Supercars Spotted Thread

Supercars Spotted Thread

Author
Discussion

AutoXotica

2 posts

23 months

Friday 31st August 2018
quotequote all
Nissan GT-R supercar or not?

Animal

4,617 posts

223 months

Friday 7th September 2018
quotequote all
Spotted an SL65 Black Series on Lime Street a little while ago. Looked fantastic!

Superleg48

952 posts

88 months

Friday 7th September 2018
quotequote all
AutoXotica said:
Nissan GT-R supercar or not?
PlayStation on wheels.

epom

6,880 posts

116 months

Saturday 8th September 2018
quotequote all
Animal said:
Spotted an SL65 Black Series on Lime Street a little while ago. Looked fantastic!
Such a muscular looking car. Love em.

knight

5,060 posts

234 months

Saturday 30th March 2019
quotequote all
Saw my first Lamborghini Urus the other day with Peter Saywell driving, it had the number plate off one of his Koenigseggs.

hungry_hog

1,164 posts

143 months

Sunday 2nd February
quotequote all
Yellow/black Avendator in Hampstead Garden Suburb last weekend. Not many of those in these parts despite the price of the houses

zondaboy

95 posts

93 months

Saturday 22nd February
quotequote all
A cracking Carrera GT on Monaco plates in Belgravia:






moneymakestheworldgoaround

3,954 posts

130 months

Saturday 22nd February
quotequote all
zondaboy said:
A cracking Carrera GT on Monaco plates in Belgravia:
Same owner as the Senna, and various other Monaco Plated cars that are usually parked there!

tberg

249 posts

16 months

Monday 2nd March
quotequote all
Last Sunday, I went out for a show and drive with a group called Malibu Autobahn. It met in a shopping center parking lot between the San Fernando Valley and Ventura County for a two hour meet and greet, followed by a 90 minute spirited run through the back roads of the Santa Monica mountains out to Pacific Coast Highway to a follow up meet at Zuma Beach in Malibu. A little over 300 cars participated in both the show and the drive, mostly exotics but plenty of BMWs, Mercedes, Corvettes, Audis, Mustangs, etc. Dozens of Lambos, McLarens, Ferraris, Porsches, F-types, a lot of Astons (Galpin Aston was the sponsor and displayed the first Vantage Convertble in the US) and many, many others. Several of my friends participated, and we went to lunch just up the coast at the famous Paradise Cove Cafe. All in all a great Sunday morning for me and my Pantera.

tberg

249 posts

16 months

Monday 2nd March
quotequote all
A couple more....

tberg

249 posts

16 months

Monday 2nd March
quotequote all

tberg

249 posts

16 months

Monday 2nd March
quotequote all

trackdemon

10,514 posts

216 months

Monday 2nd March
quotequote all
tberg said:
Last Sunday, I went out for a show and drive with a group called Malibu Autobahn. It met in a shopping center parking lot between the San Fernando Valley and Ventura County for a two hour meet and greet, followed by a 90 minute spirited run through the back roads of the Santa Monica mountains out to Pacific Coast Highway to a follow up meet at Zuma Beach in Malibu. A little over 300 cars participated in both the show and the drive, mostly exotics but plenty of BMWs, Mercedes, Corvettes, Audis, Mustangs, etc. Dozens of Lambos, McLarens, Ferraris, Porsches, F-types, a lot of Astons (Galpin Aston was the sponsor and displayed the first Vantage Convertble in the US) and many, many others. Several of my friends participated, and we went to lunch just up the coast at the famous Paradise Cove Cafe. All in all a great Sunday morning for me and my Pantera.
Wait, what!!!? That Pantera is yours? Cooool. Always wondered what they're like to drive, so.... what's it like to drive? biggrin

Trev450

5,926 posts

127 months

Monday 2nd March
quotequote all
Great pictures and sounds like a fun day was had.

