Cars that are nearly always driven badly

Cars that are nearly always driven badly

Author
Discussion

AlasdairMc

414 posts

64 months

Saturday
quotequote all
10+ yr old MPVs driven by either late in life learners, or angry dads who’ve had to trade in their battered Astras.

Cars masquerading as private hire taxis that are more than 3 years old. No concerns with van derivatives (e.g. Vito/Viano) as they require some investment, instead of being the cheapest vehicle in which to pursue a career as a private hire driver.

GravelBen

13,492 posts

167 months

Saturday
quotequote all
Vanordinaire said:
What they're driving doesn't matter, what they are wearing does. I avoid anyone who wears a hat when driving. Whether its a tweed flat cap or a reversed baseball cap or a woolly bobble hat, you really don't want to meet one on the road.
hehe

With a few exceptions (hats are justified in convertibles at least), there is definitely some truth in that.

Chestrockwell

1,248 posts

94 months

Saturday
quotequote all
PorkRind said:
Focus St's. Always up my arse, trying to prove something. Council estate scum type cars, esp with the pops and bangs. Gay.

Ford transits, White. Always thinking their next job is more important than your right of way.

Scaffolding trucks, see St for the types driving it and transits as reference to their attitude as to who's right of way it is.
Oh my god, nail on the head! You read my mind.

The worst I’ve seen is definitely white van drivers, I don’t know why they’re all such dheads, always the case, the funny thing is, take them out the van and they’re normal blokes you see in Sainsbury’s or in the pub, but I’m not sure why, once they’re inside that van, a chemical reaction happens and boom, they’re dheads.

I’ve also found that older Zafiras are usually driven badly, always banged up being driven by an angry 28-38 year old woman who nods her head in shame at anything really, could be a leaf blowing across the road.

I’ve found that private hire taxi drivers are all decent drivers but Uber drivers, well, that’s a different story.

Psycho Warren

261 posts

50 months

Saturday
quotequote all
round my way the white van drivers are dawdlers. Most of them are council maintenance ones so I presume there is some kind of aggressively policed tracking system with a "driving standard" program attached to it.

Soon as I see one on the road I just know its going to dawdle at 25 in a 30.

AlexS_LDN

83 posts

1 month

Saturday
quotequote all
miken2k8 said:
i'm kind of getting at agressive pointless overtakes of people with a superiority complex as oppose to old people in small cars pootling along. or people that don't feel the need to indicate ever and cause traffic at roundabouts through their own selfishness. you know thw type overtake at 90 they do 110 etc
Elderly folk have been known to put their foot down, especially when reversing eek

This old dear took out a coffee shop in Brighton... a Hyundai, or Chevy derivative no doubt.

Worst in London is anything with a yellow disc in the windscreens front and back, especially in Prius form laugh

Edited by AlexS_LDN on Saturday 12th January 05:24

Advertisement

Sa Calobra

27,610 posts

148 months

Saturday
quotequote all
Golf Rs hands down.

AlexS_LDN

83 posts

1 month

Saturday
quotequote all
Jim the Sunderer said:
I don't know what it is about owners of old £1500 Audi TDIs, but they're uncouth to say the least.
Perhaps they are driving fast and revving the engine to try clear out the DPF? idea

Technically not a car but these...

Either just pulling out into traffic without warning, or stopping to chat to fellow colleague driving in opposite direction curse

tonker

55,172 posts

185 months

Saturday
quotequote all
Riding a motorbike you look for clues

- rear headrests up and no one sat in the back
- any sort of headwear
- CR-V badges
- any supermarket delivery van. Not the HGVs, the local home delivery ones. Terrible.
- fiat 500s. Because driven by oblivious Young women with no understanding of road positioning or mirrors. And they WILL be messing with their phone.


I find WVM courteous to bikers. They move over, pull in their mirrors to let you filter if tight, rarely weave in their lane (they really can multitask, usually eating, using phone, doing some paperwork and driving)

miken2k8

Original Poster:

60 posts

20 months

Saturday
quotequote all
it's more the people who think they can drive rather than the ones you know just go to the shops etc. You know look behind all you can see is their windscreen. I honestley don't understand these people usually in a nice leased car, if i had to emergency brake they would be in a world of trouble. These are the same people who beep and flash when you overtake in a nsl when they are doing 40 then they sit on your bumper. It's quite bad had this happen once and their was unmarked car behind, queue smug smirks. No excuse for tailgaiting at all even if they are driving slowly

