Insurance

Insurance

Author
Discussion

LindsayMac

Original Poster:

562 posts

174 months

Friday 12th November
quotequote all
I have been with Mannings for many a good year.
Just been quoted over £1800 for a 458, 9 years plus NCB. No accidents, my R8 was £600 or so in 2019.

Who are folks using as I am reluctant to go multi-car. I have the Radical for track so no need for track insurance

F355GTS

3,657 posts

227 months

Friday 12th November
quotequote all
I've been with Chubb Masterpiece for years but just changed to Zurich, organised it through A plan private clients, cover almost identical with all the important bits and saving over £2.5k a year across 3 cars and home cover

stimshady

1,291 posts

159 months

Sunday 14th November
quotequote all
LindsayMac said:
I have been with Mannings for many a good year.
Just been quoted over £1800 for a 458, 9 years plus NCB. No accidents, my R8 was £600 or so in 2019.

Who are folks using as I am reluctant to go multi-car. I have the Radical for track so no need for track insurance
Have you tried Locktons?

R8Reece

1,249 posts

61 months

Sunday 14th November
quotequote all
NFU Mutual are often mentioned on here for agreed values etc.

Admiral, at the cheaper end of the market, are also used by many on here however can’t recall many Ferrari owners using them.

Spleen

4,228 posts

93 months

Sunday 14th November
quotequote all
stimshady said:
Have you tried Locktons?
That's who I'm with, bit more expensive but a belting policy.

Fast Eddie

310 posts

217 months

Sunday 14th November
quotequote all
R8Reece said:
NFU Mutual are often mentioned on here for agreed values etc.

Admiral, at the cheaper end of the market, are also used by many on here however can’t recall many Ferrari owners using them.
Beware of Admiral, as has been noted many times on here, you will struggle to obtain an agreed value from them which is crucial if a catastrophic incident occurs.

lambo666

313 posts

90 months

Sunday 14th November
quotequote all
I have just written this on the other thread, but also valid here.

Aventador S, 600 LT Spider and S63 amg cab, all insured through admiral.
Just to note I had 2 very large claims last year with them, and both were sorted professionally and promptly.
Above a certain claim limit, you deal with an underwriter directly (not a telesales dummy).
As a group, Admiral made massive profits last year during lockdown (less accidents, and theft claims, as no one on the road etc).
When my fathers S63 Coupe was written off, there was no nonsense regarding options/extras on the car etc,
simply a conversation with an underwriter confirming owners, milage and condition of the car, and current market values of other cars simular to ours listed for sale on autotrader etc.
I am just a customer that had actually had to claim through them, with real world experience, rather than some mis-information
I have read on here in the past.
Sadly if I change cars next year I will be leaving admiral, simply as they will not insure any single car worth over 250k.

blueSL

486 posts

198 months

Monday 15th November
quotequote all
I have 4 cars insured with Admiral, one £280k, less than £500 pa for that one. However, I have an 812 GTS coming and I know they won’t cover that.

The trouble with people like Locktons is the policy can give you more than you need and you pay dearly for it.

Other insurers such as LV won’t touch Ferrari at all but I have two GT3s insured with them for £250 each.

Rari

92 posts

167 months

Monday 15th November
quotequote all
Lockton for me. I wouldn’t go anywhere else. Personal manager, easy to renew and lots of benefits. They insure my DBS and 458 and were amazing when I sadly had to claim for my 355 spider (written off in May this year). No quibble, paid out very quickly and at market value. That’s when you know it was worth paying a little more should the unthinkable happen to your pride and joy.

lambo666

313 posts

90 months

Monday 15th November
quotequote all
Really!! - I will call them next week, thanks Blue SL.

Spleen

4,228 posts

93 months

Tuesday 16th November
quotequote all
blueSL said:
I have 4 cars insured with Admiral, one £280k, less than £500 pa for that one. However, I have an 812 GTS coming and I know they won’t cover that.

The trouble with people like Locktons is the policy can give you more than you need and you pay dearly for it.

Other insurers such as LV won’t touch Ferrari at all but I have two GT3s insured with them for £250 each.
When I went through the rigmarole of insuring my F430 I found an epically cheap quote with one of the 'dailies' but my spidey senses went off the scale so rang them just to make sure. The plank on the other end just couldn't/wouldn't understand that the car would be stored in a secure facility and not at my address. So it's an Army base then? No. It's a secure car park? No, it's more than a car park. It's a shed? No it's not a fecking shed and on it went. Eventually gets his supervisor who's equally nonplussed at which point I gave up. Rang Locktons, explained where it was stored who got it straight away. That was worth the price alone, to know that they knew what I was talking about. Insurance for track days and European cover sealed the deal. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

blueSL

486 posts

198 months

Tuesday 16th November
quotequote all
Yes, I had similar when I wanted to check if a service loaner is covered on my Admiral policy and they wanted me to call them on each occasion in advance with the car details and charge me for the cover and policy change. I don't think so. The people are indeed cretinous.

LindsayMac

Original Poster:

562 posts

174 months

Friday 19th November
quotequote all
Thanks for all the comments, I have had a good quote from Lockton, good policy for the money.
Waiting on one more quote before I pull the trigger

Spleen

4,228 posts

93 months

Friday 19th November
quotequote all
blueSL said:
Yes, I had similar when I wanted to check if a service loaner is covered on my Admiral policy and they wanted me to call them on each occasion in advance with the car details and charge me for the cover and policy change. I don't think so. The people are indeed cretinous.
I sort of understood thew 'computer says no mentality' but when I explained exactly what I was on about the bloke himself said that he'd never heard of such a thing, storing a car in a secure compound.

mrpseudonym

243 posts

88 months

Saturday 20th November
quotequote all
Spleen said:
I sort of understood thew 'computer says no mentality' but when I explained exactly what I was on about the bloke himself said that he'd never heard of such a thing, storing a car in a secure compound.
Good grief.. that is not a very sophisticated insurer then. My spidey senses would have gone off too. Where I am secure storage facilities for high priced vehicles translates to a *significantly* lower insurance premium because the car and its keys are geographically separated…so theft is a much lower risk than in your home garage

LindsayMac

Original Poster:

562 posts

174 months

Thursday 25th November
quotequote all
Looking most likely I will be going with Lockton as they are fairly priced (not cheap) but offer great cover. Don't plan on many track days as I have a Radical for that but who do folks use for the 1 off track day you might do.

Would be lovely to take it to a nice open track like Spa, behave and enjoy the car.