992 must have options

992 must have options

Author
Discussion

craigjm

9,812 posts

145 months

Tuesday 5th March
quotequote all
Any photos of the wood option? Very brave yo go for that

cormeist

441 posts

46 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
I’ve gone for sport tex seat, as my Saleman sent me close up photos of of the new Sport tex seats and it look awesome! I would of never gone for them on the previous 991. They look like houndstooth

FrankCayman

1,932 posts

158 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
Cheib said:
Even my 10 yr old son who is obviously prone to being impressed by these things thought it looked too big. He’s definitely started to take an interest in things automotive...he was sat in my wife’s 718 Boxster for a couple of minutes with the engine running....asked me if there was something wrong with the engine “as it sounds broken” biggrin
Love it!!!

dgswk

136 posts

39 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
cormeist said:
I’ve gone for sport tex seat, as my Saleman sent me close up photos of of the new Sport tex seats and it look awesome! I would of never gone for them on the previous 991. They look like houndstooth
Thank you, my decision vindicated smile

Edit: you couldnt post the picture if you get 5, cheers

Edited by dgswk on Wednesday 6th March 13:30

DMC2

1,346 posts

156 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
After MANY changes I've finally decided on my spec. My OPC also said the Sport-Tex is amazing in the flesh so happy with that decision. I've always loved guards red since seeing a red turbo in London when I was 7 years old, but only ever previously specced it on a 997.2 GT3.

Salesman still wants me to add the glass sunroof and privacy glass for resale, but I prefer the car without. Really don't think it will make much difference come trade-in.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL7WRLL2

MDL111

3,759 posts

122 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
DMC2 said:
After MANY changes I've finally decided on my spec. My OPC also said the Sport-Tex is amazing in the flesh so happy with that decision. I've always loved guards red since seeing a red turbo in London when I was 7 years old, but only ever previously specced it on a 997.2 GT3.

Salesman still wants me to add the glass sunroof and privacy glass for resale, but I prefer the car without. Really don't think it will make much difference come trade-in.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL7WRLL2
looks lovely and very close to the spec I would have. Agree on glass roof (probably heavy is f...) and privacy glass (looks crap imo)

craigjm

9,812 posts

145 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
Privacy glass on a two door car looks crap unless that car is black

jonnywalker46

346 posts

130 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
Whats your thoughts on PDCC?

craigjm

9,812 posts

145 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
I have now found a photo of the wood option. Not sure I would want to spec it


FrankCayman

1,932 posts

158 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
craigjm said:
I have now found a photo of the wood option. Not sure I would want to spec it

Looks like the inside of a boat

6appeal

41 posts

40 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
craigjm said:
Any photos of the wood option? Very brave yo go for that

6appeal

41 posts

40 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all


This is the interior from the configurator from the spec i've ordered...

Edited by 6appeal on Wednesday 6th March 21:37

6appeal

41 posts

40 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
FrankCayman said:
Looks like the inside of a boat
Yup, i wouldn't go for that combo!!!

6appeal

41 posts

40 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
When i ordered my 991.2, i was the only person that had ordered with the dark blue leather interior... once it was at the dealer and people saw it, four people ordered their 911 with that leather that month! lol

Has paid dividends at trade in to have something a little bit different to the norm.

I managed to get samples of the wood interior to see it in person before ordering... all part of the fun, gotta be a bit of a gamble as i didn't like the other options of finish.

craigjm

9,812 posts

145 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
6appeal said:
When i ordered my 991.2, i was the only person that had ordered with the dark blue leather interior... once it was at the dealer and people saw it, four people ordered their 911 with that leather that month! lol

Has paid dividends at trade in to have something a little bit different to the norm.

I managed to get samples of the wood interior to see it in person before ordering... all part of the fun, gotta be a bit of a gamble as i didn't like the other options of finish.
I had blue leather on my last one with white stitching and white paint with midnight blue wheels

AMTony

Original Poster:

917 posts

112 months

Thursday 21st March
quotequote all
Went to launch last night - car looks amazing!

Definitely made right choice about gold wheels and style of them.

davidc1

723 posts

107 months

Thursday 21st March
quotequote all
AMTony said:
Went to launch last night - car looks amazing!

Definitely made right choice about gold wheels and style of them.
south london opc?

ODRALLAG

275 posts

103 months

Thursday 21st March
quotequote all

craigjm

9,812 posts

145 months

Thursday 21st March
quotequote all
AMTony said:
Went to launch last night - car looks amazing!

Definitely made right choice about gold wheels and style of them.
What colour paint and interior is going with that and what style of wheels have you chosen?

AMTony

Original Poster:

917 posts

112 months

Thursday 21st March
quotequote all
Carrera S wheels in satin aurum.