tberg

249 posts

16 months

Monday 2nd March
quotequote all
trackdemon,
Yes, that's my Pantera. As to what it's like to drive, that takes some conversation. I've had her for about 18 years, but about 6-7 years ago, I could count on 1 hand how many miles I drove it per year. Because I didn't drive it much, starting it was always a chore, pulling the air cleaner, dumping gas into the carb, running back into the car to try and start it, running back out to screw on the air cleaner (if it stayed started). Typically I had to do this 3 or 4 times, so it was a 30 min job just to start. And in 2013, when I bought my 5.0L Jaguar XKR tuned to 600 hp, I had a quicker, more comfortable, more reliable easier to drive supercar that didn't care if it was above 70*F outside or if there was traffic. So I gave up driving it at all. I made a decision about 5 years ago to either get rid of it or make it a car I wanted to drive rather than resented driving. The first order of business was to change it to fuel injection. Why I didn't do this 18 years ago is beyond me. Now first time a turn of the key and it roars to life. Then we replaced the non-original, non 351 Cleveland engine with a built 500+hp Cleveland, ripped out the entire interior, replaced the seats with C-4 Corvette seats with diamond quilted leather upholstery on every surface including the dash, firewall, seats, console etc. We tidied up the transmission, added headers and new exhaust, cleaned up some suspension issues, and resprayed the whole car. In the year I've had it back from 4+ years of modification and restoration, I've driven it more than the previous 10 years combined. As to how it drives, the first through third acceleration is brutally quick although you can't quick shift the transmission but instead have to make very deliberate shifting. Without power steering, tight curves are a bit ponderous but provide a lot of road feel. And since my size 14 feet cover the gas, brake, and clutch pedal with shoes on since they're spaced so closely, I drive the car barefooted. There is slight power assist on the brakes so when you have to stand hard on the pedal with bare feet, it's a bit scary. When I first bought the car, I upgraded the brake system with new, larger rotors, so the brakes are actually quite good. But being only about 40" off the ground makes every trip an adventure that feels like you're doing a 130mph, because it's really more of a rocket powered go-cart. The ride is surprisingly not that rough, visibility isn't terrible either. Anytime you want to venture to Los Angeles, you're certainly welcome to take her out for a day. In the land of exotic cars, Los Angeles, it still garners a hell of a lot of attention, and its shape and proportion still looks better than anything Lamborghini has made since the Miura.

toastybase

1,934 posts

163 months

Monday 2nd March
quotequote all
I saw a Vauxhall monaro the other day just parked up in the Sainsbury’s car park would you believe

Penrhyn

47 posts

53 months

Wednesday 20th May
quotequote all
Tberg

That Pantera is beautiful, that paint really pops.

Do you have more of pictures of the inside and engine bay., please.

jontysafe

2,139 posts

133 months

Wednesday 20th May
quotequote all
tberg said:
trackdemon,
Yes, that's my Pantera. As to what it's like to drive, that takes some conversation. I've had her for about 18 years, but about 6-7 years ago, I could count on 1 hand how many miles I drove it per year. Because I didn't drive it much, starting it was always a chore, pulling the air cleaner, dumping gas into the carb, running back into the car to try and start it, running back out to screw on the air cleaner (if it stayed started). Typically I had to do this 3 or 4 times, so it was a 30 min job just to start. And in 2013, when I bought my 5.0L Jaguar XKR tuned to 600 hp, I had a quicker, more comfortable, more reliable easier to drive supercar that didn't care if it was above 70*F outside or if there was traffic. So I gave up driving it at all. I made a decision about 5 years ago to either get rid of it or make it a car I wanted to drive rather than resented driving. The first order of business was to change it to fuel injection. Why I didn't do this 18 years ago is beyond me. Now first time a turn of the key and it roars to life. Then we replaced the non-original, non 351 Cleveland engine with a built 500+hp Cleveland, ripped out the entire interior, replaced the seats with C-4 Corvette seats with diamond quilted leather upholstery on every surface including the dash, firewall, seats, console etc. We tidied up the transmission, added headers and new exhaust, cleaned up some suspension issues, and resprayed the whole car. In the year I've had it back from 4+ years of modification and restoration, I've driven it more than the previous 10 years combined. As to how it drives, the first through third acceleration is brutally quick although you can't quick shift the transmission but instead have to make very deliberate shifting. Without power steering, tight curves are a bit ponderous but provide a lot of road feel. And since my size 14 feet cover the gas, brake, and clutch pedal with shoes on since they're spaced so closely, I drive the car barefooted. There is slight power assist on the brakes so when you have to stand hard on the pedal with bare feet, it's a bit scary. When I first bought the car, I upgraded the brake system with new, larger rotors, so the brakes are actually quite good. But being only about 40" off the ground makes every trip an adventure that feels like you're doing a 130mph, because it's really more of a rocket powered go-cart. The ride is surprisingly not that rough, visibility isn't terrible either. Anytime you want to venture to Los Angeles, you're certainly welcome to take her out for a day. In the land of exotic cars, Los Angeles, it still garners a hell of a lot of attention, and its shape and proportion still looks better than anything Lamborghini has made since the Miura.
My god that`s cool. And it sounds like you totally deserve it, good on you!

