718 GTS 4.0…

Author
Discussion

CardiffTam

237 posts

141 months

Wednesday 11th May
quotequote all
I optioned steering wheel casing in leather and I am not disappointed. Also, I went for the heated multi function GT steering wheel. The slightly smaller diameter is really nice and the toggles etc on the wheel are useful. The heated element is great to have for those cold winter mornings.

rwillia2

7 posts

Wednesday 11th May
quotequote all
kmpowell said:
Ordered a GT4 in August (signed order form with car details on it), got my build allocation week before Xmas, spec locked end of January (new order form issued with the final spec choices (which was wildly different to my provisional spec). Porsche have honoured the price from when I first ordered, saving me the £2250 price increase. My understanding is as long as it's within the model year, you will be fine. It's only if it moves into new MY the honouring of prices becomes flakey.
I placed an order in Oct last year for a CGTS. According to the dealer I’ll get an allocation in July for Oct (ish) delivery.

The order form I have is some £2.5k less than the current configurator price. I can’t see anywhere in the contract where it says they can vary the ‘base’ price of the car. It doesn’t mention anywhere on the order for what model year the car is, but as the configurator has updated it’s now a ‘23 spec car.

Any thoughts or suggestions with how I play it with the dealer?

BoxCube

6 posts

5 months

Wednesday 11th May
quotequote all
rwillia2 said:
I placed an order in Oct last year for a CGTS. According to the dealer I’ll get an allocation in July for Oct (ish) delivery.

The order form I have is some £2.5k less than the current configurator price. I can’t see anywhere in the contract where it says they can vary the ‘base’ price of the car. It doesn’t mention anywhere on the order for what model year the car is, but as the configurator has updated it’s now a ‘23 spec car.

Any thoughts or suggestions with how I play it with the dealer?
You can try but on my order it clearly states that there is no commitment on the dealer to actually supply a car, and any price rises in the interim up until there is a firm order (as opposed to the refundable deposit) are subject to any manufacturer price rises. I think after specification lock and full order it’s tough, after that point and delivery it’s much more negotiable.

matt21

4,048 posts

181 months

Wednesday 11th May
quotequote all
mabosh said:
matt21 said:
Thanks again folks.

Has anyone gone with the sports steering (or whatever it is called)? Can't imagine it improves the drive.
The heated multi-function wheel?

Again, previous Cayman didn't have it, current one does. It's not pretty but I much prefer it. It's a little bit smaller in diameter too which is quite noticeable. Much easier to operate the audio controls, for instance you can mute the stereo with a press of the left thumbwheel rather than having to stretch behind the gear lever and press or turn the knob on the dash.

You lose the right side lower stalk and work the dash menu and functions with the right thumbwheel.

Took me about a week to find the button to switch on the steering wheel heating though!

I'd absolutely spec it again but others prefer the clean look of the standard wheel.
I actually meant power steering plus.

Out of interest on the heated steering wheel can you get it in leather or alcantara?

rwillia2

7 posts

Wednesday 11th May
quotequote all
BoxCube said:
You can try but on my order it clearly states that there is no commitment on the dealer to actually supply a car, and any price rises in the interim up until there is a firm order (as opposed to the refundable deposit) are subject to any manufacturer price rises. I think after specification lock and full order it’s tough, after that point and delivery it’s much more negotiable.
It doesn’t say anything on my order form about ‘No commitment’ or any mention at all about increases in price. The opening statement before the vehicle price breakdown says:

‘I hereby agree to purchase from the Porsche Centre detailed above (“the Seller”) the under- mentioned vehicle and options (collectively the “Vehicle”) on and subject to the terms of the Agreement.’

As it mentions nothing about a facility to increase the price and the base price is listed clearly I can’t see contractually how they can vary the price. I suspect I’ll end up asking an innocuous question come spec fix time about whic clause says the can vary the price and I’ll take it from there….. suspect I’ll get nowhere but as they say “shy bairns get nowt”

mabosh

176 posts

163 months

Wednesday 11th May
quotequote all
matt21 said:
mabosh said:
matt21 said:
Thanks again folks.

Has anyone gone with the sports steering (or whatever it is called)? Can't imagine it improves the drive.
The heated multi-function wheel?

Again, previous Cayman didn't have it, current one does. It's not pretty but I much prefer it. It's a little bit smaller in diameter too which is quite noticeable. Much easier to operate the audio controls, for instance you can mute the stereo with a press of the left thumbwheel rather than having to stretch behind the gear lever and press or turn the knob on the dash.

You lose the right side lower stalk and work the dash menu and functions with the right thumbwheel.

Took me about a week to find the button to switch on the steering wheel heating though!

I'd absolutely spec it again but others prefer the clean look of the standard wheel.
I actually meant power steering plus.

Out of interest on the heated steering wheel can you get it in leather or alcantara?
Well I can answer that too! Another thing that my original Cayman did not have and the current one does!

I like PSP. It's not sports steering it simply increases the power assistance at lower speeds. Works well for me with a slightly tight driveway and garage entrance. It's not for everybody though and can be retro installed as it's just a software update. Equally it can be coded off by your OPC.

Heated wheel is available in both finishes.

