Should I buy a Hurracan performante

Should I buy a Hurracan performante

Author
Discussion

s2000db

859 posts

105 months

Thursday 19th December 2019
quotequote all
Don’t worry about the steering system in the Performante, it’s been totally recalibrated and feels normal and intuitive.

AL001

801 posts

222 months

Thursday 19th December 2019
quotequote all
Buckets are fine for me over hours of driving and i prefer the Performante type to ones in GT3RS. Its all personal preference but glad i did my own pre-purchase check over what i had read from others with different taste to my own.

H4HOW

95 posts

139 months

Thursday 19th December 2019
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
At 6' a potential problem for you with the standard HP seats is that they sit too high..A lot of tall guys have problems with them especially with the rake of the windscreen and low header rail height..It might be better to go with the Carbon seats and compromise with a lumbar cushion to take the pressure off your lower back..
The Carbon racing seats in my 458 are brilliant even over long journeys but have backrest angle adjustment..The best seats i've ever sat in are the heated Carbon buckets fitted to the Ferrari 599 HGTE..They are wonderfully comfortable and supportive at the same time..The newer Carbon seats form Lambo,Macca etc are too extreme IMO but suit the character of these cars better..






Edited by Taffy66 on Thursday 19th December 18:21


Edited by Taffy66 on Thursday 19th December 18:22
I sat in a HP spyder with comfort seats and my head was touching the roof lining, eyes inline with the very top of the windscreen. It seems as though if your 6ft plus there is only one option, discomfort!

The longest journey I’ll do in it is likely to Le Mans and back so as long as I can cope with them for that journey it doesn’t matter I guess.

H4HOW

95 posts

139 months

Thursday 19th December 2019
quotequote all
LAM80W said:
If list price is £252k without Ad Personam paint it must be fully loaded with options, the advert doesn't list everything but from the pictures I can see it has a Style Pack, Lifting gear and the Reversing Camera (which are all expensive and sought after options)

The bucket seats are the only thing which is has against it, sitting in them and a short drive they seem great and i would recommend driving for at least an hour before you buy a car with them, some people love them but generally cars with them tend to be a fair bit cheaper, I specced one with bucket seats and on the 80 mile drive home from the dealer I regretted it.

Any second hand Performante I would personally get plugged in at a main dealer to check the mileage is accurate, the mileage is recorded at several different places so it's virtually impossible for someone to get away with clocking it.

I have spoken to Amari, he gave me lots of sound advice although I've never bought from him, I imagine he would have his own software to verify mileage anyway and I personally would buy from him if I was in the market for one.

The earlier cars sound better than the later cars in my opinion, you seem to get more "crackles".

Apologies my post is riddled with bad English but I can't be arsed to edit it again. haha



Edited by LAM80W on Wednesday 18th December 22:08


Edited by LAM80W on Wednesday 18th December 22:10
I’ve been sent the full spec, list on the vehicle it’s self was £239941.20. The total purchase price was almost 250 including NavTrac and registration etc. 33.5k on fitted options seems reasonable I guess.... Then again I’ve never bought or speced one before so could be completely wrong!



andymac01

92 posts

145 months

Friday 20th December 2019
quotequote all
H4HOW said:
Hi LAM80W,

Thanks for the response. I've read what people have said about the carbon seats and I have my concerns for sure. I sat in a HP two weeks ago for about a minute at Redline and immediately decided the carbon seats where a definite no. I visited Amari last week and sat in this one for about 5 minutes and didn’t think it was as bad as I had initially thought it was. My thinking is that it’s supposed to be a “track focused “version of the standard Huracan so I can’t justify expecting it to be as comfy. From what you’ve said it sounds as though I could end up regretting the carbon seats, I think an hour’s test drive sounds like a good idea. smile

He also has a purple HP, that has the comfort seats but it’s purple and has the Lamborghini Dynamic Steering package which I’ve not heard great things about despite it been speced on the Nurburgring lap time car used.

I'm 6 foot and weigh about 100k so the seats need to be right.




Edited by H4HOW on Thursday 19th December 15:45


Edited by H4HOW on Thursday 19th December 16:02
I am 6ft and similar size to you, I am longer in torso then legs and visibility and headroom is fine in coupe, spyder the roofline seems lower. The bucket seats are surprisingly good, I have the cushions (bought off a chap on here that sold his Perf and had not taken delivery of them yet) transforms the seat, they fo make you sit higher though..https://www.facebook.com/Hubbard-upholstery-728708293864280/

DrDaveWatford

81 posts

178 months

Friday 20th December 2019
quotequote all
I'm just over 6 foot and have an HP spyder with (adjustable) comfort seats. My head doesn't touch the roof and I don't have issues with the eyeline. I understand that these can be problematic for taller people with the (fixed) buckets, however.

