Cerbera Best Pic

Cerbera Best Pic

Author
Discussion

Byker28i

41,861 posts

194 months

Tuesday 1st March
quotequote all
Apart from our MX-5's which have both been bullet proof, we've owned two japanese cars in the same time, both have needed engine rebuilds.

Nissan Primera - at the first service they forgot to put the oil in before the road test and then tried to cover it up. Weird really as it had a full Nissan warranty, which resulted in a brand new crate engine, clutch (because they got oil over it), and exhaust system as they tried to claim the cats had disintegrated and sucked bit into the engine...

Or our Mazda 6 estate, which was one of the batch that had faulty hardened camshafts, that disintegrated somewhere between 25k-35k miles and put swarf into the engine. Ours went for a service and the dealer handed it back like it was in limp home mode. New top half of the engine, turbo, brake servo. 10 months later the turbo went because they hadn't flushed the engine correctly and they found more damage to the engine, resulting in a new crate engine, turbo... etc...

I've had a clutch go, fingers broke, but still drove it home. The immobiliser fail which was the only time it was recovered, and then the rebuild for outriggers and engine rebuild, most of which you accept on a 25 year old TVR would need doing at some point.

Properly looked after, the TVR unreliability is a myth

Byker28i

41,861 posts

194 months

Tuesday 1st March
quotequote all
Joshandcars said:
First pic, the car is so reflective that it's worth remembering looking for photo opportunities from this

pottman

315 posts

232 months

Tuesday 1st March
quotequote all


Summers coming ...

hippy

yoichi

233 posts

120 months

Tuesday 1st March
quotequote all

Umihotaru parking area,Chiba

DuncanM

4,887 posts

256 months

Tuesday 1st March
quotequote all
Byker28i said:
Apart from our MX-5's which have both been bullet proof, we've owned two japanese cars in the same time, both have needed engine rebuilds.

Nissan Primera - at the first service they forgot to put the oil in before the road test and then tried to cover it up. Weird really as it had a full Nissan warranty, which resulted in a brand new crate engine, clutch (because they got oil over it), and exhaust system as they tried to claim the cats had disintegrated and sucked bit into the engine...

Or our Mazda 6 estate, which was one of the batch that had faulty hardened camshafts, that disintegrated somewhere between 25k-35k miles and put swarf into the engine. Ours went for a service and the dealer handed it back like it was in limp home mode. New top half of the engine, turbo, brake servo. 10 months later the turbo went because they hadn't flushed the engine correctly and they found more damage to the engine, resulting in a new crate engine, turbo... etc...

I've had a clutch go, fingers broke, but still drove it home. The immobiliser fail which was the only time it was recovered, and then the rebuild for outriggers and engine rebuild, most of which you accept on a 25 year old TVR would need doing at some point.

Properly looked after, the TVR unreliability is a myth
Yep, just look at E46 BMW M3 engine issues, + rear subframes rusting, Porsche water cooled engine issues etc.

TVRs have issues sure, but they make a better buy than most performance cars of the same era, especially as the GRP bodies will stay looking gorgeous with the slightest of care compared to metal.

If anything, TVRs are undervalued, especially the AJP8 and S6 engined ones, which should be considered as very special, when compared to mass produced cars.


FarmyardPants

3,888 posts

195 months

Wednesday 2nd March
quotequote all
yoichi said:

Umihotaru parking area,Chiba
Great shot!

Byker28i

41,861 posts

194 months

Monday 25th April
quotequote all
Drive it day

DuncanM

4,887 posts

256 months

Monday 25th April
quotequote all
Byker28i said:
Drive it day
Very nice cool

Byker28i

41,861 posts

194 months

Monday 25th April
quotequote all
I went to Bicester Scramble on Saturday and forgot to take any pics... frown

Mr Cerbera

4,838 posts

207 months

Monday 25th April
quotequote all
FarmyardPants said:
yoichi said:

Umihotaru parking area,Chiba
Great shot!
Agreed ! thumbup
(One for my Alba wink )

Byker28i

41,861 posts

194 months

Monday 25th April
quotequote all
Car parks you say...


I think this car park has been demolished now. It used to have great acoustics as you drove upto the top at night when it was empty...

DuncanM

4,887 posts

256 months

Monday 25th April
quotequote all


My favourite pic from this year so far. It's been so nice getting out in it, lots of little tasks to do, but running beautifully.

Davo23

312 posts

129 months

Tuesday 26th April
quotequote all
Took this morning in the sunshine


giorgio01

80 posts

176 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all




Edited by giorgio01 on Saturday 14th May 06:44

robsco

7,394 posts

153 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
Davo23 said:
Took this morning in the sunshine

That is sublime. Single headlamps, RL7s, no private plate, orange indicators. Pure!

cerb4.5lee

22,779 posts

157 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
This thread makes me properly miss mine. Some cracking photos on here. thumbup

ukkid35

5,736 posts

150 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all


It's a late apex, promise!

Davo23

312 posts

129 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
robsco said:
That is sublime. Single headlamps, RL7s, no private plate, orange indicators. Pure!
Thank you. Yes, I wanted to have one as original as possible. When I bought it it had decals on and different colour wheels so I have put it all back to standard.

I'm a purest and this is what I think of when I think of a cerb.

DuncanM

4,887 posts

256 months

Sunday 15th May
quotequote all
Davo23 said:
Thank you. Yes, I wanted to have one as original as possible. When I bought it it had decals on and different colour wheels so I have put it all back to standard.

I'm a purest and this is what I think of when I think of a cerb.
My Cerb is the same but in green smile




Surprised my friend in it yesterday as he hadn't seen it for years!

ukkid35

5,736 posts

150 months

Sunday 15th May
quotequote all
DuncanM said:
Surprised my friend in it yesterday as he hadn't seen it for years!
Good to hear you're enjoying the car at last, well deserved