991 Speedster

Author
Discussion

TDT

1,366 posts

60 months

Thursday 12th April 2018
quotequote all
rkwm1 said:
is this limited numbers with a plaque or a limited availability model?
Pretty sure the 997 was a numbered car.

Cheib

16,192 posts

116 months

Thursday 12th April 2018
quotequote all
rkwm1 said:
is this limited numbers with a plaque or a limited availability model?
Invitation only I'd imagine....one car per OPC maybe.

rkwm1

577 posts

43 months

Thursday 12th April 2018
quotequote all
Cheib said:
Invitation only I'd imagine....one car per OPC maybe.
well nobodys called, so i guess no chance for me!

GT4P

3,701 posts

126 months

Thursday 12th April 2018
quotequote all
Cheib said:
rkwm1 said:
is this limited numbers with a plaque or a limited availability model?
Invitation only I'd imagine....one car per OPC maybe.
Get in the queue behind all the usual suspects who buy up every single new Porsche special that has been released in the last 3 years, funny that they never bought up all the specials before money was to be made ie a 997 speedster anyone had a chance of buying as it never had overs new and fell in price like all other Porsche of the time! List was £140k and 1-2years down the line you were able to buy one for circa £100k.!

rkwm1

577 posts

43 months

Thursday 12th April 2018
quotequote all
GT4P said:
Get in the queue behind all the usual suspects who buy up every single new Porsche special that has been released in the last 3 years, funny that they never bought up all the specials before money was to be made ie a 997 speedster anyone had a chance of buying as it never had overs new and fell in price like all other Porsche of the time! List was £140k and 1-2years down the line you were able to buy one for circa £100k.!
I dont think thats correct. I made several enquiries with a number of OPC's with regards Speedster and the classic back in 2010/11 and i was always told they had all sold out. I also have never seen either of these cars below their list price. If i remember correctly a garage somewhere in north london had a classic for sale back in 12/13, at around list for a number of months. I considered buying it but didn't in the end. cry Apart from that until a couple of years they rarely came up for sale.


Advertisement

Tony 1234

2,565 posts

168 months

Thursday 12th April 2018
quotequote all
Cheib said:
Invitation only I'd imagine....one car per OPC maybe.
That's what I've been told on both counts

virage11

23 posts

33 months

Thursday 12th April 2018
quotequote all
Tony 1234 said:
That's what I've been told on both counts
To be allocated centrally like the Turbo S Exclusive or to be allocated by each OPC as per the R?

Cheib

16,192 posts

116 months

Thursday 12th April 2018
quotequote all
Have to say the 997 Speedster has never really interested me even if i had the money , much prefer the 997 Sport Classic but this looks like it'll be a special car if it gets the GT3 engine.

2010spy

1,421 posts

105 months

Thursday 12th April 2018
quotequote all
I’ve just seen a missed call from my OPC from this morning smile

GT4P

3,701 posts

126 months

Thursday 12th April 2018
quotequote all
rkwm1 said:
I dont think thats correct. I made several enquiries with a number of OPC's with regards Speedster and the classic back in 2010/11 and i was always told they had all sold out. I also have never seen either of these cars below their list price. If i remember correctly a garage somewhere in north london had a classic for sale back in 12/13, at around list for a number of months. I considered buying it but didn't in the end. cry Apart from that until a couple of years they rarely came up for sale.
I am afraid it is back in 2010/11 I remember seeing a 997sc new for list in a opc showroom and after that 2011/12 a few came to the market secondhand at well below list! I was waiting for them to fall further before taking the plunge but sadly they stuck at about £100/110k for a few years.
I think Daro911 brother/friend bought a speedster (ex Jenson Button or someone) very low miles for way below list ! I remember he posted a picture with his 987spyder

daro911

514 posts

193 months

Thursday 12th April 2018
quotequote all

Tony 1234

2,565 posts

168 months

Friday 13th April 2018
quotequote all
virage11 said:
Tony 1234 said:
That's what I've been told on both counts
To be allocated centrally like the Turbo S Exclusive or to be allocated by each OPC as per the R?
OPC

daro911

514 posts

193 months

Friday 13th April 2018
quotequote all
GT4P said:
rkwm1 said:
I dont think thats correct. I made several enquiries with a number of OPC's with regards Speedster and the classic back in 2010/11 and i was always told they had all sold out. I also have never seen either of these cars below their list price. If i remember correctly a garage somewhere in north london had a classic for sale back in 12/13, at around list for a number of months. I considered buying it but didn't in the end. cry Apart from that until a couple of years they rarely came up for sale.
I am afraid it is back in 2010/11 I remember seeing a 997sc new for list in a opc showroom and after that 2011/12 a few came to the market secondhand at well below list! I was waiting for them to fall further before taking the plunge but sadly they stuck at about £100/110k for a few years.
I think Daro911 brother/friend bought a speedster (ex Jenson Button or someone) very low miles for way below list ! I remember he posted a picture with his 987spyder
Correct & it's my brothers car

footsoldier

1,417 posts

133 months

Friday 13th April 2018
quotequote all
Cheib said:
rkwm1 said:
is this limited numbers with a plaque or a limited availability model?
Invitation only I'd imagine....one car per OPC maybe.
1948 cars total...

GT4P

3,701 posts

126 months

Friday 13th April 2018
quotequote all
daro911 said:
Correct & it's my brothers car
Lucky man got in at the right time , although I must say I do prefer the 997 speedster in the blue

daro911

514 posts

193 months

Friday 13th April 2018
quotequote all
GT4P said:
Lucky man got in at the right time , although I must say I do prefer the 997 speedster in the blue
Leeds Porsche have a Blue one for sale currently



daro911

514 posts

193 months

Friday 13th April 2018
quotequote all
GT4P said:
Lucky man got in at the right time , although I must say I do prefer the 997 speedster in the blue
Leeds Porsche have a Blue one for sale currently



Scott Parker

742 posts

162 months

Friday 13th April 2018
quotequote all
Dr S said:
v8ksn said:
I would not be suprised if next week Porsche unveil a few spy shots of the GT3 4S rolleyes

And then the GT3 Targa...
I blame all the twonks that asked for a manual GT3 and then one without a spoiler rolleyes the GT3 has been diluted further!!

v8ksn

4,516 posts

125 months

Friday 13th April 2018
quotequote all
Scott Parker said:
I blame all the twonks that asked for a manual GT3 and then one without a spoiler rolleyes the GT3 has been diluted further!!
You are joking right?

rkwm1

577 posts

43 months

Thursday 26th April 2018
quotequote all
GT4P said:
Lucky man got in at the right time , although I must say I do prefer the 997 speedster in the blue
I stand corrected then. Must of been one of the very few to come on to the market below list. Gutted i missed it.

Agree the blue is definitely what i'd have if i was to get one!