718 GT4 UK Allocations

718 GT4 UK Allocations

Author
Discussion

renga

44 posts

118 months

Friday 20th May
quotequote all
SpyderMatt said:
renga said:
Spotted another GT4 in goffs oak today! Anyone on here?
Likely me if it was shark blue
Shark blue with PDLS plus?

SpyderMatt

148 posts

196 months

Friday 20th May
quotequote all
renga said:
SpyderMatt said:
renga said:
Spotted another GT4 in goffs oak today! Anyone on here?
Likely me if it was shark blue
Shark blue with PDLS plus?
YessSir

renga

44 posts

118 months

Friday 20th May
quotequote all
SpyderMatt said:
renga said:
SpyderMatt said:
renga said:
Spotted another GT4 in goffs oak today! Anyone on here?
Likely me if it was shark blue
Shark blue with PDLS plus?
YessSir
That's madness, by July there'll be 2 shark blue GT4s in goffs!

SpyderMatt

148 posts

196 months

Friday 20th May
quotequote all
Got mine last weekend from the top guys at Hatfield


renga

44 posts

118 months

Friday 20th May
quotequote all
SpyderMatt said:
Got mine last weekend from the top the top guys at Hatfield

Looks amazing.

Should definitely get them side by side when mine arrives!

Mine is sure to complete build on the 27th may and all seems to be in track. How long did it take to get the keys from the build completion date?

Vincent-Vega

117 posts

1 month

Friday 20th May
quotequote all
flyer911 said:
I have recently ordered a GT4 and am in the fortunate position that I can pay for the car without using any form of finance. However the dealer is insisting that for GT car purchases finance must be used to pay for the car. At the current rate of 6% this will cost me money. Has anyone else who wished to pay the full amount outright for a GT car had this experience with their dealer?
They can't do that, they can probably give your build slot to someone else willing to take the finance and get their commission though.

As suggested, play the game and string them along telling them you'll do the finance forms nearer the time. Once the car is delivered to the OPC just pay in full when it's too late. Unless of course you want future GT car slots, in which case take finance and pay it off straight away.

a3simon

41 posts

157 months

Friday 20th May
quotequote all
Just take the finance and pay it off after you collect the car

MartinRS2K

598 posts

97 months

Saturday 21st May
quotequote all
I've not been on these forums for a good while after selling my GT3 Touring then my 997.2 GT3RS cry

Covid caused so many issues as many of you know and I have spent the last 18 months doing other things but I miss my weekend toys so asked my OPC for a GT4 and got an allocation with PTS that is due to be built this week or next and will be here in mid June smile

Spec is PTS (to be revealed when it arrives) with Bucket Seats, Extended Leather/Race-Tex, PDK and plenty of other options ticked

No Clubsport as I personally think £2800 is a rip off for what you get,

Front plate will be a stick on from Highgate House and the car is getting the Track Pack PPF and Ceramic Coating done by a local specialist who did my Ferrari 488.

Cheib

21,342 posts

153 months

Saturday 21st May
quotequote all
flyer911 said:
I have recently ordered a GT4 and am in the fortunate position that I can pay for the car without using any form of finance. However the dealer is insisting that for GT car purchases finance must be used to pay for the car. At the current rate of 6% this will cost me money. Has anyone else who wished to pay the full amount outright for a GT car had this experience with their dealer?
It’s all about how much you want a relationship with your dealer down the line….i.e. want more GT cars.

If you want more GT cars take some finance, run it for three or six months. OPC gets its commission you get your GT4 and you’re on the “good boy” list. Buy it without finance or pay off the finance straight away (OPC won’t et commission if you do this) and you most likely won’t get a sniff at another GT car or an early slot on other cars.

Whilst it might piss you off that is the way the world of GT cars works…

Personally for a few hundred quid I’d take the finance given the GT4 will be free motoring for you.

GT4RS

2,953 posts

175 months

Saturday 21st May
quotequote all
MartinRS2K said:
I've not been on these forums for a good while after selling my GT3 Touring then my 997.2 GT3RS cry

Covid caused so many issues as many of you know and I have spent the last 18 months doing other things but I miss my weekend toys so asked my OPC for a GT4 and got an allocation with PTS that is due to be built this week or next and will be here in mid June smile

Spec is PTS (to be revealed when it arrives) with Bucket Seats, Extended Leather/Race-Tex, PDK and plenty of other options ticked

No Clubsport as I personally think 2800 is a rip off for what you get,

Front plate will be a stick on from Highgate House and the car is getting the Track Pack PPF and Ceramic Coating done by a local specialist who did my Ferrari 488.
Congratulations, you won’t be disappointed with the PDK version of the gt4.

