What’s the right price for a 991.2 GT3 ?

What’s the right price for a 991.2 GT3 ?

Author
Discussion

Cheib

16,778 posts

120 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
av185 said:
Is that Mr Ds?

Interesting how the earlier cars had red harnesses whereas later cars were black.
That changed about Dec 2017. I bought black/yellow harnesses from Demon Tweeks coz my interior is Black/Yellow.....then they changed the spec of the harnesses before my car was built. So I have spare set of GT3 harnesses....

Claret m

3 posts

14 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
av185 said:
OPC prices are still £150k+ for 18 18 sub 4k mile proper spec 1 owner max 2 pccb braked cs cars and they are selling quickly too.

As ever it is the poor/odd spec higher mileage multi owned early cars with steel brakes that hang around even at lower prices and these unsurprisingly are the ones people quote when judging the market and perhaps looking to buy.

This is a prime example.


But the car is non CS with comforts. CS car would be early £150ks.

Others at this price with steels, poor spec, early car, 'high' mileage, no leather or 4 to 5 owners.

Interesting that 5 year old proper spec and mileage OPC 991.1 GT3s are still selling at over list £.

The other interesting aspect to this is that 981 GT4 prices are actually rising even at this time of year due to a number of factors regarding the 718 GT4 and limited number of proper spec and mileage 981 GT4 cars and there is a thread now running as such.

This could well be replicated early next year/next Spring with the 981 Spyder and 991.2 GT3 as owners hang on to proper spec cars, supply dwindles and they see the anticipated much more expensive and quieter 718 and 992 as a less attractive alternative.

You heard it here first.

Edited by av185 on Monday 9th September 10:16


Edited by av185 on Monday 9th September 10:41
Looks a nice spec to me, so what would you expect the depreciation to be going forward?

isaldiri

4,839 posts

113 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
Cheib said:
JZM have listed a Good/High spec manual CS for just under £140k today

https://www.jzmporsche.com/used-vehicle-details/Po...
Think that shows asking prices are and have been in la-la land for quite some time, just like with practically any expensive car you jight want to name. Actual sale prices almost guaranteed would have been rather different than listed ask....

Porsche911R

17,313 posts

210 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
Claret m said:
Looks a nice spec to me, so what would you expect the depreciation to be going forward?
£5 to 60k :-)

If we all knew the future we would all be very rich.

Ps the Jzm car is not mine.

Edited by Porsche911R on Tuesday 10th September 19:14

av185

9,153 posts

72 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
Claret m said:
Looks a nice spec to me, so what would you expect the depreciation to be going forward?
I see them replicating the 991.1 in the first 3 years (and after that it depends on the involvement reception of the 992) because they appear to be the sweet spot (similar to the 981 Spyder and GT4) last of the line pre GPF and pre dumbed down Porsche GTs.

It is no coincidence that there are around 6 of us on PH with 'manuel' CS GT3s all of which have had Porsche GTs previously and independently consider the 991.2 to be the best and consequently are keeping our cars for the foreseeable future.

As previously mentioned I have actually declined a 992 GT3 slot as thus far consider the car to be a retrograde step. Slightly faster maybe although even this is questionable in the light of the 718 GT4 which weighs more than the 981 largely due to the filters etc. Most are convinced the 992 will sound inferior to the 991.2 and as sound is a major draw with these cars this can only be a bad thing. The other aspect is that many are not gelling with the new interior and rear end styling the latter of which I would agree with is another retrograde step.

Going forward there will probably be more easing of the price towards Christmas but this may not be much and thereafter approaching peak buying season the price will rise for next year and stabilise slightly under £150k for the right cars although as with the 981 GT4 the fact that the new model is substantially dearer with a 10% hard Brexit surcharge looming making a 992 woth spec a £165k car £200k+ flipped would inevitably bolster prices further.

Edited by av185 on Tuesday 10th September 19:57

Mad Scientist

174 posts

24 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
I told myself I’d buy a manual clubsport car when they were in the 130s, but I might just wait a little longer. Feels like they have a bit to go still.

Mad Scientist

174 posts

24 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
Oh, couple of things I forgot:

Please stop saying “Manuel”. Thanks Basil.

Please stop dreaming that the Germans won’t want a rapid trade deal to remove these tariffs, and that’s only if the worse happens. We are too important a market to German car manufacturers.

av185

9,153 posts

72 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
Sounds rather like Adolf Hitler has risen.

GT4RS

1,833 posts

142 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
Mad Scientist said:
I told myself I’d buy a manual clubsport car when they were in the 130s, but I might just wait a little longer. Feels like they have a bit to go still.
I would agree, let’s face it whatever car you buy even a high spec / low miles at 135k will take a 15k hit when you drive it out if you try and px it back a month later. Normally depreciation is back and these cars will be loosing 1k a month for a little while Imo.

GT4RS

1,833 posts

142 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...

£136 for a high spec car, the seller must be getting less than list out of this deal. Evening if it was SOR that would mean they would be walking with £132k at best

av185

9,153 posts

72 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
GT4RS said:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...

