 3rd November
quotequote all
And I assume you don’t rely on verbal permissions?!

jeremyh1

735 posts

63 months

Saturday 3rd November
quotequote all
If I'm right the timing chain got slacker and slacker in this sequence of events Unfortunately in the workshop either the chain was so slack that it outtimed the oil pump or it completely slipped the cog causing it to starve of oil andseize

Op forget money claim online this is a big financial liability I would get advice from a local solicitor on Monday morning

Debaser

3,348 posts

197 months

Saturday 3rd November
quotequote all
I hate aftermarket warranties, they aren’t worth the paper they’re written on. In my experience they will do whatever they can to weasel out of paying for anything.


The Mad Monk

3,907 posts

53 months

Saturday 3rd November
quotequote all
Whatever the OP paid for his "warranty", I think he would have been better off putting that money into some sort of investment. He would then accumulate a fund upon which he could draw in the event of a breakdown.

rambo19

1,965 posts

73 months

Saturday 3rd November
quotequote all
Debaser said:
I hate aftermarket warranties, they aren’t worth the paper they’re written on. In my experience they will do whatever they can to weasel out of paying for anything.
Sadly, this, a million times over.

Bennyjames28

1,610 posts

28 months

Saturday 3rd November
quotequote all
These warranty companies are the biggest con going, I predict one day they will be the next PPI.