Cayman R Chat

Cayman R Chat

Author
Discussion

boxsey

3,393 posts

154 months

Wednesday 2nd March 2016
quotequote all
ian964 said:
If you can live with the red interior, the black one at Targa Florio is good value - full spec (PCM, PSE, PCCB, xenons, carbon buckets, Sports chrono, climate, spyder wheels, 21K miles) for 42K. Just that interior...!
Just noticed that this one varies in price according to where it's advertised...it's currently £39.9K on Autotrader. Still can't past the red leather though!

douglasgdmw

409 posts

163 months

Wednesday 2nd March 2016
quotequote all
Would also say that its important to have an inspection done before you buy.

My 987 Boxster Spyder just had its minor service done at the OPC and they found out that the steering rack needed replacing due to a leak (only covered 13k miles as it spends too much time tucked away)

As I did not bother with extending the warranty the OPC repair would be £2800. Luckily Porsche GB saw that my servicing was all OPC since day 1 and they picked up most of the steering rack part cost.

Still ended up with a bill for £1700 however including the service frown

As you get a warranty from an OPC car its worth sourcing one from them if you can.

George

Edited by douglasgdmw on Thursday 3rd March 19:31

Pagoda1966

198 posts

51 months

Thursday 3rd March 2016
quotequote all
Don't have much to add other than to say I'm absolutely loving my R which I picked up last month. Paid too much but with negligible depreciation expected, not too bothered. Buckets, spyders, PCM, manual box, alcantara wheel & inserts etc are all good but the PSE is my favourite option.....love the howl above 4k revs. The car feels like a Mk1 GT3 I had previously (except the R is driveable on UK roads !) Set out to buy an R8 V10 but no regrets with my purchase to-date.......

Pagoda1966

198 posts

51 months

Thursday 3rd March 2016
quotequote all
Don't have much to add other than to say I'm absolutely loving my R which I picked up last month. Paid too much but with negligible depreciation expected, not too bothered. Buckets, spyders, PCM, manual box, alcantara wheel & inserts etc are all good but the PSE is my favourite option.....love the howl above 4k revs. The car feels like a Mk1 GT3 I had previously (except the R is driveable on UK roads !) Set out to buy an R8 V10 but no regrets with my purchase to-date.......

Scottb81

239 posts

100 months

Thursday 3rd March 2016
quotequote all
I love my Cayman R and it is superb to drive. Its white, manual, bucket seats, sports exhaust, chrono with spyder wheels. Also has AC which is a must.

Fantastic car and a dream to drive.



Edited by Scottb81 on Sunday 6th March 16:30

fridaypassion

4,512 posts

172 months

Thursday 3rd March 2016
quotequote all
Its a smart time to buy an R. You may recall me saying last summer they were overpriced just before the big dip towards the end of the year so I have some form in this area biggrin

Ignore the wrong spec ones nobody wants them. If you can get your hands on one with the Bcukets/Chrono/PSE for 40-45k depending on mileage you have a safe bet there. Rs do have a more than a bit of desirability and the numbers of correctly specced ones are tiny.

Me? I sold mine and bought my old S back the bubblesNW unicorn car. Probably a lot worse long term financial decision but boy is it a lot better to drive!

Fizzbomb

415 posts

51 months

Thursday 3rd March 2016
quotequote all
One of the best cars Porsche had made, at one point I ended up with 6 of them, all at the same time.

Porsche911R

17,184 posts

209 months

Thursday 3rd March 2016
quotequote all
Fizzbomb said:
One of the best cars Porsche had made, at one point I ended up with 6 of them, all at the same time.
do you want to sell me a nice one if you have some left :-)

boxsey

3,393 posts

154 months

Thursday 3rd March 2016
quotequote all
Please stop talking about them...Notts OPC hiked the price of their white one yesterday from £42,208 to £44,918...even though it has chairs!

Dan911

2,452 posts

152 months

Thursday 3rd March 2016
quotequote all
Fizzbomb said:
One of the best cars Porsche had made, at one point I ended up with 6 of them, all at the same time.
How many and what specs do you have now?

J-P

Original Poster:

3,901 posts

150 months

Friday 4th March 2016
quotequote all
Fizzbomb said:
One of the best cars Porsche had made, at one point I ended up with 6 of them, all at the same time.
I love my car but why did you feel that 6 was the appropriate number to own?

ZP

10,985 posts

133 months

Friday 4th March 2016
quotequote all
boxsey said:
Please stop talking about them...Notts OPC hiked the price of their white one yesterday from £42,208 to £44,918...even though it has chairs!
I was in there on Monday and could only see the green one (which looked a bit tired if I'm honest)

Captain James T

589 posts

152 months

Friday 4th March 2016
quotequote all
Scottb81 said:
I love my Cayman R and it is superb to drive. Its white, manual, bucket seats, chrono with spyder wheels. Also has AC which is a must.

Fantastic car and a dream to drive.

Is this its twin?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2016...

ZP

10,985 posts

133 months

Friday 4th March 2016
quotequote all
For £50k I'd want half those miles

fridaypassion

4,512 posts

172 months

Friday 4th March 2016
quotequote all
thats not in any way shape or form a 50k car

Captain James T

589 posts

152 months

Friday 4th March 2016
quotequote all
30,000 miles in five years? I'm at 35,000 in three-years and only used at weekends, but I do actually go out in it wink

boxsey

3,393 posts

154 months

Friday 4th March 2016
quotequote all
ZP said:
boxsey said:
Please stop talking about them...Notts OPC hiked the price of their white one yesterday from £42,208 to £44,918...even though it has chairs!
I was in there on Monday and could only see the green one (which looked a bit tired if I'm honest)
May be it was outside having a wash at the time so that they could put the price up? hehe

ZP

10,985 posts

133 months

Friday 4th March 2016
quotequote all
boxsey said:
ZP said:
boxsey said:
Please stop talking about them...Notts OPC hiked the price of their white one yesterday from £42,208 to £44,918...even though it has chairs!
I was in there on Monday and could only see the green one (which looked a bit tired if I'm honest)
May be it was outside having a wash at the time so that they could put the price up? hehe
No, they heard someone from up t'north kept looking at in on t'internet.
smile

boxsey

3,393 posts

154 months

Friday 4th March 2016
quotequote all
ZP said:
No, they heard someone from up t'north kept looking at in on t'internet.
smile
biggrin Tell them I'm serious but not for chairs or Pea green. hehe

Original PH ad for t'white one:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/p...

Edited by boxsey on Friday 4th March 20:40

Fizzbomb

415 posts

51 months

Friday 4th March 2016
quotequote all
Just wanted to see different colour/spec combinations in front of my eyes, I have sold all off them now.
J-P said:
I love my car but why did you feel that 6 was the appropriate number to own?