What’s the right price for a 991.2 GT3 ?

What’s the right price for a 991.2 GT3 ?

Author
Discussion

Blowfish

Original Poster:

261 posts

92 months

Saturday 20th April
quotequote all
Where do you guys think prices are at now for manual well specced 991.2 GT3?

The cars advertised for sale seem to be pretty much the same ones for last 4 months...


Cheib

16,784 posts

120 months

Saturday 20th April
quotequote all
Cars have been selling !

Top 555 sold a manual GT3 within a couple of days https://www.instagram.com/p/BwHnTWGAkMo/?utm_sourc... Romans have also sold a manual and a Touring and I’ve seen a couple appear and disappear on the OPC used car sites too. Can’t remember who but someone on here bought the OPC Leeds manual car this week,

I’d say £155k minimum. The Top555 car was £159k so doubt it was discounted much given it sold in 48 hours.

mogg

108 posts

203 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
So approximately how much above list price is a £155k car ?

Wilmslowboy

2,578 posts

151 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
mogg said:
So approximately how much above list price is a £155k car ?
Hard to say, there were anything from £115k (bongo basic) to circa £135k list.

Trade bids must be close to list now, with retail at about £10k (more if from a OPC, a rare spec).




Cheib

16,784 posts

120 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
I’d say the cars are typically for scale in the £155k to £160k area are probably in the £130 to £135k list cars. PCCB’s, 918 Buckets, Lift, LED’s gets you from £110k to £123k ish and not too difficult to add to that. Paint, Leather, Bose, Reversing Camera, Wheels etc etc

throt

1,978 posts

115 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
See one at Reading for just under 160k. Manual , with steels and normal sport seats, not sure if it had LED’s.

I thought some on here were expecting a big drop in price. I have mine, not bothered either way. It’s an absolute blast to drive.

PMacanGTS

237 posts

16 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
Leeds OPC had one in Miami Blue with 450 miles on the clock, think it was priced at £157k. But that now seems to have gone.

Cheib

16,784 posts

120 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
throt said:
I have mine, not bothered either way. It’s an absolute blast to drive.
Likewise. I love every minute behind the wheel!

Wilmslowboy

2,578 posts

151 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
throt said:
See one at Reading for just under 160k. Manual , with steels and normal sport seats, not sure if it had LED’s.

I thought some on here were expecting a big drop in price. I have mine, not bothered either way. It’s an absolute blast to drive.
OPC's seem to be able to demand a whole different price band, there was one for sale private start of March, for £135k ( 918 buckets, carbon interior pack, extended leather, Bose, rear camera, front lift)

FocusRS3

2,899 posts

36 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
PMacanGTS said:
Leeds OPC had one in Miami Blue with 450 miles on the clock, think it was priced at £157k. But that now seems to have gone.
Says something about the brand when they still sell well over list when most other manufacturers cars get hosed from new.

I've noticed there are a good few 991.1's for sale now but it's taken 6yrs for them to get back to list . Pretty incredible really

458's have been a very slow burner and been around 150 for the early cars but nothing has performed like Porsche really .

Cheib

16,784 posts

120 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
Wilmslowboy said:
throt said:
See one at Reading for just under 160k. Manual , with steels and normal sport seats, not sure if it had LED’s.

I thought some on here were expecting a big drop in price. I have mine, not bothered either way. It’s an absolute blast to drive.
OPC's seem to be able to demand a whole different price band, there was one for sale private start of March, for £135k ( 918 buckets, carbon interior pack, extended leather, Bose, rear camera, front lift)
That’s probably what the trade in would be....I don’t think the big independent dealers or OPC’s are making £10k on cars at this price point.

Cheib

16,784 posts

120 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
FocusRS3 said:
Says something about the brand when they still sell well over list when most other manufacturers cars get hosed from new.