Mike335i

2,104 posts

39 months

Saturday
quotequote all
miken2k8 said:
DoubleD said:
Nope, they always end up the same with every type of car getting a mention.
ok then
Every car will be mentioned, but certain makes will be stereotyped (mostly German manufacturers) and it will end up in the usual arguments. Been done to death and we don't really need another thread on this topic, it usually just turna ugly.

miken2k8

Original Poster:

60 posts

20 months

Saturday
quotequote all
Mike335i said:
Every car will be mentioned, but certain makes will be stereotyped (mostly German manufacturers) and it will end up in the usual arguments. Been done to death and we don't really need another thread on this topic, it usually just turna ugly.
i find it's not a stereotype with audis at all except the a1 a3 to a5 are all tailgaters no signalling, surprises me when they do and i do 3000 miles per annum. bmw's are only bad if it's 3series coupe e90 imo mercs are usually alright apart from bradford innit amg's but that goes for s3's golf r's driven by asians. it's true

Mike335i

2,104 posts

39 months

Saturday
quotequote all
miken2k8 said:
Mike335i said:
Every car will be mentioned, but certain makes will be stereotyped (mostly German manufacturers) and it will end up in the usual arguments. Been done to death and we don't really need another thread on this topic, it usually just turna ugly.
i find it's not a stereotype with audis at all except the a1 a3 to a5 are all tailgaters no signalling, surprises me when they do and i do 3000 miles per annum. bmw's are only bad if it's 3series coupe e90 imo mercs are usually alright apart from bradford innit amg's but that goes for s3's golf r's driven by asians. it's true
Thanks for the clear example of what I mean.

Tim bo

1,284 posts

77 months

Saturday
quotequote all
stting Peugeots.

sjc

10,483 posts

207 months

Saturday
quotequote all
Other than the obvious mentioned ( which may just be because there’s lots of them), oddly the most recent version of the Ford Kuga seems to be the new choice of Mr. “Lookwhattorqueivegot” . Virtually without fail they seem to be driven by middleaged dicks trying to prove a point..... well up to 4000revs anyway.

Cyder

6,339 posts

157 months

Saturday
quotequote all
Vauxhall Insignias, usually driven by middle aged men frustrated that they aren’t high enough up the company food chain to be allowed a 320d.

Normally found being an arse in the outside lane of the M1.

skypeller

116 posts

130 months

Saturday
quotequote all
Ive got to agree with the focus st vote unfortunately .... even as an ex owner.... I used to have a total minter - show condition intercooler & milltek exhaust were the only “mods” but you would actually get focus st’s riding up your bumper...... what is the point?! I’m not your friend & we have the same car you nugget you don’t need to “race” me or anybody else, they aren’t even quick by today’s standards

Yes mpv’s also, totally right .... people who’ve got their missus up the duff a few too many times and had to sell their Astra Gsi with motorsport sunstrip & stick on fuel cap for a £400 mpv of any description with the essential one taillight bulb blown

powerstroke

7,760 posts

97 months

Saturday
quotequote all
Anything with a sat nav in the middle of the windscreen things dangling from the mirror ....

Riley Blue

14,014 posts

163 months

Saturday
quotequote all
Mike335i said:
miken2k8 said:
Mike335i said:
Every car will be mentioned, but certain makes will be stereotyped (mostly German manufacturers) and it will end up in the usual arguments. Been done to death and we don't really need another thread on this topic, it usually just turna ugly.
i find it's not a stereotype with audis at all except the a1 a3 to a5 are all tailgaters no signalling, surprises me when they do and i do 3000 miles per annum. bmw's are only bad if it's 3series coupe e90 imo mercs are usually alright apart from bradford innit amg's but that goes for s3's golf r's driven by asians. it's true
Thanks for the clear example of what I mean.
These list threads are pointless, they just serve to illustrate posters' prejudices.

gforceg

2,979 posts

116 months

Saturday
quotequote all
Riley Blue said:
These list threads are pointless, they just serve to illustrate posters' observations.
Fixed that for you.

Caddyshack

1,121 posts

143 months

Saturday
quotequote all
When I was learning to drive my Dad told me to always give drivers a wide birth if they were wearing a hat, it’s funny but it is true...my observations after 20+ yrs are that hat wearing drivers are bad.

There are a few Chinese mums at school drop off, they all seem to have won their licences in a raffle.

Small cars with the drivers nose touching the windscreen are generally badly driven (includes my MIL)