H4HOW

95 posts

139 months

Friday 20th December 2019
quotequote all
andymac01 said:
I am 6ft and similar size to you, I am longer in torso then legs and visibility and headroom is fine in coupe, spyder the roofline seems lower. The bucket seats are surprisingly good, I have the cushions (bought off a chap on here that sold his Perf and had not taken delivery of them yet) transforms the seat, they fo make you sit higher though..https://www.facebook.com/Hubbard-upholstery-728708293864280/
Thanks for the info and the link, I’ll have a look at those!

H4HOW

95 posts

139 months

Friday 20th December 2019
quotequote all
DrDaveWatford said:
I'm just over 6 foot and have an HP spyder with (adjustable) comfort seats. My head doesn't touch the roof and I don't have issues with the eyeline. I understand that these can be problematic for taller people with the (fixed) buckets, however.
That’s interesting, I’ve heard of people to having to angle the back rest back in the comfort seats to fit in the HP spyder if your 6ft plus.

DrDaveWatford

81 posts

178 months

Saturday 21st December 2019
quotequote all
H4HOW said:
That’s interesting, I’ve heard of people to having to angle the back rest back in the comfort seats to fit in the HP spyder if your 6ft plus.
Last time out I was carrying a passenger who was 6' 4" or 6' 5". I was surprised that his head didn't touch the roof, although he did spend some time adjusting the seat to get comfortable.

Edited by DrDaveWatford on Saturday 21st December 17:50

430SD_LP640

29 posts

9 months

Saturday 21st December 2019
quotequote all
Ballistic said:
I’ve also been advised that the clocking of Huracan’s is rife at the moment.
not sure where you got this information from but I would say Huracan is arguably the last car you want to fiddle with. There are multiple sources of the information which are used by the factory to verify the milage. The actual milage is recorded by multiple chips, not just the main meter but also navigation system and telemetry unit (they still record total milage and average speed independently even you don't use them). In addition, the system also records how many times the user has filled the tank, the total life time the engine is on, the number of rotation each wheel has done, etc etc. it is extremely hard to manipulate all of these data. The official diagnostic system can easily highlight any data discrepancy. You can go to any dealership and run a diagnostic to verify the data integrity if you are buying a used huracan from specialists.

Edited by 430SD_LP640 on Saturday 21st December 23:09

LAM80W

766 posts

144 months

Saturday 21st December 2019
quotequote all
430SD_LP640 said:
not sure where you got this information from but I would say Huracan is arguably the last car you want to fiddle with. There are multiple sources of the information which are used by the factory to verify the milage. The actual milage is recorded by multiple chips, not just the main meter but also navigation system and telemetry unit (they still record total milage and average speed independently even you don't use them). In addition, the system also records how many times the user has filled the tank, the total life time the engine is on, the number of rotation each wheel has done, etc etc. it is extremely hard to manipulate all of these data. The official diagnostic system can easily highlight any data discrepancy. You can go to any dealership and run a diagnostic to verify the data integrity if you are buying a used huracan from specialists.

Edited by 430SD_LP640 on Saturday 21st December 23:09
Agreed, the mileage/data as you mentioned is recorded in so many places it’s almost impossible to get away with it- there was a yellow one in the trade which had the miles put back over 6000 miles.... the dealer had picked it up when take the car in on a part ex.

Ballistic

858 posts

212 months

Sunday 22nd December 2019
quotequote all
430SD_LP640 said:
not sure where you got this information from but I would say Huracan is arguably the last car you want to fiddle with. There are multiple sources of the information which are used by the factory to verify the milage. The actual milage is recorded by multiple chips, not just the main meter but also navigation system and telemetry unit (they still record total milage and average speed independently even you don't use them). In addition, the system also records how many times the user has filled the tank, the total life time the engine is on, the number of rotation each wheel has done, etc etc. it is extremely hard to manipulate all of these data. The official diagnostic system can easily highlight any data discrepancy. You can go to any dealership and run a diagnostic to verify the data integrity if you are buying a used huracan from specialists.