£136 for a high spec car, the seller must be getting less than list out of this deal. Evening if it was SOR that would mean they would be walking with £132k at best
Early car October 17 also high miles for a 991.2, standard grey interior but the worst aspect is no extended leather or stitching so placcy dash and door tops.redcard

Also seems weird why the car has 4 new tyres fitted at 6k especially as it appears not to have been tracked.

Wonder how many owners had ad doesn't say for some reason.

A Bols need to be at least £10k nearer £12k cheaper than OPCs so c£147k at OPC.

Edited by av185 on Tuesday 10th September 22:44

notsomadmick

125 posts

105 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
GT4RS said:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...

£136 for a high spec car, the seller must be getting less than list out of this deal. Evening if it was SOR that would mean they would be walking with £132k at best
Very surprised leather wasn't spec'd on a car that has so much else to offer.
That one little detail would put me off somewhat.

av185

9,153 posts

72 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
Yep basic placcy dash is a definite no no seems weird having regard to the remaining spec which is good.

av185

9,153 posts

72 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
Cheib said:
That changed about Dec 2017. I bought black/yellow harnesses from Demon Tweeks coz my interior is Black/Yellow.....then they changed the spec of the harnesses before my car was built. So I have spare set of GT3 harnesses....
You are right C mines late March 18 black harnesses.(red belts)

GT4RS

1,833 posts

142 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
av185 said:
GT4RS said:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...

£136 for a high spec car, the seller must be getting less than list out of this deal. Evening if it was SOR that would mean they would be walking with £132k at best
Early car October 17 also high miles for a 991.2, standard grey interior but the worst aspect is no extended leather so placcy dash and door tops.redcard

Also seems weird why the car has 4 new tyres fitted at 6k especially as it appears not to have been tracked.

A Bols need to be at least £10k nearer £12k cheaper than OPCs so c£148k at OPC.
High miles at 6k miles!

Why would A bols need to be 10 to 12k cheaper than a OPC, total rubbish.

Imo the grey is the best looking out of all the interior colours, buckets, club sport, ceramic brakes, carbon and in my opinion the all important Bose.

Looks a nice usable spec for less than the original otr cost new.

av185

9,153 posts

72 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
GT4RS said:
High miles at 6k miles!

Why would A bols need to be 10 to 12k cheaper than a OPC, total rubbish.

Yep RELATIVELY high miles for a gen 2 GT3.

It is hardly surprising that buyers will pay more for OPC cars that's why they are more expensive as we have seen numerous times on this thread and others.

Cheib

16,778 posts

120 months

Tuesday 10th September
quotequote all
GT4RS said:
av185 said:
GT4RS said:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...

£136 for a high spec car, the seller must be getting less than list out of this deal. Evening if it was SOR that would mean they would be walking with £132k at best
Early car October 17 also high miles for a 991.2, standard grey interior but the worst aspect is no extended leather so placcy dash and door tops.redcard

Also seems weird why the car has 4 new tyres fitted at 6k especially as it appears not to have been tracked.

A Bols need to be at least £10k nearer £12k cheaper than OPCs so c£148k at OPC.
High miles at 6k miles!

Why would A bols need to be 10 to 12k cheaper than a OPC, total rubbish.

Imo the grey is the best looking out of all the interior colours, buckets, club sport, ceramic brakes, carbon and in my opinion the all important Bose.

Looks a nice usable spec for less than the original otr cost new.
No LED’s and Folding Buckets which aren’t what most people want. I prefer the grey to the red interior but one of the reasons I paid the ludicrous money for yellow stitching is that it deleted the seat stripe.

jcosh

895 posts

177 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
Cheib said:
JZM have listed a Good/High spec manual CS for just under £140k today

https://www.jzmporsche.com/used-vehicle-details/Po...
If only it had 18 way seats instead of CS and buckets.

jcosh

895 posts

177 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
Cheib said:
No LED’s and Folding Buckets which aren’t what most people want. I prefer the grey to the red interior but one of the reasons I paid the ludicrous money for yellow stitching is that it deleted the seat stripe.
Wes yellow stitch an option on 991.2 GT3? i’ve not seen many cars with it.

Whereas on GT4 it is available along with the red - at the same price.

Porsche911R

17,313 posts

210 months

Wednesday 11th September
quotequote all
coloured stitching is so 2015 imo today it looks a bit gash and very 1990's to me, it now really dates the cars and feels a bit rich mans chav.

imo ofcourse :-) and don't get me started about the red seat stripe or coloured air vents !!!

no one could sell cars with coloured air vents or trim in the past , and that will happen again, in fact already does with coloured trim in the 981 Spyder market "lemons" stuck at the very lowest prices but nice spec cars bar that one stupid mistake option !!

tone it down guys we are not on the Lambo forum where you need to tick the gash look at my car options , people will rue the day come sale time for sure !
It's not the brand image !! lets keep that over at Lambo owners....