Charlie_1

443 posts

69 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
rwillia2 said:
BoxCube said:
You can try but on my order it clearly states that there is no commitment on the dealer to actually supply a car, and any price rises in the interim up until there is a firm order (as opposed to the refundable deposit) are subject to any manufacturer price rises. I think after specification lock and full order it’s tough, after that point and delivery it’s much more negotiable.
It doesn’t say anything on my order form about ‘No commitment’ or any mention at all about increases in price. The opening statement before the vehicle price breakdown says:

‘I hereby agree to purchase from the Porsche Centre detailed above (“the Seller”) the under- mentioned vehicle and options (collectively the “Vehicle”) on and subject to the terms of the Agreement.’

As it mentions nothing about a facility to increase the price and the base price is listed clearly I can’t see contractually how they can vary the price. I suspect I’ll end up asking an innocuous question come spec fix time about whic clause says the can vary the price and I’ll take it from there….. suspect I’ll get nowhere but as they say “shy bairns get nowt”
I cant recall anything about price but in the really small print on the back there was a phrase 'Porsche GMBH reserve the right to withdraw supply of said vehicle at any point' , or very similar which left me with a feeling of well thats just a pointless bit of paper then coz they can just say no at any point will try to dig it out later

T1berious

1,825 posts

132 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
matt21 said:
Yesterday I had a call from my Porsche dealer telling me they have a slot for me as they've had a few through from Porsche!

I ordered in August 2021, expected delivery is mid September 2022. Not too bad. Unfortunately the car will be a 2023 model year so the price is up by about £2500.

Apparently I need to lock the spec in the next 2 weeks to maintain the build date.

Below is my code. Any thoughts on the spec? Anything obvious missing? The plan would be to keep the car for the long term (15 years +) so trying to future proof it somewhat - not from a value perspective, but don't want a colour or options which will prematurely age.

PNKEDU54

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do?userID=EG&amp...
Dumb question,

Do you know what number you were in the queue when they got in touch? Just curious how many allocations your OPC got.

Cheers!

krispe

40 posts

181 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
Had my call yesterday. Deposit paid end of November 2021, I have had build slot now confirmed with date to leave factory 10/9, (final build spec needs locking in by end of June). Aim to collect from dealer 1st week in October. CGTS. biggrin

matt21

4,048 posts

181 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
T1berious said:
matt21 said:
Yesterday I had a call from my Porsche dealer telling me they have a slot for me as they've had a few through from Porsche!

I ordered in August 2021, expected delivery is mid September 2022. Not too bad. Unfortunately the car will be a 2023 model year so the price is up by about £2500.

Apparently I need to lock the spec in the next 2 weeks to maintain the build date.

Below is my code. Any thoughts on the spec? Anything obvious missing? The plan would be to keep the car for the long term (15 years +) so trying to future proof it somewhat - not from a value perspective, but don't want a colour or options which will prematurely age.

PNKEDU54

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do?userID=EG&amp...
Dumb question,

Do you know what number you were in the queue when they got in touch? Just curious how many allocations your OPC got.

Cheers!
A month ago I was number 5

NorthumbrianBloke

660 posts

172 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
matt21 said:
Yesterday I had a call from my Porsche dealer telling me they have a slot for me as they've had a few through from Porsche!

I ordered in August 2021, expected delivery is mid September 2022. Not too bad. Unfortunately the car will be a 2023 model year so the price is up by about £2500.

Apparently I need to lock the spec in the next 2 weeks to maintain the build date.

Below is my code. Any thoughts on the spec? Anything obvious missing? The plan would be to keep the car for the long term (15 years +) so trying to future proof it somewhat - not from a value perspective, but don't want a colour or options which will prematurely age.

PNKEDU54

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do?userID=EG&amp...
It's all about Carmine, good choice



T1berious

1,825 posts

132 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
matt21 said:
A month ago I was number 5
Wow! There's hope yet! Thank you for that!

OPOGTS

1,081 posts

190 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
NorthumbrianBloke said:
It's all about Carmine, good choice

Looks superb. (too clean though, get driving smile )

matt21

4,048 posts

181 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
That Carmine red does look amazing. Had a small wobble and considered changing to guards red, but glad I held out

Charlie_1

443 posts

69 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
OPOGTS said:
NorthumbrianBloke said:
It's all about Carmine, good choice

Looks superb. (too clean though, get driving smile )
yes thats a very nice looking car

P. ONeill

153 posts

29 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Is there a way of keeping the drivers seat in the same position when I switch the car off? I just want to get in and drive without having to press the memory 1 button on the door and have the seat take 30 seconds to go back to where it was.

barchetta_boy

2,059 posts

209 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
That's why I went for the free 4-way seats!

Sorry I know that's not helpful

CardiffTam

237 posts

141 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
P. ONeill said:
Is there a way of keeping the drivers seat in the same position when I switch the car off? I just want to get in and drive without having to press the memory 1 button on the door and have the seat take 30 seconds to go back to where it was.
Set the seat position to the key.

dans160

3 posts

16 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Build slot was confirmed today for November (CGTS). I ordered mid Jan and was third in the queue about a month ago.

Dan

P. ONeill

153 posts

29 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
CardiffTam said:
P. ONeill said:
Is there a way of keeping the drivers seat in the same position when I switch the car off? I just want to get in and drive without having to press the memory 1 button on the door and have the seat take 30 seconds to go back to where it was.
Set the seat position to the key.
I thought I had already done that.