Edited by 430SD_LP640 on Saturday 21st December 23:09
LAM80W said:
Agreed, the mileage/data as you mentioned is recorded in so many places it’s almost impossible to get away with it- there was a yellow one in the trade which had the miles put back over 6000 miles.... the dealer had picked it up when take the car in on a part ex.
I was tipped off by a Lamborghini After Sales Manager.

It's because the cars mileage is recorded in so many places, that can't all be accessed by these mileage adjustment companies, that it's so easy to spot with the main dealer diagnostics.

BigR

153 posts

114 months

Tuesday 24th December 2019
quotequote all
DrDaveWatford said:
H4HOW said:
That’s interesting, I’ve heard of people to having to angle the back rest back in the comfort seats to fit in the HP spyder if your 6ft plus.
Last time out I was carrying a passenger who was 6' 4" or 6' 5". I was surprised that his head didn't touch the roof, although he did spend some time adjusting the seat to get comfortable.

Edited by DrDaveWatford on Saturday 21st December 17:50
Really? I'm just over 6ft and have a Spyder, and my head just brushes the roof. It's not greatly comfortable for more than a couple of hours, for sure. With the roof down of course it doesn't matter one jot. I have the comfort seats and the dealer can adjust them a fraction more from the factory settings. Overall its a bit of a pain, but a compromise I live with. I understand the coupe is a bit better.

As an aside, I sat in the SVJ coupe - dealer was trying to convince me it was ok, even thought my head was wedged, back wasn't on the seat etc... and I pointed out that if I braked hard I might break my neck. He didn't see the future repeat custom in the same way I did :-)

Stig

11,545 posts

236 months

Monday 24th February
quotequote all
BigR said:
DrDaveWatford said:
H4HOW said:
That’s interesting, I’ve heard of people to having to angle the back rest back in the comfort seats to fit in the HP spyder if your 6ft plus.
Last time out I was carrying a passenger who was 6' 4" or 6' 5". I was surprised that his head didn't touch the roof, although he did spend some time adjusting the seat to get comfortable.

Edited by DrDaveWatford on Saturday 21st December 17:50
Really? I'm just over 6ft and have a Spyder, and my head just brushes the roof. It's not greatly comfortable for more than a couple of hours, for sure. With the roof down of course it doesn't matter one jot. I have the comfort seats and the dealer can adjust them a fraction more from the factory settings. Overall its a bit of a pain, but a compromise I live with. I understand the coupe is a bit better.

As an aside, I sat in the SVJ coupe - dealer was trying to convince me it was ok, even thought my head was wedged, back wasn't on the seat etc... and I pointed out that if I braked hard I might break my neck. He didn't see the future repeat custom in the same way I did :-)
Having tried comforts and buckets in both the coupe and Spider, I'd take the comforts.

Definitely less legroom in the Spyder, but I gather there are a couple of rail spacers that can be removed from th rear to give another inch or so of adjustment?

Issue with the buckets for me wasn't so much comfort or padding, but that they sit you so upright? Again, I gather there's a modification to fit a spacer to the front mounts to tip them back a bit - that would help.

Back to the OP, I'm also on the hunt but prices are all over the place!

Ask for a mid-18/19 car is almost 200k for a decent spec, low mile example, but these are mostly SOR from what I can glean. Pricing needs correction IMHO. Owners are sat on them praying for an uplift otherwise they crystalise a loss. Dealers are doing their best to shore up market with unrealistic pricing.

Cars that are priced to see (not that there are many) do so and quite quickly.

Personally I think a low mile '18 car should be approx 170k and adjust down/up from there.

Not that I can find something that suits my requirements at present!! smile

SVJBalboni

88 posts

6 months

Monday 24th February
quotequote all
I have sport buckets in my SVJ and I find them more comfortable than the comfort seats. I also find the buckets give me slightly better leg room because you're sunk in whereas the comforts you're sitting a bit higher.

The other thing about comforts (had them on my Aventador and Huracan) was I didn't fit between the bolsters. I'm not fat but I have a wider frame so I would sit on the bolsters instead of fitting between them. It's a personal preference and comes down to your body type.

sone

4,428 posts

190 months

Tuesday 25th February
quotequote all
I've had sports seats in my coupe and now Comfort in my Spyder, found both to be fine however my Mrs hated the seats in the coupe, said they were torture. Gave me the ideal excuse to buy a spyder, being the good husband I am.