Le Mans Concert Wednesday Thursday & Saturday

Le Mans Concert Wednesday Thursday & Saturday

Author
Discussion

Printertosh

Original Poster:

463 posts

97 months

Thursday 26th April
quotequote all
They've announced the bands for the included free concert:

Wednesday: Arcadian - 21.00hrs

Thursday: Dr Feelgood - 21.00hrs

Saturday: Texas - 22.40hrs

https://www.lemans.org/en/news/24-heures-du-mans-2...

Just saying wink

99dndd

817 posts

18 months

Thursday 26th April
quotequote all
Texas would be good. Haven't heard of the other 2.

StevieBee

6,414 posts

184 months

Thursday 26th April
quotequote all
99dndd said:
Texas would be good. Haven't heard of the other 2.
I'll forgive you not knowing Arcadian!

Dr Feelgood: From Canvey Island. Definition of a pub-band made good - stalwarts of the British pub rock / R&B revolution of the late 70s / early 80s. Even if that's not your thing, drop by and give them a listen. They lost the front man (Lee Brilleaux) many years ago sadly, but are still a class act.

LeMans is a multi-national event but I guarantee when you are stood there, you'll feel as if you're in the beer garden of a skanky Southend pub on bank holiday weekend! :-)

And if you can find it, watch the film Oil City Confidential.


FredericRobinson

1,406 posts

161 months

Thursday 26th April
quotequote all
There's no original members left in Feelgood are there? Glad to hear the current lot are good though, might have to go too one of the gigs for the 2nd time in 16 years. I'm seeing Wilko in Glasgow next week, with Hugh Cornwell, The Stranglers being the other band I've seen at Le Mans funnily enough.

StevieBee

6,414 posts

184 months

Thursday 26th April
quotequote all
FredericRobinson said:
There's no original members left in Feelgood are there? Glad to hear the current lot are good though, might have to go too one of the gigs for the 2nd time in 16 years. I'm seeing Wilko in Glasgow next week, with Hugh Cornwell, The Stranglers being the other band I've seen at Le Mans funnily enough.
Yeah - more a sort of really good tribute band with current members overlapping the presence of past ones.
Advertisement

Quickmoose

3,702 posts

52 months

Thursday 26th April
quotequote all
I thought Jamiroquai were playing?

99dndd

817 posts

18 months

Thursday 26th April
quotequote all
I might have to give them a listen then. It's going to by my 1st Le Mans so trying to catch as much of the sights and sounds as possible.

FredericRobinson

1,406 posts

161 months

Thursday 26th April
quotequote all
Quickmoose said:
I thought Jamiroquai were playing?
That's on the Friday night in the football ground, ticketed separately.

Quickmoose

3,702 posts

52 months

Thursday 26th April
quotequote all
FredericRobinson said:
Quickmoose said:
I thought Jamiroquai were playing?
That's on the Friday night in the football ground, ticketed separately.
ah...ta

ClockworkDog

103 posts

49 months

Friday 27th April
quotequote all
Are they supporting Foregone Conclusion? I'm sure Texas couldn't run and manage a successful paper merchants.

LawRo86

32 posts

39 months

Friday 27th April
quotequote all
ClockworkDog said:
Are they supporting Foregone Conclusion? I'm sure Texas couldn't run and manage a successful paper merchants.
And I'm sure I couldn't do what they......actually I could do what they do, and I think they knew that back then; probably what spurred them on.

DS240

2,482 posts

147 months

Wednesday 16th May
quotequote all
Looks like sales for Jamiroqui didn’t go to plan....

Concert now to be held in circuit on the Friday with GE ticket giving access.

Tickets bought separately for concert in arena to be refunded.