991 Speedster

Author
Discussion

Taffy66

2,360 posts

43 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
circa 180 RS in the UK over all LEEDS seem to get the Most, but Leicester also does very well after the Porsche owned ones.

60 1st batch
40 2nd and PTS
80 3rd

A rough number btw as more seem to always happen, And the 1st batch I forget the real number but it must have been circa 60 odd.
Hi there D.
Just checked 'How many left' and a total 129 GT3 RSs were registered in the UK in 2018..I assume that some of those would have been non C16 imports.
I thought on this WLTP batch coming now will be about 100 total but not 100%.

Porsche911R

16,494 posts

206 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
Hi there D.
Just checked 'How many left' and a total 129 GT3 RSs were registered in the UK in 2018..I assume that some of those would have been non C16 imports.
I thought on this WLTP batch coming now will be about 100 total but not 100%.
I forget the 1st batch numbers so just a guess as I thought it was a low number, if it's 130 odd cars then we have 250 991.2 RS all told In the end.

the number I gained were 40 pts in the 2nd batch which merged into another 80 orders for the 3rd due to delays. so 120 more UK cars in 2019.

not being funny but if you are not track hacking one, why do you and Juno even want one ?

looks yes but to drive on the road over a GT3 no chance , hence I do wonder why the demand if not garaged at Spa or the Ring.



Edited by Porsche911R on Monday 13th May 16:29

Taffy66

2,360 posts

43 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
I forget the 1st batch numbers so just a guess as I thought it was a low number, if it's 130 odd cars then we have 250 991.2 RS all told In the end.

the number I gained were 40 pts in the 2nd batch which merged into another 80 orders for the 3rd due to delays. so 120 more UK cars in 2019.
That all makes sense..

Taffy66

2,360 posts

43 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
not being funny but if you are not track hacking one, why do you and Juno even want one ?

looks yes but to drive on the road over a GT3 no chance , hence I do wonder why the demand if not garaged at Spa or the Ring.



Edited by Porsche911R on Monday 13th May 16:29
I had a taste for tracking at Oulton last March so i fully intend to take my RS on track whenever time permits
I can't speak for Juno as i've never met him...

Edited by Taffy66 on Monday 13th May 16:41

Porsche911R

16,494 posts

206 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
I had a taste for tracking at Oulton last March so i fully intend to take my RS on track whenever time permits.
great to hear, ;-) I would love to track one, but don't really want to own any of todays super cars for my B road use.
And I cannot afford £2k a track day to run a RS that's for sure for it to sit unused the rest of the time.

I picked up a 991.1 GTS as for me it has the best road engine to date, my GT3 while mega has speed issues, ie it's a 150 mph car to have fun in and that's risky business. i'll prob sell it, the GTS is all the car you need imo for the road, a sweet spot it seems. I wish the GT4 had the x51 engine that would be perfect for my use.

Advertisement

Porsche911R

16,494 posts

206 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
I had a taste for tracking at Oulton last March so i fully intend to take my RS on track whenever time permits.
great to hear, ;-) I would love to track one, but don't really want to own any of todays super cars for my B road use.
And I cannot afford £2k a track day to run a RS that's for sure for it to sit unused the rest of the time.

I picked up a 991.1 GTS as for me it has the best road engine to date, my GT3 while mega has speed issues, ie it's a 150 mph car to have fun in and that's risky business. i'll prob sell it, the GTS is all the car you need imo for the road, a sweet spot it seems. I wish the GT4 had the x51 engine that would be perfect for my use.

Cheib

16,192 posts

116 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
MartinRS2K said:
Sandy59 said:
Taffy66 said:
My OPC is one of the largest and most successful OPCs in the UK and normally get a higher than average allocations of halo models..I'd expect some smaller OPCs to only get two second batch RSs at the most...IIRC circa 100 second batch RSs are coming to the UK in a very narrow production window..
If i'm wrong on this statistic i'm happy to be corrected..
Anyone know how many Speedsters for the UK ??
Doesn't the UK usually get 10% of Worldwide production?

In that case it should be 190-200 between 40+ OPC's? So for big dealers maybe 6-7 and smaller dealers 2-3 or is that optomistic?
I thought OPC’s got 1 or 2 R’s so with double the number of Speedsters maybe four.

As 991 R says Leeds will probably get most....they’re the biggest OPC in the UK from what I’ve been told (by an OPC!). IIRC Solihull are second. However that’s measured....

throt

1,915 posts

111 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
I would have said Reading received around 6 to 7 3RS's. All of which were dished out end of 2018, or as good as, be it with 10k deposits or not.

Geoffrey 321

220 posts

7 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
....not being funny but if you are not track hacking one, why do you and Juno even want one ?
Sorry but that is a rather crass statement, I've no interest whatsoever in tracking my car but I know I'll get pleasure just driving it on the country roads around my home at normal speeds.
You'll be saying next anyone over the age of 70 shouldn't be allowed to purchase an RS?

drivingsmile

Porsche911R

16,494 posts

206 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
Geoffrey 321 said:
Sorry but that is a rather crass statement, I've no interest whatsoever in tracking my car but I know I'll get pleasure just driving it on the country roads around my home at normal speeds.
You'll be saying next anyone over the age of 70 shouldn't be allowed to purchase an RS?

drivingsmile
I hope you do enjoy it, is about the best I can say without upsetting the PH massive.

but they make pretty st road cars imo.

