RE: 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E | PH Road Test

RE: 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E | PH Road Test

Author
Discussion

FestivAli

1,040 posts

202 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
So much hate. Relax. No one is going to call it a Mustang - a negative name for what has mostly been is a badly build car that doesn't look quite with it's duff headlamps that despite having variants sold through dealerships in my country - Aus - with as much as 722hp - doesn't apparently handle particularly well nor launch well because it can't get it's power down. I will bet that the 500hp version of this will handle better and launch better than a 722hp Mustang. In fact it probably has better range than a thirsty V8 as well. Noone is going to call it a Mustang, they'll call it a Mach-E. I don't mind traditional mustangs and personally a 2007 Shelby GT500 in red with white stripes would comfortably find a home in my dream garage but showing hate on what is likely a faster, more enjoyable to drive, better handling car is silly

irocfan

26,609 posts

154 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
FestivAli said:
In fact it probably has better range than a thirsty V8 as well
nope - the V8 has a greater range (as well as a quicker refuel)

Edited by irocfan on Sunday 28th February 21:01

mikey k

12,820 posts

180 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Might suit her indoors wink

R400TVR

454 posts

126 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
What a horrible looking interior. That screen is terrible, does nothing that real controls do better.

85Carrera

2,626 posts

201 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
SDK said:
DonkeyApple said:
It's only because of the EV industry that you're even aware. Your own home is full of objects that you have bought that have used Cobalt. Your driveway has objects parked on it that use Cobalt. The only industry actively moving away from using Cobalt is the EV industry. Yet despite this Cobalt has become one of the latest looney focal points to attack EVs when there are so many genuine and blatantly obvious issues.

Banging on about Cobalt is like not minding paedos chasing kids in a playground until a ginger one turns up and somehow being ginger is the big issue. wink
Indeed rolleyes
This is my anti EV Bingo Card - some already ticked off after around 40 posts bounce




Edited by SDK on Saturday 27th February 13:21
Hilarious rolleyes

You just go on believing EVs are “green” not just (a) snowflake virtue signalling or (b) bought for tax reasons

J4CKO

33,426 posts

164 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
85Carrera said:
SDK said:
DonkeyApple said:
It's only because of the EV industry that you're even aware. Your own home is full of objects that you have bought that have used Cobalt. Your driveway has objects parked on it that use Cobalt. The only industry actively moving away from using Cobalt is the EV industry. Yet despite this Cobalt has become one of the latest looney focal points to attack EVs when there are so many genuine and blatantly obvious issues.

Banging on about Cobalt is like not minding paedos chasing kids in a playground until a ginger one turns up and somehow being ginger is the big issue. wink
Indeed rolleyes
This is my anti EV Bingo Card - some already ticked off after around 40 posts bounce




Edited by SDK on Saturday 27th February 13:21
Hilarious rolleyes

You just go on believing EVs are “green” not just (a) snowflake virtue signalling or (b) bought for tax reasons
Sorry, "Snowflake", stopped reading after you said that, just says old man who doesn't like new stuff and is having a bit of tantrum.

rodericb

3,002 posts

90 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
J4CKO said:
85Carrera said:
SDK said:
DonkeyApple said:
It's only because of the EV industry that you're even aware. Your own home is full of objects that you have bought that have used Cobalt. Your driveway has objects parked on it that use Cobalt. The only industry actively moving away from using Cobalt is the EV industry. Yet despite this Cobalt has become one of the latest looney focal points to attack EVs when there are so many genuine and blatantly obvious issues.

Banging on about Cobalt is like not minding paedos chasing kids in a playground until a ginger one turns up and somehow being ginger is the big issue. wink
Indeed rolleyes
This is my anti EV Bingo Card - some already ticked off after around 40 posts bounce




Edited by SDK on Saturday 27th February 13:21
Hilarious rolleyes

You just go on believing EVs are “green” not just (a) snowflake virtue signalling or (b) bought for tax reasons
Sorry, "Snowflake", stopped reading after you said that, just says old man who doesn't like new stuff and is having a bit of tantrum.
Interesting that it was the snowflake thing and not the bingo card which was your limit.



J4CKO

33,426 posts

164 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
rodericb said:
J4CKO said:
85Carrera said:
SDK said:
DonkeyApple said:
It's only because of the EV industry that you're even aware. Your own home is full of objects that you have bought that have used Cobalt. Your driveway has objects parked on it that use Cobalt. The only industry actively moving away from using Cobalt is the EV industry. Yet despite this Cobalt has become one of the latest looney focal points to attack EVs when there are so many genuine and blatantly obvious issues.