GT3cs

1,152 posts

219 months

Saturday 21st May
quotequote all
I’m currently torn between Shark vs Arctic . Has there been a huge take up of Shark since it was released ? I fractionally prefer it to Arctic, but is it going to be the new most popular colour … and therefore I’d lean towards Arctic just to be a little different .

SpyderMatt

148 posts

196 months

Saturday 21st May
quotequote all
renga said:
SpyderMatt said:
Got mine last weekend from the top the top guys at Hatfield

Looks amazing.

Should definitely get them side by side when mine arrives!

Mine is sure to complete build on the 27th may and all seems to be in track. How long did it take to get the keys from the build completion date?
I think about 6 weeks all told

Budweiser

997 posts

162 months

Sunday 22nd May
quotequote all
flyer911 said:
I have recently ordered a GT4 and am in the fortunate position that I can pay for the car without using any form of finance. However the dealer is insisting that for GT car purchases finance must be used to pay for the car. At the current rate of 6% this will cost me money. Has anyone else who wished to pay the full amount outright for a GT car had this experience with their dealer?
I paid outright for mine. Absolutely no pressure from my OPC to take out finance.

GT4RS

2,953 posts

175 months

Sunday 22nd May
quotequote all
GT3cs said:
I’m currently torn between Shark vs Arctic . Has there been a huge take up of Shark since it was released ? I fractionally prefer it to Arctic, but is it going to be the new most popular colour … and therefore I’d lean towards Arctic just to be a little different .
They have only just released arctic so there will be less cars. If they pull the plug on the 718 gt4 soon it could turn out to be a rare colour.

WG

842 posts

104 months

Sunday 22nd May
quotequote all
When I bought my Spyder last June I was expected to use finance - though didn’t want to - I was told of this at the time I placed my deposit.

SpyderMatt

148 posts

196 months

Sunday 22nd May
quotequote all
Budweiser said:
flyer911 said:
I have recently ordered a GT4 and am in the fortunate position that I can pay for the car without using any form of finance. However the dealer is insisting that for GT car purchases finance must be used to pay for the car. At the current rate of 6% this will cost me money. Has anyone else who wished to pay the full amount outright for a GT car had this experience with their dealer?
I paid outright for mine. Absolutely no pressure from my OPC to take out finance.
Same for me - finance never mentioned again once I’d said I would be a cash buyer.

wilson45

10 posts

1 month

Monday 23rd May
quotequote all
SpyderMatt said:
Budweiser said:
flyer911 said:
I have recently ordered a GT4 and am in the fortunate position that I can pay for the car without using any form of finance. However the dealer is insisting that for GT car purchases finance must be used to pay for the car. At the current rate of 6% this will cost me money. Has anyone else who wished to pay the full amount outright for a GT car had this experience with their dealer?
I paid outright for mine. Absolutely no pressure from my OPC to take out finance.
Same for me - finance never mentioned again once I’d said I would be a cash buyer.
Hi first post here been hovering around a while but recently got a confirmed GT4 build date so super excited to see a dream start to become a reality! ... on the topic of financing this is interesting, my OPC (Edinburgh) never mentioned it but I asked for finance quotes anyway so I could work out all my options... and the finance guy definitely made a comment that "the reason you have got a slot is you indicated you would use financing..." As others have noted, my plan is take the financing and re-evaluate after a few months depending ... but just thought i would add that..

FYI build dates currently: mid June and delivery July. i think i got one of the last '22 specs. Fully expecting delays but we'll see. Hoping for a long Indian summer smile

kmpowell

2,337 posts

206 months

Monday 23rd May
quotequote all
Finally some positive news, the system shows my car went into production late last week as earlier indicated, so it should now be plain sailing from here on in. Expected delivery 1st July, but will probably be sooner (says my OPC) given how other cars have sped through the system once production is underway.

I'll believe it when I actually see a picture of it. biggrin

Zee Germanz

34 posts

72 months

Monday 23rd May
quotequote all
kmpowell said:
Finally some positive news, the system shows my car went into production late last week as earlier indicated, so it should now be plain sailing from here on in. Expected delivery 1st July, but will probably be sooner (says my OPC) given how other cars have sped through the system once production is underway.

I'll believe it when I actually see a picture of it. biggrin
Good news.

How much did yours slip by?

My build completion slipped from mid May to 12/07.

kmpowell

2,337 posts

206 months

Monday 23rd May
quotequote all
Zee Germanz said:
kmpowell said:
Finally some positive news, the system shows my car went into production late last week as earlier indicated, so it should now be plain sailing from here on in. Expected delivery 1st July, but will probably be sooner (says my OPC) given how other cars have sped through the system once production is underway.

I'll believe it when I actually see a picture of it. biggrin
Good news.

How much did yours slip by?

My build completion slipped from mid May to 12/07.
If mine is anything to go by then yours sounds about right, my CP8 (build completion) slipped from 11th March to 27th May, so a two month slippage.