718 GTS waiting list/orders/ Chat

718 GTS waiting list/orders/ Chat

Author
Discussion

Red 5

257 posts

113 months

Wednesday 21st February
quotequote all
Today we ordered a manual Cayman GTS in GT silver, on the standard satin black wheels, with Crayon GTS pack.

April build, so not too long to wait smile

Jimmckay67

76 posts

77 months

Wednesday 21st February
quotequote all
Good choice in the GT
Really suits the GTS IMO

fasterthanlight

18 posts

42 months

Thursday 22nd February
quotequote all
Red 5 said:
Today we ordered a manual Cayman GTS in GT silver, on the standard satin black wheels, with Crayon GTS pack.

April build, so not too long to wait smile
My Cayman GTS in GT Silver completed manufacture yesterday, so hopefully the dealer will be in contact soon to give me a delivery date. Opted for a full leather interior in mine, as I'm not an Alcantara fan, and had the sport design kit and intake vents painted high gloss black to better match my alloy choice.



virage11

23 posts

25 months

Thursday 22nd February
quotequote all
That looks very smart

nxm

73 posts

9 months

Thursday 22nd February
quotequote all
Hopefully my GTS will arrive in the next couple of weeks. Getting very excited!

colour is agate grey with GTS interior pack with carmine red.






Advertisement

Not Ideal

2,287 posts

121 months

Thursday 22nd February
quotequote all
virage11 said:
That looks very smart
+1 - looks dreamy.

Cheib

15,101 posts

108 months

Thursday 22nd February
quotequote all
fasterthanlight said:
Red 5 said:
Today we ordered a manual Cayman GTS in GT silver, on the standard satin black wheels, with Crayon GTS pack.

April build, so not too long to wait smile
My Cayman GTS in GT Silver completed manufacture yesterday, so hopefully the dealer will be in contact soon to give me a delivery date. Opted for a full leather interior in mine, as I'm not an Alcantara fan, and had the sport design kit and intake vents painted high gloss black to better match my alloy choice.

Looks great. I saw a Cayeman S with the black painted external parts a few weeks ago at my OPC...looked the absolutely dogs danglies. Money very well spent on the options list.

Red 5

257 posts

113 months

Thursday 22nd February
quotequote all
We had all the black shiny external bits on the Carmine 981 GTS, but no GTS interior.
This time we reversed that, with matt wheels / mostly matt plastics, but more fancy bits inside smile

Can’t justify doing everything!

I like the new PSM sport mode, that can be used in comfort throttle map, with no rev match active. I again asked if they would disable the RM function, but they again refused frown

I’m wondering if the throttle damper will be as severe as it was in the 981.
It might be that the FI reduces enging braking a little anyway, so perhaps it’ll be a little less obvious?

Red 5

257 posts

113 months

Thursday 22nd February
quotequote all
fasterthanlight said:
My Cayman GTS in GT Silver completed manufacture yesterday, so hopefully the dealer will be in contact soon to give me a delivery date. Opted for a full leather interior in mine, as I'm not an Alcantara fan, and had the sport design kit and intake vents painted high gloss black to better match my alloy choice.
Looks lovely!

I spent so long on the config, that RHD Caymans now look wrong to me smile

theodore12

10 posts

7 months

Friday 23rd February
quotequote all
Hi Guys
What would be considered a good discount on a Cayman GTS?
Cheers!

RMJ891

171 posts

27 months

Friday 23rd February
quotequote all
theodore12 said:
Hi Guys
What would be considered a good discount on a Cayman GTS?
Cheers!
There isn’t generally a discount available. There’s a £1,000 deposit contribution available nationwide if you take PCP, but unless you have prior history or there is any separate reason why you may be entitled to one, you’re very unlikely to get a discount.

BE57JAM

303 posts

7 months

Friday 23rd February
quotequote all
RMJ891 said:
theodore12 said:
Hi Guys
What would be considered a good discount on a Cayman GTS?
Cheers!
There isn’t generally a discount available. There’s a £1,000 deposit contribution available nationwide if you take PCP, but unless you have prior history or there is any separate reason why you may be entitled to one, you’re very unlikely to get a discount.
I’m quite new to this site - is this all major hush hush or are people open? Anyway, bks to the rules.

I got the £1000 + a £900 contribution, =£1900 in total but there’s a long story behind the £900. I took out the ceramic coating on top of the £13k worth of options I got and that bumped up the contribution they made.

theodore12

10 posts

7 months

Friday 23rd February
quotequote all
Thanks very much. Wasn't sure if there was much to be had on top of the £1k finance contribution. £900 more might not sound loads but it all helps, I guess

BE57JAM

303 posts

7 months

Friday 23rd February
quotequote all
theodore12 said:
Thanks very much. Wasn't sure if there was much to be had on top of the £1k finance contribution. £900 more might not sound loads but it all helps, I guess
This is my first Porsche so I’ve got nothing Porsche related to compare it against. The couple people I’ve spoken to said it’s pretty good but I didn’t haggle for weeks or run round different dealers.

BicInspector

12 posts

7 months

Red 5

257 posts

113 months

Friday 23rd February
quotequote all
GT Silver, GTS Crayon, standard wheels etc




Ordered today for delivery in about eight weeks. Can’t wait smile

WG

604 posts

59 months

Friday 23rd February
quotequote all
I am going to be controversial here because I have had a few beers but what is this pre occupation with discounts ? We all like a bargain but surely some of the attraction of owning a Porsche - apart from the engineering excellence - is the exclusivity ? So, why should Porsche - who can sell more than the cars they make - indulge in discounts? Widespread discounts inevitably impact on resale values anyway sowhat is the benefit. If you can't afford the car without discount - and don't forget running costs - then perhaps you should be looking elsewhere.


BE57JAM

303 posts

7 months

Saturday 24th February
quotequote all
WG said:
I am going to be controversial here because I have had a few beers but what is this pre occupation with discounts ? We all like a bargain but surely some of the attraction of owning a Porsche - apart from the engineering excellence - is the exclusivity ? So, why should Porsche - who can sell more than the cars they make - indulge in discounts? Widespread discounts inevitably impact on resale values anyway sowhat is the benefit. If you can't afford the car without discount - and don't forget running costs - then perhaps you should be looking elsewhere.
We’ve all sent a pissed message and as far as that sort of thing goes, this one is pretty reasonable. My personal answer to it would be the same whether I was buying a loaf of bread or the Mona Lisa; I’d still want it as cheap as possible.

I want to have my cake and eat it I suppose.

Edited by BE57JAM on Saturday 24th February 08:01

theodore12

10 posts

7 months

Saturday 24th February
quotequote all
The point is you would not want to be the only one NOT getting a discount. I totally agree that by not offering discounts, resale values are held up but you would not want to start behind the curve. If everybody is getting 8% off, for example, not getting anything off really means you would be over-paying.

BE57JAM

303 posts

7 months

Saturday 24th February
quotequote all
theodore12 said:
The point is you would not want to be the only one NOT getting a discount. I totally agree that by not offering discounts, resale values are held up but you would not want to start behind the curve. If everybody is getting 8% off, for example, not getting anything off really means you would be over-paying.
Agreed