GT4 RS breaks cover then...

GT4 RS breaks cover then...

Author
Discussion

P. ONeill

482 posts

34 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
TDT said:
Very, very nice.

ChrisW.

4,655 posts

237 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
I agree, that looks distinctive and purposeful ... classy smile

kmpowell

2,411 posts

210 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
TDT said:
That's the one currently at JZM having a Geo and JCR setups installed.

Flame suit on, but I think it looks dull/boring in that colour, but once again backs up my argument that 4RS allocations have seemingly predominantly gone to selective people who they knew would PTS and WP high-spec etc.

MDL111

6,472 posts

159 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
TDT said:
Correct
Looks great, but I would prefer black or silver calipers

Taffy66

5,511 posts

84 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
I know a guy who's getting one soon in PTS Fire Red WP. He will keep it a good while and do a lot of miles and track days in it. It'll look incredible in that colour.

981SPYGANG

307 posts

32 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
kmpowell said:
TDT said:
That's the one currently at JZM having a Geo and JCR setups installed.

Flame suit on, but I think it looks dull/boring in that colour, but once again backs up my argument that 4RS allocations have seemingly predominantly gone to selective people who they knew would PTS and WP high-spec etc.
Some might say it’s a classy colour that’s not as shouty as Shark Blue……each to their own.

P. ONeill

482 posts

34 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
981SPYGANG said:
kmpowell said:
TDT said:
That's the one currently at JZM having a Geo and JCR setups installed.

Flame suit on, but I think it looks dull/boring in that colour, but once again backs up my argument that 4RS allocations have seemingly predominantly gone to selective people who they knew would PTS and WP high-spec etc.
Some might say it’s a classy colour that’s not as shouty as Shark Blue……each to their own.
I’d be one of those people, very classy.

23wn_4f2

81 posts

37 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
Flame suit on, but I think it looks dull/boring in that colour, but once again backs up my argument that 4RS allocations have seemingly predominantly gone to selective people who they knew would PTS and WP high-spec etc.
[/quote]

Agreed, I think the 4RS needs a louder colour. This colour suits a Touring better imo


RacerMike

3,601 posts

193 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
P. ONeill said:
981SPYGANG said:
kmpowell said:
TDT said:
That's the one currently at JZM having a Geo and JCR setups installed.

Flame suit on, but I think it looks dull/boring in that colour, but once again backs up my argument that 4RS allocations have seemingly predominantly gone to selective people who they knew would PTS and WP high-spec etc.
Some might say it’s a classy colour that’s not as shouty as Shark Blue……each to their own.
I’d be one of those people, very classy.
Equally I’m a big fan. Blues and Greens look absolutely brilliant on a GT Car and really like the subtlety of it. Similar in some ways to the blue on the JCR GT2 RS.

Dr S

4,859 posts

208 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
TDT said:
Veeery pretty! thumbup

TheDeadPrussian

736 posts

199 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
My GT Silver WP car should arrive in the next few days... I kind of like subtle (as subtle as a GT4 RS can be!).

TDT

3,696 posts

101 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
TDT said:
Yep I’m a big fan of this…. Purposeful, classy and sophisticated as has been said…. reminds me of my Agate Grey 981 GT4… just a bit nicer, lol.

981SPYGANG

307 posts

32 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
Would it be fair to say those of us who are ‘a bit longer in the tooth’ prefer more subtle colours and the younger generation prefer brighter/bolder?

Unfortunately I’m the wrong side of 50 and couldn’t drive bright coloured but respect that the young guns love them and see them as ‘more fun’…..

Also struggle with huge wings/scaffolding but again I think it’s a age thing! Couldn’t drive a GTRS but an under the radar Touring yes please!

Edited by 981SPYGANG on Friday 23 September 15:55

Escy

3,403 posts

131 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
I think bright colours suit lairy looking cars which the GT4RS definitely is. The ones with subtle colours don't suit it as much.

Sandy59

2,657 posts

193 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
TheDeadPrussian said:
My GT Silver WP car should arrive in the next few days... I kind of like subtle (as subtle as a GT4 RS can be!).
I think GT Silver is a great colour on the GT cars, shows off the body detail lines very well, nice contrast with the black trims and CF, and looks great in any light thumbup

IanB_76

204 posts

22 months

Friday 23rd September
quotequote all
TDT said:
Yachting Blue is a stunning colour, and this looks classy yet purposeful!

Definitely inspired by this GT2 RS


Robbo66

3,720 posts

215 months

Saturday 24th September
quotequote all
TDT said:
TDT said:
Yep I’m a big fan of this…. Purposeful, classy and sophisticated as has been said…. reminds me of my Agate Grey 981 GT4… just a bit nicer, lol.
‘Classy and sophisticated’ ?. biggrin

About as much as Gemma’s Collins is, in a onesie and sliders.

It must be an age thing, I’m sure a great drive, but looks more ‘drive thru’ than Alps passes I’m afraid.


Cheib

21,513 posts

157 months

Saturday 24th September
quotequote all
IanB_76 said:
TDT said:
Yachting Blue is a stunning colour, and this looks classy yet purposeful!

Definitely inspired by this GT2 RS

Originally a Panamera colour….so that’s clearly the inspiration biggrin



Porsche guy

3,465 posts

209 months

Saturday 24th September
quotequote all
Sandy59 said:
TheDeadPrussian said:
My GT Silver WP car should arrive in the next few days... I kind of like subtle (as subtle as a GT4 RS can be!).
I think GT Silver is a great colour on the GT cars, shows off the body detail lines very well, nice contrast with the black trims and CF, and looks great in any light thumbup
GT Silver every time for me, always looks clean and classy, plus great with WP and Mag gold wheels.

rkwm1

931 posts

84 months

Saturday 24th September
quotequote all
I think they look great in any colour! getmecoat