991 GTS Must haves

991 GTS Must haves

Author
Discussion

kand300

69 posts

146 months

Friday 10th May
quotequote all
Not sure if this is advertising - if it is sorry.

A friend has just sold his Boxster GTS and bought a 991 C2 so has the following number plate he might sell

AH07GTS (reads : A HOT GTS or AHOY GTS)

mikeh501

596 posts

126 months

Friday 10th May
quotequote all
EarlX99 said:
Thanks. Yes it does stand out!

Are you going to Llandudno for the weekend or just Sunday? I want a good look at your wheels.
Just Sunday, ill be on the lookout for a bright orange targa!

Frrair

687 posts

79 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
After much mulling over the pros and cons I decided to trade in my GTS against a 997.2 GT3.

My 14 month old GTS is for sale here, looks lovely doesn’t it.

https://www.gravelwood.co.uk/used/cars/porsche/911...



This is not SOR, I have no financial interest in this but it’s a good car I would recommend to a fellow PH’er

Cheib

16,778 posts

120 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Frrair said:
After much mulling over the pros and cons I decided to trade in my GTS against a 997.2 GT3.

My 14 month old GTS is for sale here, looks lovely doesn’t it.

https://www.gravelwood.co.uk/used/cars/porsche/911...



This is not SOR, I have no financial interest in this but it’s a good car I would recommend to a fellow PH’er
Nice looking car. It’s a shame they can’t list the options properly....they’re not alone in that though. Soft close doors on a 911 ? Lux Pack ?!

Not Ideal

2,405 posts

133 months

Thursday 16th May
quotequote all
^^ lovely looking car. Tony ok to deal with ?

Frrair

687 posts

79 months

Thursday 16th May
quotequote all
Yes I didn't know it had soft close doors... he he.

Tony was a real gent start to finish bit of a character but straight forward and actually went the extra mile on a couple of items.

My report picked up a few bits some I was keen should be done and others were just comments I was less concerned about.
Tony replaced the front discs and pads without me asking.



Mr981

42 posts

8 months

Thursday 16th May
quotequote all
Frrair said:
After much mulling over the pros and cons I decided to trade in my GTS against a 997.2 GT3.

My 14 month old GTS is for sale here, looks lovely doesn’t it.

https://www.gravelwood.co.uk/used/cars/porsche/911...



This is not SOR, I have no financial interest in this but it’s a good car I would recommend to a fellow PH’er
What made you choose the 997.2 GT3 vs the 991.2 GTS ?

Frrair

687 posts

79 months

Thursday 16th May
quotequote all
The GTS was plenty fast enough, comfy and refined but very much a grand tourer.

When we were on hols in Switzerland last year this all came clear to me. My wife asked me if I wanted to be there in the 911 rather than the family wagon. I actually realised that I only wanted to be there in my Boxster Spyder as that would be much more fun.

I have an everyday car and the GTS overlapped with that so much as the perfect daily I really didn't need another one so I thought I have the opportunity to get something more of an event as an occasional toy.

Always wanted a GT3 so then it was which one is the best for me, I decided the gen 2 997 really is the final iteration of the original recipe with a manual so that's the one I settled on. Oh and I wanted to keep the Spyder so a 991.2 manual comfort or Touring was too many £s.

dvshannow

967 posts

81 months

Sunday 2nd June
quotequote all
Total 911 this month have tested a 992S vs a 991.2 GTS interesting heads up

Surprised to see them rate the GTS as the better sports car , more visceral and involving was their verdict while the 992 is a better all rounder

Porkernut

127 posts

160 months

Sunday 23rd June
quotequote all
dvshannow said:
A couple of factors to consider on your viewpoint

You have the cab version which is quite diff the regular 2s is more like a GTS 2 coupe than a cab

And second you chose to buy a GTS in cab spec so your opinion is somewhat suspect to me

If that sounds facetious sorry that’s honestly what I think about cabs when it comes to more sporty cars unless you are looking at carbon monocoques
Strange comments rolleyes to say ......his opinion is suspect just because he didn’t choose a Coupe!!! .... I used to be coupe only, with a whole series of tin top Pork including a Turbo & GT3, but modern top end cabriolets are so good dynamically while adding a whole new open air experience, so I too have become a convert. Just taken delivery of a screaming n/a 991.1 GTS Cab, awesome car and despite the soft top it is still a great drivers car on the twisty stuff smile

PSB1

1,841 posts

49 months

Wednesday 31st July
quotequote all
I recently bought my second 981 CGTS (PDK). It is a great car - no doubt, but I think I need a bit more power. Perhaps the old adage of never going back to a specific model, always 'moving up' is correct.

