Hi All, Audi R8 V10 Plus newbie

Hi All, Audi R8 V10 Plus newbie

Author
Discussion

Celtic Val

Original Poster:

57 posts

90 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
Hi All, I am now the very proud owner of an Audi R8 V10 Plus in Bright yellow! If I can work out how to share photos on here I will add some, my previous car was an R8 V8 Spyder, very nice but hell this V10 is a totally different drive.
I bought her from Premier GT north of Brighton Sussex....that place took my breath away...the cars there are mind blowing!

Are there many Super car/R8 meets in the U.K.?

Cheers
Val

PompeyReece

600 posts

35 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
Welcome to the club.

The social scene for R8's only isn't great however I'm planning on launching an owner-only Facebook group to purely address that within the next week or two.

In the meantime, there is this Facebook page which you can like and contribute but it's open to everyone and anyone. Have a look at the events section which details past supercar events for this year - they're mainly events in the south though!

https://www.facebook.com/r8ocuk/

ChrisPackit

131 posts

69 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
Welcome to the group. I am an R8 owner too ... but don't get 'em started on here about whether an R8 is a Supercar or not! :-)

Just in case you haven't discovered it, there's also R8Talk.com which is a great resource for all things R8.

Cheers

Celtic Val

Original Poster:

57 posts

90 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
PompeyReece said:
Welcome to the club.

The social scene for R8's only isn't great however I'm planning on launching an owner-only Facebook group to purely address that within the next week or two.

In the meantime, there is this Facebook page which you can like and contribute but it's open to everyone and anyone. Have a look at the events section which details past supercar events for this year - they're mainly events in the south though!

https://www.facebook.com/r8ocuk/
I just added myself thanks for the info
regards
Val

Celtic Val

Original Poster:

57 posts

90 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
ChrisPackit said:
Welcome to the group. I am an R8 owner too ... but don't get 'em started on here about whether an R8 is a Supercar or not! :-)

Just in case you haven't discovered it, there's also R8Talk.com which is a great resource for all things R8.

Cheers
Hi Chris, where abouts are you?

It is a super car....to me any way smile

Trev450

5,772 posts

118 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
Hi and congrats on getting the new car. You will find most of us over on the FB group and also on R8talk.com

Nano2nd

3,178 posts

202 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
i don't understand this insistence on moving conversation from open forums like this into closed facebook groups, so many people don't use, or don't want to use bloody facebook!

BlackR8

228 posts

23 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
Congrats on your purchase. Yellow I think is a great colour for the Gen 2 V10 Plus. Enjoy in good health. The cars are such great value right now!

Pioneer

874 posts

77 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
I guess it stops all the abuse R8 owners get in the Supercar section of PHs

Celtic Val

Original Poster:

57 posts

90 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
Hi Pioneer

Why are some car owners so pathetically childish? We all love our cars and there is no need to make people feel bad about their chosen car.

Val

Celtic Val

Original Poster:

57 posts

90 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
Trev450 said:
Hi and congrats on getting the new car. You will find most of us over on the FB group and also on R8talk.com
Thanks Trev, feeling very lucky for sure smile

Celtic Val

Original Poster:

57 posts

90 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
BlackR8 said:
Congrats on your purchase. Yellow I think is a great colour for the Gen 2 V10 Plus. Enjoy in good health. The cars are such great value right now!
Thanks smile

ferdi p

1,229 posts

118 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
Not sure why you're posting here!?

It only has 500+ bhp, 2 seats, exotic looks & is relatively rare, pathetic!

Please get off & let us continue discussing McLaren depreciation & how much 'overs' to pay for a 911 gt something.2

Celtic Val

Original Poster:

57 posts

90 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
ferdi p said:
Not sure why you're posting here!?

It only has 500+ bhp, 2 seats, exotic looks & is relatively rare, pathetic!

Please get off & let us continue discussing McLaren depreciation & how much 'overs' to pay for a 911 gt something.2
What a rude and ignorant comment...actually it 610 bhp....if you have nothing adult to say....shut it!

Im looking forward to seeing how trappy you are face to face.. mean while grow up PLEASE! LOL!

davek_964

6,011 posts

121 months

Thursday 19th September
quotequote all
Celtic Val said:
What a rude and ignorant comment...actually it 610 bhp....if you have nothing adult to say....shut it!

Im looking forward to seeing how trappy you are face to face.. mean while grow up PLEASE! LOL!
I think you rather missed the irony.

nbot

85 posts

33 months

Friday 20th September
quotequote all
Celtic Val said:
What a rude and ignorant comment...actually it 610 bhp....if you have nothing adult to say....shut it!

Im looking forward to seeing how trappy you are face to face.. mean while grow up PLEASE! LOL!
i think he may of been joking there pal....

Celtic Val

Original Poster:

57 posts

90 months

Friday 20th September
quotequote all
He needs to make that more obvious then

ferdi p

1,229 posts

118 months

Friday 20th September
quotequote all
Celtic Val said:
He needs to make that more obvious then
Oh dear!

You thought I was being serious!?

Oh well, I best work on my humour...


Caddyshack

1,511 posts

152 months

Friday 20th September
quotequote all
Anyone who says an R8V10 is not a supercar is either someone thinking they are elite with a more expensive or super. supercar or just jealous and not worth spending the time to listen to their small mined drivel.

vanman1936

325 posts

165 months

Friday 20th September
quotequote all
^^^^this plus under endowed, massively insecure or chip on shoulder (and I don’t have an R8, but want one)