Lots of brand new Porsches immediately available

Lots of brand new Porsches immediately available

Author
Discussion

Vroomer

Original Poster:

1,865 posts

180 months

Monday 30th January 2023
quotequote all
Lots of the ridiculously over-specced and over-priced cars have sold. Who would have thought there was a buyer for an Orange base Macan at £70k?

Grantstown

967 posts

87 months

Monday 30th January 2023
quotequote all
Vroomer said:
Lots of the ridiculously over-specced and over-priced cars have sold. Who would have thought there was a buyer for an Orange base Macan at £70k?
Maybe it’s now a demonstrator?

Grantstown

967 posts

87 months

Monday 30th January 2023
quotequote all
Grantstown said:
Maybe it’s now a demonstrator?
…or Mr Tango was after a new car for his wife?

GT4P

5,201 posts

185 months

Tuesday 31st January 2023
quotequote all
How do you know any of the above have actually sold? Cars often disappear only to reappear a little later at a different OPC.

J210

4,508 posts

183 months

Thursday 2nd February 2023
quotequote all
I assume it's still near enough impossible to get a "discount" on the Porsche. Dad is after a hybrid Cayenne and a few in stock fit the bill

911hope

2,691 posts

26 months

Thursday 2nd February 2023
quotequote all
P. ONeill said:
I have a 3.8 981 cayman GT4, a 4.0 718 GTS Boxster and a 2.5 718 Cayman GTS. The 2.5 is my favourite all rounder. It’s a great car and gets by far the most use. People are very quick to dismiss the four pot engine, usually those that haven’t driven one.
Interesting that you prefer the 2.5 GTS.

I've often wondered if these would actually be better than the NA 4.0 that replaced it, and all the journalists rave about.

I drove a 718 4.0 GTS and found the experience didn't quite match the hype.

av185

18,498 posts

127 months

Thursday 2nd February 2023
quotequote all
^^^^Try a GT4 for the sweetspot.

rkwm1

1,476 posts

102 months

Thursday 9th February 2023
quotequote all
Up to 79 now. Mainly Cayennes and Taycan.....rest will follow soon though!

rkwm1

1,476 posts

102 months

Thursday 9th February 2023
quotequote all
J210 said:
I assume it's still near enough impossible to get a "discount" on the Porsche. Dad is after a hybrid Cayenne and a few in stock fit the bill
Make an offer....they can only say no!

webstercivet

457 posts

74 months

Thursday 9th February 2023
quotequote all
rkwm1 said:
Up to 79 now. Mainly Cayennes and Taycan.....rest will follow soon though!
Including seven Taycans at Edinburgh!

Grantstown

967 posts

87 months

Friday 10th February 2023
quotequote all
I’ve had a look at the Taycans as I have a deposit down to replace mine, but I haven’t heard a peep about a build slot. Most of them are ridiculously over specced, so I suspect there could be some negotiation room, but I think I’m leaning towards keeping mine now, particularly as it’s been a trouble free car. I have faith (not objectively proven) that there are good trouble free cars and ones that are just wrong-uns!

bennno

11,586 posts

269 months

Saturday 11th February 2023
quotequote all

Called round this week- was offered a choice of 992 GTS Targa and convertible all spec'd to the 9's, a Macan T, a GT4 build slot for April, a choice of two Cayman GTS (both showroom cars and high spec). DM me if anybody would like the details.....

Vroomer

Original Poster:

1,865 posts

180 months

Saturday 11th February 2023
quotequote all
I wonder if this is a new sales strategy...build lots of massively over-specced cars and make them immediately available as an alternative to a long wait for a sensibly specced car.

bennno

11,586 posts

269 months

Saturday 11th February 2023
quotequote all
Vroomer said:
I wonder if this is a new sales strategy...build lots of massively over-specced cars and make them immediately available as an alternative to a long wait for a sensibly specced car.
The 992 GTS were both 155-160 and the Cayman GTS were both nudging 90k one with PTS and the other with 918 buckets....

breadvan

1,991 posts

168 months

Saturday 11th February 2023
quotequote all
Vroomer said:
I wonder if this is a new sales strategy...build lots of massively over-specced cars and make them immediately available as an alternative to a long wait for a sensibly specced car.
It’s been working well in the US for years.