Banging on about Cobalt is like not minding paedos chasing kids in a playground until a ginger one turns up and somehow being ginger is the big issue. wink
Indeed rolleyes
This is my anti EV Bingo Card - some already ticked off after around 40 posts bounce




Edited by SDK on Saturday 27th February 13:21
Hilarious rolleyes

You just go on believing EVs are “green” not just (a) snowflake virtue signalling or (b) bought for tax reasons
Sorry, "Snowflake", stopped reading after you said that, just says old man who doesn't like new stuff and is having a bit of tantrum.
Interesting that it was the snowflake thing and not the bingo card which was your limit.
The Bingo thing was quite accurate, Snowflake is just lazy shorthand, see also Karen, Gammon etc.

fblm

18,751 posts

227 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
85Carrera said:
Hilarious rolleyes

You just go on believing EVs are “green” not just (a) snowflake virtue signalling or (b) bought for tax reasons
I don't know where you lot get this bo11ocks from but everyone I know with an EV also has a pretty decent collection of ICE cars.

DonkeyApple

40,656 posts

133 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
fblm said:
85Carrera said:
Hilarious rolleyes

You just go on believing EVs are “green” not just (a) snowflake virtue signalling or (b) bought for tax reasons
I don't know where you lot get this bo11ocks from but everyone I know with an EV also has a pretty decent collection of ICE cars.
And given that until recently the bulk of EVs were well over £50k, the children so despised by their parents haven't been the buyers. It's another case of the older generations buying the EVs and other older people blaming their children.

At the end of the day, EVs are just like women with money, non whites with money, foreigners with money. They are despised by a certain number of old people who think they should have more money than they already have despite having never achieved anything of significance and not really earning the money they have managed to accumulate. The commonality being money. It's all about the money, the objects and people are just proxies.

But let's not forget that this is the generation that spent the 70s wandering the streets looking to punch someone who wasn't exactly like them. They haven't changed just because society has advanced beyond them. All those ghastly thugs are now pensioners cruising around in Skodas and the like still hating but from inside the safety of a metal box. biggrin

That said, we do need a bingo card for the other group of tossers, the religious bellends who believe the EV is the second coming and will cure all ills.

FestivAli

1,040 posts

202 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
florian said:
If Steve McQueen would still be alive today, would he drive the new Mustang Mach-E? I don't think so ...
I'm sure this EV is a great car, I just wish Ford would have given it another name.

The new Mach 1 on the other hand ... oh yes!
What an utterly stupid argument. "If some long dead person who was never around for mainstream and high performance electric vehicles was around now, he'd never drive one" - you have no idea what he would think. I reckon Richard the third would prefer NASCAR over Formula 1.

nickfrog

13,846 posts

181 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
85Carrera said:
Hilarious rolleyes

You just go on believing EVs are “green” not just (a) snowflake virtue signalling or (b) bought for tax reasons
How much emissions and particules do EVs emit in urban environments compared to ICE?

Also, why can't things be bought for more than 1 or god forbid more than 2 reasons?

Fetchez la vache

5,344 posts

178 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
article said:
+ Nailed it...
Design makes decent use of Mustang cues
- Failed it...
Some cheap cabin fixtures
Had to laugh. Surely cheap cabin features has always been a Mustang cue?

I'm actually a big mustang fan, so tongue in cheek but the interior has always been the trade off of (usually) getting a car suited to its market down to the price it sells it for.
[Disclaimer - my mustang driving has been in the US - current version / and or UK versions may be better!]

DonkeyApple

40,656 posts

133 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
FestivAli said:
I reckon Richard the third would prefer NASCAR over Formula 1.
That one seems fairly obvious given his penchant for hanging out at car parks in Leicester. Dude was clearly low rent and definitely inbred.

As for Steve, he'd be wearing a sarong, talking about star signs and cruising in a Prius, the modern equivalent of turning up with an acoustic guitar, if that guaranteed the highest quality fanny.


blackrabbit

457 posts

9 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
This is not a Mustang. Its another EV POS. All it does is tarnish the Mustang name.

PhantomPH

3,683 posts

189 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
DonkeyApple said:
FestivAli said:
I reckon Richard the third would prefer NASCAR over Formula 1.
That one seems fairly obvious given his penchant for hanging out at car parks in Leicester. Dude was clearly low rent and definitely inbred.
Beat me to it, you sod! biggrin Ha ha. I wanted to be the first to say he would have preferred doing burnouts in the local car park. biggrinbiggrinbiggrin

jjwilde

1,904 posts

60 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
85Carrera said:
SDK said:
DonkeyApple said:
It's only because of the EV industry that you're even aware. Your own home is full of objects that you have bought that have used Cobalt. Your driveway has objects parked on it that use Cobalt. The only industry actively moving away from using Cobalt is the EV industry. Yet despite this Cobalt has become one of the latest looney focal points to attack EVs when there are so many genuine and blatantly obvious issues.