I've noticed there are a good few 991.1's for sale now but it's taken 6yrs for them to get back to list . Pretty incredible really

458's have been a very slow burner and been around 150 for the early cars but nothing has performed like Porsche really .
Every now and again I look at McLaren’s...I see Romans have got a 700 mile 675 LT for just under £200k. They were 458 Speciale money a year ago. Ouch...it’s not even been used!

Taffy66

2,690 posts

47 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
Cheib said:
Every now and again I look at McLaren’s...I see Romans have got a 700 mile 675 LT for just under £200k. They were 458 Speciale money a year ago. Ouch...it’s not even been used!
Hi Cheib..You suffer from the same weakness as i do...I love Porsches but my naturally inquisitive nature lets my wandering eye settle on some used Maccas 675LT,600LT or Performantes..Thank god i was fortunate enough to a get a second batch RS allocation or i dread to think what other car i'd have bought, further impoverishing my admittedly rather depleted bank account..

PS Have you a link to this 675LT...It seems to good a bargain to ignore.biglaugh

Cheib

16,784 posts

120 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
Cheib said:
Every now and again I look at McLaren’s...I see Romans have got a 700 mile 675 LT for just under £200k. They were 458 Speciale money a year ago. Ouch...it’s not even been used!
Hi Cheib..You suffer from the same weakness as i do...I love Porsches but my naturally inquisitive nature lets my wandering eye settle on some used Maccas 675LT,600LT or Performantes..Thank god i was fortunate enough to a get a second batch RS allocation or i dread to think what other car i'd have bought, further impoverishing my admittedly rather depleted bank account..

PS Have you a link to this 675LT...It seems to good a bargain to ignore.biglaugh
Here you go!

https://www.romansinternational.com/used-vehicle-d...

Think of it another way Taffy...I reckon if you asked Romans for a trade be on your GT3 and your 981 Spyder it would probably be close a flat £ cash deal. Doesn’t sound so cheap now.



Edited by Cheib on Sunday 21st April 20:03

FocusRS3

2,899 posts

36 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
Cheib said:
Every now and again I look at McLaren’s...I see Romans have got a 700 mile 675 LT for just under £200k. They were 458 Speciale money a year ago. Ouch...it’s not even been used!
How much was the 675 at list 275k?

I’m told the issue with McLarens ( apart from the fact they are horrendous to maintain) is that McLaren won’t bid for their own cars back therefore they are not supported.

Only ever see horrendous depreciation on McLarens

hunter 66

2,810 posts

165 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
But Epic to drive ..... a mate just did a 52.5 lap of Knockhill with a passenger on road tyres , and he is new to the track day thing with no race experience . That is mid field in a BTCC race ..

Geoffrey 321

236 posts

11 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
FocusRS3 said:
How much was the 675 at list 275k?

I’m told the issue with McLarens ( apart from the fact they are horrendous to maintain) is that McLaren won’t bid for their own cars back therefore they are not supported.

Only ever see horrendous depreciation on McLarens
Not much has changed it would seem, a friend of mine couldn't get a bid on his 1-year-old car from the supplying dealer last year!!

MartinRS2K

569 posts

64 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
hunter 66 said:
But Epic to drive ..... a mate just did a 52.5 lap of Knockhill with a passenger on road tyres , and he is new to the track day thing with no race experience . That is mid field in a BTCC race ..
I was in a friends 600LT at Anglesey last week and the way it accelerates, decelerates and goes round corners is nothing short of mind blowing eek

A racing car with number plates and indicators

isaldiri

4,843 posts

113 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
MartinRS2K said:
A racing car with number plates and indicators
Um....no a 600lt really isn't a racing car with number plates. It's a dynamically brilliant car (not 675 brilliant though wink ) but most certainly not a racing car at all in any shape or form.

On the earlier post, a 675 would have been £260k without options when new.

Juno

3,653 posts

194 months

Sunday 21st April
quotequote all
Out in the Porsche’s today and can’t see that you can want much more in the Performance department,our friend in the BMW said how good the NA’s sound. The 2RS is a masterpiece and steals the show visually but the 3’s are not overly embarrassed by it!