AJAYE2015

186 posts

123 months

Sunday 12th February 2023
quotequote all
bennno said:
Called round this week- was offered a choice of 992 GTS Targa and convertible all spec'd to the 9's, a Macan T, a GT4 build slot for April, a choice of two Cayman GTS (both showroom cars and high spec). DM me if anybody would like the details.....
I rang a few myself but not been offered any 992
im not after a gas tho
More like an S

LamedonM

419 posts

42 months

Sunday 12th February 2023
quotequote all
911hope said:
P. ONeill said:
I have a 3.8 981 cayman GT4, a 4.0 718 GTS Boxster and a 2.5 718 Cayman GTS. The 2.5 is my favourite all rounder. It’s a great car and gets by far the most use. People are very quick to dismiss the four pot engine, usually those that haven’t driven one.
Interesting that you prefer the 2.5 GTS.

I've often wondered if these would actually be better than the NA 4.0 that replaced it, and all the journalists rave about.

I drove a 718 4.0 GTS and found the experience didn't quite match the hype.
I recently part exchanged my highly option 718S for 718GT4. I am happy with my purchase and really enjoying it and it is another experience altogether but seriously missing my Cayman S. The Cayman S lasted less than 3 days on the dealer forecourt before it got another buyer whilst their other 718GTS 4.0 had not found any interested buyers. (2022 make, only 2000 miles on the odometer and one previous owner for £62,000.00 or so)

The four pot 718 Caymans especially 2.5L should be seen as just another group of Caymans and not mentally compared to the Flat 6 engined ones. They just sound different not worse. They have louder exhaust in Sport mode. I think it is just a Porsche enthusiasts’ thing as there a lot of other cars with 4 pots that get rave reviews and followers e.g GR Yaris 3 pots, Alpine A110 4 pots. Apart from sounds, being different, there is nothing to separate 2.5L GTS and 4.0L GTS in terms of performance

I am sure, I would have regretted it, if I had bought 4.0L GTS because it would not have felt that special enough for the jump

Mind you there is a YouTube video where a 2.5L GTS PDK dusted a GT4 on Nurburgring. I know it is driver dependent but it also shows the performance and ability of the 4 pot Caymans/boxters




Edited by LamedonM on Sunday 12th February 15:21

mabosh

300 posts

186 months

Sunday 12th February 2023
quotequote all
LamedonM said:
I recently part exchanged my highly option 718S for 718GT4. I am happy with my purchase and really enjoying it and it is another experience altogether but seriously missing my Cayman S. The Cayman S lasted less than 3 days on the dealer forecourt before it got another buyer whilst their other 718GTS 4.0 had not found any interested buyers. (2022 make, only 2000 miles on the odometer and one previous owner for £62,000.00 or so).


Edited by LamedonM on Sunday 12th February 15:21
The cheapest 2022 718 4.0 on the Porsche website is £75k and the cheapest full-stop is £67k. Not sure where your 2022 £62k car is.

WG

1,012 posts

126 months

Sunday 12th February 2023
quotequote all
LamedonM said:
I recently part exchanged my highly option 718S for 718GT4. I am happy with my purchase and really enjoying it and it is another experience altogether but seriously missing my Cayman S. The Cayman S lasted less than 3 days on the dealer forecourt before it got another buyer whilst their other 718GTS 4.0 had not found any interested buyers. (2022 make, only 2000 miles on the odometer and one previous owner for £62,000.00 or so)

The four pot 718 Caymans especially 2.5L should be seen as just another group of Caymans and not mentally compared to the Flat 6 engined ones. They just sound different not worse. They have louder exhaust in Sport mode. I think it is just a Porsche enthusiasts’ thing as there a lot of other cars with 4 pots that get rave reviews and followers e.g GR Yaris 3 pots, Alpine A110 4 pots. Apart from sounds, being different, there is nothing to separate 2.5L GTS and 4.0L GTS in terms of performance

I am sure, I would have regretted it, if I had bought 4.0L GTS because it would not have felt that special enough for the jump

Mind you there is a YouTube video where a 2.5L GTS PDK dusted a GT4 on Nurburgring. I know it is driver dependent but it also shows the performance and ability of the 4 pot Caymans/boxters




Edited by LamedonM on Sunday 12th February 15:21
I couldn’t agree more. I had a four cylinder 718 Boxster GTS which I changed for a six cylinder Spyder. They are both great cars but very different in character. I have to say I miss the deeper exhaust sound of the GTS but the sound of the Spyder above 4000rpm is something else. The only problem is the speed you are doing when you get there!

ferdi p

1,519 posts

172 months

Sunday 12th February 2023
quotequote all
bennno said:
The 992 GTS were both 155-160 and the Cayman GTS were both nudging 90k one with PTS and the other with 918 buckets....
Which dealer? Wouldn't mind a Targa GTS if its the right colour