Banging on about Cobalt is like not minding paedos chasing kids in a playground until a ginger one turns up and somehow being ginger is the big issue. wink
Indeed rolleyes
This is my anti EV Bingo Card - some already ticked off after around 40 posts bounce



Edited by SDK on Saturday 27th February 13:21
Hilarious rolleyes

You just go on believing EVs are “green” not just (a) snowflake virtue signalling or (b) bought for tax reasons
Take your pills grandad, this isn't the hill to die on.

Also might want to add 'e fuels' to the bingo card, seems they are the new hydrogen bks.

sidesauce

1,672 posts

182 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
DonkeyApple said:
At the end of the day, EVs are just like women with money, non whites with money, foreigners with money. They are despised by a certain number of old people who think they should have more money than they already have despite having never achieved anything of significance and not really earning the money they have managed to accumulate. The commonality being money. It's all about the money, the objects and people are just proxies.

But let's not forget that this is the generation that spent the 70s wandering the streets looking to punch someone who wasn't exactly like them. They haven't changed just because society has advanced beyond them. All those ghastly thugs are now pensioners cruising around in Skodas and the like still hating but from inside the safety of a metal box. biggrin

That said, we do need a bingo card for the other group of tossers, the religious bellends who believe the EV is the second coming and will cure all ills.
And not a single thing said here is incorrect (much as I hate to say it), particularly the first part from my own personal experience.

It is what it is I guess...

J4CKO

33,426 posts

164 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
DonkeyApple said:
fblm said:
85Carrera said:
Hilarious rolleyes

You just go on believing EVs are “green” not just (a) snowflake virtue signalling or (b) bought for tax reasons
I don't know where you lot get this bo11ocks from but everyone I know with an EV also has a pretty decent collection of ICE cars.
And given that until recently the bulk of EVs were well over £50k, the children so despised by their parents haven't been the buyers. It's another case of the older generations buying the EVs and other older people blaming their children.

At the end of the day, EVs are just like women with money, non whites with money, foreigners with money. They are despised by a certain number of old people who think they should have more money than they already have despite having never achieved anything of significance and not really earning the money they have managed to accumulate. The commonality being money. It's all about the money, the objects and people are just proxies.

But let's not forget that this is the generation that spent the 70s wandering the streets looking to punch someone who wasn't exactly like them. They haven't changed just because society has advanced beyond them. All those ghastly thugs are now pensioners cruising around in Skodas and the like still hating but from inside the safety of a metal box. biggrin

That said, we do need a bingo card for the other group of tossers, the religious bellends who believe the EV is the second coming and will cure all ills.
Well, it sort of is the second coming, if ICE was the first ?

I personally cant see any alternative, certainly none that is already happening. I took the hound for a nice walk in the sun earlier and saw EV's where previously there were ICE cars locally, cables trailing.

I like the tech and have enjoyed a go in the EV's I have been in, do I want one ? not really. Not going to rule it in or out, I remember my father in law saying he would never have the internet in his house as it was "Evil", I used to love reminding him of his impassioned speeches on the subject when he summoned me round because his internet wasnt working. Same as all those Socialist Worker Party members that are now bank manager or something.

Going to be a lot of folk choosing their hill and then quietly selecting a new one in years to come as prices of EV's fall, ranges increase and owning an ICE gets a little trickier as the infrastructure starts gearing towards supporting EV usage


But what amazes me is how vitriolic some get about them, they really do hate them and in a lot of case have never been in one, never mind driven one.

Finding new and interesting ways to compare them to another electrical appliance or similar, seen them called a food mixer and a Kinder Toy, cant Imagine how a 2.2 ton Model S would fit in a small yellow egg though, and they would be 100 grand plus, they are already expensive enough.

I am not sure why it angers some so much, it really does seem to annoy a certain breed of bloke (its always men) and they always get a bit NRA about it and mention their Car/Truck and how they will prize it from their cold, dead hands, well that's one person sorted, several billion others to still decide.

Its happening whether we personally like it or not, most of us will be able to live out our days and never have to drive one if we don't want to.

Nobody has to like them, but what really makes me laugh is the way they go on about how dreadful EV's are for the planet, suddenly all now eco warriors railing against this new threat to fragile ecosystems, funny how they have been silent for so many years about oil related incidents ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oil_spills

Not to mention all the other damage, explosions, fires etc but are now campaigning about Lithium and Cobalt mining, child labour etc.


And if you really want to set them off, mention bicycles as well.






DonkeyApple

40,656 posts

133 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all


In the 1820s an Englishman built the first Hydrogen powered car. I think the first EV was built by a Scotsman in the 1830s.

By 1885, Karl Benz had had enough of all that crap and invented a proper car. wink

Maybe all that's needed is a bit of history pointing out that ICE is a European evil that oppressed the superior British invention and the Faridgsters will switch? biggrin