I don't even use my GT3 with half the spring rates and downforce, and when I do it's a >140 leptons affair.
would people really buy them if it were not for overs ? I very much doubt it.

I had to buy a GTS to actually use. but then they loose money so they don't sell well for Porsche, GT3's easy out sell GTS models these days.
I am back upto 5 cars and the GT3 gets the least use.




GT4P

3,701 posts

126 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
Sorry to do go off piste on the post , firstly welcome back mrD but Interesting choice (991.1gts) I must say I am a little surprised , yes the engine is a peach but what about the rest of it , personally I could forgive the steering but couldn't entertain one with that manual box and not a pdk fanboy.Genuinely interested perhaps for another post.
PS always thought Colchester got the lions share of specials , believe they sold the most 918

Edited by GT4P on Monday 13th May 20:49

BubblesNW

1,536 posts

124 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
I picked up a 991.1 GTS as for me it has the best road engine to date, my GT3 while mega has speed issues, ie it's a 150 mph car to have fun in and that's risky business. i'll prob sell it, the GTS is all the car you need imo for the road, a sweet spot it seems. I wish the GT4 had the x51 engine that would be perfect for my use.
David, why don’t you sell the GTS and GT3, buy an early GT4 with the better gearbox and get Jens to uprate it to the perfect spec? 430+ bhp, shortened 1-5 ratios and standard 6th and a bit of suspension and you could have the perfect B road hack. Yes, it will not appreciate but the money you save could be invested to cushion the blow...

Just a thought

Juno

3,255 posts

190 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
Geoffrey 321 said:
Sorry but that is a rather crass statement, I've no interest whatsoever in tracking my car but I know I'll get pleasure just driving it on the country roads around my home at normal speeds.
You'll be saying next anyone over the age of 70 shouldn't be allowed to purchase an RS?

drivingsmile
I hope you do enjoy it, is about the best I can say without upsetting the PH massive.

but they make pretty st road cars imo.

I don't even use my GT3 with half the spring rates and downforce, and when I do it's a >140 leptons affair.
would people really buy them if it were not for overs ? I very much doubt it.

I had to buy a GTS to actually use. but then they loose money so they don't sell well for Porsche, GT3's easy out sell GTS models these days.
I am back upto 5 cars and the GT3 gets the least use.
I don’t mind stupidly hard core road cars and I already have far worse than the RS

I enjoy the overall ownership experience without the need to track them.

Engineering,fettling,noise,looks,quality and spending time with a nice cup of tea

I have a track hack for that specific purpose so no need to track the RS


JUNO: https://youtu.be/RCXeduDdch8

Edited by Juno on Tuesday 14th May 20:36

Geoffrey 321

220 posts

7 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
Geoffrey 321 said:
Sorry but that is a rather crass statement, I've no interest whatsoever in tracking my car but I know I'll get pleasure just driving it on the country roads around my home at normal speeds.
You'll be saying next anyone over the age of 70 shouldn't be allowed to purchase an RS?
I hope you do enjoy it, is about the best I can say without upsetting the PH massive.

but they make pretty st road cars imo.
Wow, just wait until your age starts with a 7 then you'll have a different opinion!!

And yes I expect it'll be a harder ride than my .2 GT3 however I've got a Gen 2 Macan as a daily so I cannot see a problem? driving

Now where did I put my bus pass hehe


rkwm1

577 posts

43 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
MartinRS2K said:
Doesn't the UK usually get 10% of Worldwide production?

In that case it should be 190-200 between 40+ OPC's? So for big dealers maybe 6-7 and smaller dealers 2-3 or is that optomistic?
Apparently only 2 per dealer and 1 in some cases.

Has anybody got one coming?


Gitana991

52 posts

1 month

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
rkwm1 said:
Apparently only 2 per dealer and 1 in some cases.

Has anybody got one coming?
No call from my end. I don’t know if dealers had their official allocations (we all know they know the minimum they would get). But for me to have a call there would need to be more than 2. So I still want to dream. Just because it is nice!

Juno

3,255 posts

190 months

Thursday 16th May
quotequote all
Gitana991 said:
rkwm1 said:
Apparently only 2 per dealer and 1 in some cases.

Has anybody got one coming?
No call from my end. I don’t know if dealers had their official allocations (we all know they know the minimum they would get). But for me to have a call there would need to be more than 2. So I still want to dream. Just because it is nice!
As far as I am aware they have!

Taffy66

2,360 posts

43 months

Thursday 16th May
quotequote all
Juno said:
As far as I am aware they have!
I doubt very much they've all been allocated...How do i know this. ? Simple....because i haven't had the call..laugh

Gitana991

52 posts

1 month

Thursday 16th May
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
I doubt very much they've all been allocated...How do i know this. ? Simple....because i haven't had the call..laugh
Same here! Haha!

MartinRS2K

554 posts

60 months

Thursday 16th May
quotequote all
rkwm1 said:
MartinRS2K said:
Doesn't the UK usually get 10% of Worldwide production?

In that case it should be 190-200 between 40+ OPC's? So for big dealers maybe 6-7 and smaller dealers 2-3 or is that optomistic?
Apparently only 2 per dealer and 1 in some cases.

Has anybody got one coming?
Nigel Turver has one confirmed from Sheffield PC and has been in to spec it up. He has posted on his Instagram page @supercarnigel