MDL111

4,531 posts

132 months

Wednesday 20th May
quotequote all
Very cool Pantera
Also 300 cars at a meet, wow that is a lot

trackdemon

10,514 posts

216 months

Wednesday 20th May
quotequote all
tberg said:
trackdemon,
Yes, that's my Pantera. As to what it's like to drive, that takes some conversation. I've had her for about 18 years, but about 6-7 years ago, I could count on 1 hand how many miles I drove it per year. Because I didn't drive it much, starting it was always a chore, pulling the air cleaner, dumping gas into the carb, running back into the car to try and start it, running back out to screw on the air cleaner (if it stayed started). Typically I had to do this 3 or 4 times, so it was a 30 min job just to start. And in 2013, when I bought my 5.0L Jaguar XKR tuned to 600 hp, I had a quicker, more comfortable, more reliable easier to drive supercar that didn't care if it was above 70*F outside or if there was traffic. So I gave up driving it at all. I made a decision about 5 years ago to either get rid of it or make it a car I wanted to drive rather than resented driving. The first order of business was to change it to fuel injection. Why I didn't do this 18 years ago is beyond me. Now first time a turn of the key and it roars to life. Then we replaced the non-original, non 351 Cleveland engine with a built 500+hp Cleveland, ripped out the entire interior, replaced the seats with C-4 Corvette seats with diamond quilted leather upholstery on every surface including the dash, firewall, seats, console etc. We tidied up the transmission, added headers and new exhaust, cleaned up some suspension issues, and resprayed the whole car. In the year I've had it back from 4+ years of modification and restoration, I've driven it more than the previous 10 years combined. As to how it drives, the first through third acceleration is brutally quick although you can't quick shift the transmission but instead have to make very deliberate shifting. Without power steering, tight curves are a bit ponderous but provide a lot of road feel. And since my size 14 feet cover the gas, brake, and clutch pedal with shoes on since they're spaced so closely, I drive the car barefooted. There is slight power assist on the brakes so when you have to stand hard on the pedal with bare feet, it's a bit scary. When I first bought the car, I upgraded the brake system with new, larger rotors, so the brakes are actually quite good. But being only about 40" off the ground makes every trip an adventure that feels like you're doing a 130mph, because it's really more of a rocket powered go-cart. The ride is surprisingly not that rough, visibility isn't terrible either. Anytime you want to venture to Los Angeles, you're certainly welcome to take her out for a day. In the land of exotic cars, Los Angeles, it still garners a hell of a lot of attention, and its shape and proportion still looks better than anything Lamborghini has made since the Miura.
Can't believe I missed this reply! Sounds like you've done a kinda restomod on it, retaining the fantastic look and feel of that period of car with a chunk more performance and reliability. I love it. Should I find myself in LA I'll certainly give you a shout, very generous offer!, would make a fantastic magazine feature. Some wonderful roads to the North ideal for a beautiful photoshoot....