Radio ear defenders

Radio ear defenders

Author
Discussion

early_911

Original Poster:

43 posts

133 months

Wednesday 31st October
quotequote all
I have a pair of these (would recommend them) and needed a second pair. Virtually the same as the £90 ones they were selling at the circuit, but for £20. Thought I'd share . . .
https://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Radio-Ear-Defenders/...

wsn03

454 posts

36 months

Wednesday 31st October
quotequote all
Thsnk.you. My stepson wants a set, they look perfect. I'll pass because im bringing a big group this year who will no doubt want to chat

DS240

2,602 posts

153 months

Thursday 1st November
quotequote all
We’ve bought cheaper versions for people coming for a one off Le Mans trip. We found them to be a bit fragile and not the best reception quality. Though I don’t think any of them were the one you are showing.

Those who come regularly have Peltor versions. Found them to be bomb proof. Cost that bit extra, but if you’re going every year I’d recommend them.

wsn03

454 posts

36 months

Thursday 1st November
quotequote all
DS240 said:
We’ve bought cheaper versions for people coming for a one off Le Mans trip. We found them to be a bit fragile and not the best reception quality. Though I don’t think any of them were the one you are showing.

Those who come regularly have Peltor versions. Found them to be bomb proof. Cost that bit extra, but if you’re going every year I’d recommend them.
ive heard the Clas Olson ones are strong...should be ok for my stepson on his one-off Le Mans trip...if necessary I'll upgrade him to Peltor when he's a bit older

wsn03

454 posts

36 months

Thursday 1st November
quotequote all
DS240 said:
We’ve bought cheaper versions for people coming for a one off Le Mans trip. We found them to be a bit fragile and not the best reception quality. Though I don’t think any of them were the one you are showing.

Those who come regularly have Peltor versions. Found them to be bomb proof. Cost that bit extra, but if you’re going every year I’d recommend them.
Screwfix have Peltor at 26 quid, thousands of top reviews. Think I'll buy them! Thanks

Advertisement

//j17

3,047 posts

158 months

Friday 2nd November
quotequote all
Can't say I can find any Peltor FM radio ear defenders on the Screwfix site, let alone for £26?

wsn03

454 posts

36 months

Friday 2nd November
quotequote all
//j17 said:
Can't say I can find any Peltor FM radio ear defenders on the Screwfix site, let alone for £26?
My error, they were just ear defenders not with radio

Output Flange

16,147 posts

146 months

Tuesday 6th November
quotequote all
I went with a pair of Howard Leight ear defenders with 3.5mm input. That way I just plug my radio into it, but can still use my radio with normal headphones when not in the grandstand.

wsn03

454 posts

36 months

Tuesday 6th November
quotequote all
early_911 said:
I have a pair of these (would recommend them) and needed a second pair. Virtually the same as the £90 ones they were selling at the circuit, but for £20. Thought I'd share . . .
https://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Radio-Ear-Defenders/...
Just ordered set for my stepson - the reviews are excellent

Thank you