I have always wanted a 911 GTS and think it's now or never. Especially a nasp one.

Does anybody know this car? Assuming it doesn't sell before, I'm taking it out on Friday. It isn't perfect - missing the interior pack and has PDDC. But it's Carmine, doesn't have the pano roof (big plus) and it's a one owner / low mileage car.

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/911-Carrera-GT...

Not Ideal

2,405 posts

133 months

Thursday 1st August
quotequote all
I love Carmine too and its a shame it doesn't have the GTS interior pack. Don't know the car but it looks great!

PSB1

1,841 posts

49 months

Thursday 1st August
quotequote all
Not Ideal said:
I love Carmine too and its a shame it doesn't have the GTS interior pack. Don't know the car but it looks great!
Perfect username!

Mr981

42 posts

8 months

Thursday 1st August
quotequote all
Any 991.1 manuals around ? these are so rare

Rchamps

29 posts

43 months

Thursday 1st August
quotequote all
After reading every word on this topic and waiting for what seemed to be forever, I finally bought my first Porsche!! I got the exact spec I wanted at an excellent price from Porsche East London. Excellent to deal with.

Some highlights of the spec:
GTS 2
PDK
RWS
PCCB
Bose
GTS interior packages
LED Porsche Dynamic Lighting System
No sunroof!
Multifunction Wheel.

Very much looking forward to getting to know the car after six bmw M cars.








AND7 F

29 posts

163 months

Thursday 1st August
quotequote all
Mr981 said:
Any 991.1 manuals around ? these are so rare
Short answer.. no

I’ve been watching the market for the last 8 months and only seen 4 advertised..

For me that is the true ‘must have’ option but the majority obviously don’t agree!



AND7 F

29 posts

163 months

Thursday 1st August
quotequote all
Having read this entire thread before buying mine, a lot has been said about the GTS interior pack being essential but for any newbies it’s worth noting that there are 2 GTS interior packs:

GTS Interior Alcantara pack - gives you the dash, upper door cards and centre console surround in leather plus Alcantara lower dash and extra Alcantara on the door cards - IMO this is essential to the GTS experience and is a must have

GTS interior package - you can only spec this if you also spec the above and it basically just gives you coloured stitching and a coloured rev counter (both either in silver or red) - I would say this is more personal preference and not essential

PSB1

1,841 posts

49 months

Thursday 1st August
quotequote all
AND7 F said:
Mr981 said:
Any 991.1 manuals around ? these are so rare
Short answer.. no

I’ve been watching the market for the last 8 months and only seen 4 advertised..

For me that is the true ‘must have’ option but the majority obviously don’t agree!
Isn't the gearbox in the Spanish 991.1 a bit 'pony'?

PSB1

1,841 posts

49 months

Thursday 1st August
quotequote all
AND7 F said:
Having read this entire thread before buying mine, a lot has been said about the GTS interior pack being essential but for any newbies it’s worth noting that there are 2 GTS interior packs:

GTS Interior Alcantara pack - gives you the dash, upper door cards and centre console surround in leather plus Alcantara lower dash and extra Alcantara on the door cards - IMO this is essential to the GTS experience and is a must have

GTS interior package - you can only spec this if you also spec the above and it basically just gives you coloured stitching and a coloured rev counter (both either in silver or red) - I would say this is more personal preference and not essential
I've always thought both were essential. I have them on my CGTS and I'm trying to tell myself it's a nice to have in a 911.

AND7 F

29 posts

163 months

Thursday 1st August
quotequote all
PSB1 said:
Isn't the gearbox in the Spanish 991.1 a bit 'pony'?
Apparently the early ones were, I’ve not driven one in an early 991.1 but I love it in my GTS, they revised it for the GTS and it’s good. It takes a week or so to get used to the extra plane on the gate so I guess a lot of people didn’t get on with it on a test drive so went for the PDK..