Been away a bit :)

Been away a bit :)

Author
Discussion

supermono

Original Poster:

7,368 posts

202 months

Saturday 23rd May
quotequote all
I sold my GT2 last year to help towards buying a new house and now I'm on the look out for either a scuderia or a regular 458 italia to replace it. Possibly a Porsche but that's for the other forum.

Thing is with this CV19 and impending doom and gloom, I want to pay the right market price. To help me with that I reckon it might be a good time to find a specialist buyer who can help me source the right car.

It feels like 130k ought just about to get a nice Italia or Scuderia, I see a few on the market at the moment.

But apart from a broker, what sort of options do folks on here find the most useful and which are a waste of time? What other buying advice do you guys have from practically running either car?

Cheers!

MDL111

4,491 posts

131 months

Saturday 23rd May
quotequote all
Can’t help you with your search, but make sure you find the transmission engaging enough. The F1 is much better than the DCT imo, but it is still a long way from the manual in the GT2 in terms of being engaging, esp at lower speeds (which realistically is most of the time if not on track or the autobahn)

av185

10,995 posts

81 months

Saturday 23rd May
quotequote all
Agree with MD the F1 458 is a great box although slightly behind Porsche PDK S imo.

Neither are as good as the 991.2 GT3 manual gearbox for interaction though which together with the GT4 is near perfection both of these even beating the feel of the superb boxes in the 911R and 911 Touring.

ANOpax

197 posts

120 months

Saturday 23rd May
quotequote all
av185 said:
Agree with MD the F1 458 is a great box although slightly behind Porsche PDK S imo.

Neither are as good as the 991.2 GT3 manual gearbox for interaction though which together with the GT4 is near perfection both of these even beating the feel of the superb boxes in the 911R and 911 Touring.
Love it. Can’t quite work out if I’m on the pork or Fezza forum biggrin

MDL111

4,491 posts

131 months

Saturday 23rd May
quotequote all
MDL111 said:
Can’t help you with your search, but make sure you find the transmission engaging enough. The F1 is much better than the DCT imo, but it is still a long way from the manual in the GT2 in terms of being engaging, esp at lower speeds (which realistically is most of the time if not on track or the autobahn)
To clarify I meant Ferrari DCT is less engaging / more boring than Ferrari Single-clutch in the Scuderia, but it is still no match for a manual.
perfect car imo is a Challenge Stradale or Scuderia converted to a 3-pedal setup (on the CS I think it costs c 10k GBP, don’t know on the Scuderia)

I paid 150k euros for my Scuderia (lhd) c 2.5 years ago, had c 50k km on the clock at the time, bought from a dealer with 2 years warranty - imo prices have come down since then

Regy53

28 posts

85 months

Saturday 23rd May
quotequote all
having followed this forum for a bit you are 1 of about 5 people waiting for a 458 price drop. That alone suggests it may be a while.

supermono

Original Poster:

7,368 posts

202 months

Sunday 24th May
quotequote all
to be fair I'm more waiting to have the money to buy one, and then to pay market value. At the current price they look pretty good value to be fair.

Regarding the gearbox, GT4 prices are basically huge spec cars available immediately effectively brand new for list or probably even below given how many there are and that's got to be a cracking proposition for a real drivers car

dereksharpuk

73 posts

122 months

Sunday 24th May
quotequote all
Regy53 said:
having followed this forum for a bit you are 1 of about 5 people waiting for a 458 price drop. That alone suggests it may be a while.
Yes, an interesting topic. Amazingly, 458 prices seem to be holding firm and there certainly is no glut of cars on the market. Maybe dealers are holding firm as this probably is just a blip. However, I suspect that many small businesses may eventually go under and the owner with a Ferrari may wish to sell to save his company. That will increase the number for sale but what effect on prices, who knows. I personally think 458 values will continue to hold strong.

Yes, I am one waiting for 458 Spider price reduction, but not holding my breath. Anyway, on lockdown so cannot drive it anyway. My poor F430 Spider has sat in the heated garage on a conditioner for ages. Time to venture out?

Edited by dereksharpuk on Sunday 24th May 12:33

Regy53

28 posts

85 months

Sunday 24th May
quotequote all
dereksharpuk said:
Yes, an interesting topic. Amazingly, 458 prices seem to be holding firm and there certainly is no glut of cars on the market. Maybe dealers are holding firm as this probably is just a blip. However, I suspect that many small businesses may eventually go under and the owner with a Ferrari may wish to sell to save his company. That will increase the number for sale but what effect on prices, who knows. I personally think 458 values will continue to hold strong.

Yes, I am one waiting for 458 Spider price reduction, but not holding my breath. Anyway, on lockdown so cannot drive it anyway. My poor F430 Spider has sat in the heated garage on a conditioner for ages. Time to venture out?

Edited by dereksharpuk on Sunday 24th May 12:33
Yes, and if 5 odd people on here waiting for a 458 drop then there are like 5x that at least out there doing the same. May be a game of who blinks first, or maybe they wont change much at all. I mean i can stomach a few grand decrease but 10% would be a hard one to swallow for a few months of waiting.

All the dealers i speak with are keeping their heads up and saying they dont see a change specifically with the 458 as its the last Nasp v8 Ferrari etc but then they are going to say that.. The main dealer i am looking with has listed two more this week alone and they are priced in line with the current models elsewhere aka no change at all


dvb247

257 posts

152 months

Sunday 24th May
quotequote all
I'm waiting to buy also for the same reasons, impending price collapse, after all not all the bad news is out yet, far more to come, that said, we now live in an instant, media saturated perpetual doom and gloom touting world, if its not another recession, banks wrapping up dodgy houses and other people debt and selling on for vast profits, it's Brexit, covid19, oil wars, Arab uprisings, bush fires, deforestation, sea water levels, melting ice caps, government corruption, green house gases.......need i go on
:-D
Think I may wait a while longer for that 458 :-D