Le Mans Best Stickered up cars thread

Le Mans Best Stickered up cars thread

Author
Discussion

Joe5y

Original Poster:

1,074 posts

124 months

Wednesday 1st May
quotequote all
Hi all,

Since going to Le Mans each year I see and more importantly really appreciate the effort put in by many and it got me thinking;

A thread with all the photos of cars together would be awesome smile

I will meet and supply a crate of beer for the most voted car. (I'm staying in Bleu Nord next to the Pistonheads camp last year).

Lets see your cars and stickers smile

Rules;

1. One vote per person.
2. I will count votes and contact the winner on Wednesday 12th.
3. You can't vote for your own vehicle.
4. All cars must be for this years Le Mans (2019).
5. All vehicles considered.
6. Must be a road going vehicle travelling to Le Mans (Not one of the race cars!)

jiggerj60

72 posts

112 months

Friday 3rd May
quotequote all


I'll go first then, my entry was created for le mans last year but is back again this year

Man-At-Arms

5,286 posts

120 months

Thursday 9th May
quotequote all
saw this on the way into work this morning
does it count as stickered up ?


David W.

1,380 posts

150 months

Saturday 11th May
quotequote all
Ive made a slow start!

fog66

368 posts

139 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
Is this just a sign of the times that not many are ‘stickering’ up or is it a pistonheads forum fall off issue?

Used to be that the world and his wife would reply to a thread like this.


Advertisement

giveitfish

3,182 posts

155 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
I just don’t think they’re as big a thing as 10 years ago, even on the busy years you don’t see so many now.

JJ55

424 posts

56 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
If this thread had run the last couple of years I think there would be plenty of posts already. However this year the forum generally seems very quiet on the Le Mans front.

Joe5y

Original Poster:

1,074 posts

124 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
I fear I may have gone a bit OTT this year then... wink

fog66

368 posts

139 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
Joe5y said:
I fear I may have gone a bit OTT this year then... wink
Naaaa, go big or go home, that’s my motto. I love seeing peoples cars dressed up, it adds to the occasion.




DoubleD

7,727 posts

49 months

Monday 13th May
quotequote all
It is good fun to see

Joe5y

Original Poster:

1,074 posts

124 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
fog66 said:
Joe5y said:
I fear I may have gone a bit OTT this year then... wink
Naaaa, go big or go home, that’s my motto. I love seeing peoples cars dressed up, it adds to the occasion.
Well with exactly 1 month until I leave it was always the plan to have our vehicle finished to make sure it’ll be reliable enough to make it....

It’s now finished...





I’m not a taxi driver; this has been bought specifically for Le Mans. 393,000, 1 careful owner!


Nosynchro

163 posts

88 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Great effort. Practical load Lugger too

RobbyJ

771 posts

163 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Joe5y said:
fog66 said:
Joe5y said:
I fear I may have gone a bit OTT this year then... wink
Naaaa, go big or go home, that’s my motto. I love seeing peoples cars dressed up, it adds to the occasion.
Well with exactly 1 month until I leave it was always the plan to have our vehicle finished to make sure it’ll be reliable enough to make it....

It’s now finished...





I’m not a taxi driver; this has been bought specifically for Le Mans. 393,000, 1 careful owner!
Hahahahaha, the Fake Taxi joke wasn’t lost on me! Great channel wink

The stickers for the 3 cars in our group were ordered yesterday, mine was a custom order as I wanted them statin silver on my black car, should look nice if subtle compared to some of the efforts already.

Doofus

9,024 posts

114 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
RobbyJ said:
The stickers for the 3 cars in our group were ordered yesterday, mine was a custom order as I wanted them statin silver on my black car, should look nice if subtle compared to some of the efforts already.
I hope the cost of custom stickers didn't give you a heart attack.

RobbyJ

771 posts

163 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Only a custom colour for Stickers4 not custom stickers, I asked about them once and never again!

We’re basically doing this again but my S7 has now been upgraded to a black RS7 and I thought it would look nice with satin silver stickers.


Frimley111R

9,561 posts

175 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
RobbyJ said:
Hahahahaha, the Fake Taxi joke wasn’t lost on me! Great channel wink
hehewink

sgtBerbatov

1,211 posts

22 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
RobbyJ said:
Joe5y said:
fog66 said:
Joe5y said:
I fear I may have gone a bit OTT this year then... wink
Naaaa, go big or go home, that’s my motto. I love seeing peoples cars dressed up, it adds to the occasion.
Well with exactly 1 month until I leave it was always the plan to have our vehicle finished to make sure it’ll be reliable enough to make it....

It’s now finished...





I’m not a taxi driver; this has been bought specifically for Le Mans. 393,000, 1 careful owner!
Hahahahaha, the Fake Taxi joke wasn’t lost on me! Great channel wink

The stickers for the 3 cars in our group were ordered yesterday, mine was a custom order as I wanted them statin silver on my black car, should look nice if subtle compared to some of the efforts already.
I just hope the passengers have enough to cover the fare...

Gemaeden

115 posts

56 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Just as a reminder. Here's the one that started it all off in the late 1980's


wsn03

574 posts

42 months

Tuesday 14th May
quotequote all
Very low key so far...2 of these on the Passatt to get me down to the Moto 24. They're trying to peel themselves off, hopefully stay on long enough for the big event.

Soon to have a lot more added as my mates drive it as the support car, as is the XKR which I will be driving for the majority of the trip

EDIT - why is that sideways, and how do I fix it? Even uploading a pic on its side doesnt fix it

Edited by wsn03 on Tuesday 14th May 14:47


Edited by wsn03 on Tuesday 14th May 15:01


Edited by wsn03 on Tuesday 14th May 15:02

stubert_

7 posts

24 months

Wednesday 15th May
quotequote all
Got the stickers on Monday so will hopefully be fitting them next weekend biggrin