PistonHeads.com Forum

The Definitive Guide to Gaydon-era ASTON MARTIN

The Definitive Guide to Gaydon-era ASTON MARTIN

Author
Discussion

tonker

53,392 posts

173 months

Saturday 19th August 2017
quotequote all
I've done it the wrong way round. I bought the car. Now I've bought the book !

Grant3

3,392 posts

180 months

Sunday 20th August 2017
quotequote all
tonker said:
I've done it the wrong way round. I bought the car. Now I've bought the book !
Fear not, the guide is designed for owners as well as buyers, there is plenty of information for you to learn more about your fabulous new DB9 smile ........ and........ as you will now have the Aston Martin bug, you will have all the details on the whole range, ready for when you change into your next Aston winkbiggrin

R3UMP

162 posts

138 months

Friday 25th August 2017
quotequote all
Hi Grant3

Your most excellent book thumped onto my door mat today. As a long term TVR owner I'm very much considering trading up to V8V and I'd imagine that your book will help facilitate that decision. I just need to ration myself and not read it all at once!

Thank you very much - will keep you posted smile

Grant3

3,392 posts

180 months

Thursday 31st August 2017
quotequote all
R3UMP said:
Hi Grant3
Your most excellent book thumped onto my door mat today. As a long term TVR owner I'm very much considering trading up to V8V and I'd imagine that your book will help facilitate that decision. I just need to ration myself and not read it all at once!
Thank you very much - will keep you posted smile
Thanks John. Sounds like a good move (although your Griffith looks lovely), a Vantage Roadster should be the way to go wink your ideal would be a more powerful 4.7 - 12.25MY+ Vantage or earlier V8S Roadster both have Sports suspension+ more direct steering and upgraded brakes (I'm thinking of the TVR!). If you are looking at a 4.3 try and find one with Sports Suspension, if you are a press on driver. Both 4.3 & 4.7 are completely different to the TVR, but they will offer a whole new fabulous and special ownership experience. You will have full details of all the Vantage range and the model year changes, plus prefered options, in the guide. Along with details on the rest of the range for when you change to your second Aston (inevitable!) biggrin Hope to see an Aston on your drive soon smile

Andrew Bristow

25 posts

71 months

Thursday 19th October 2017
quotequote all
Grant,

My book has not arrived, who should I contact?
Advertisement

Grant3

3,392 posts

180 months

Thursday 19th October 2017
quotequote all
Andrew Bristow said:
Grant,

My book has not arrived, who should I contact?
Hi Andrew, good to know you are keen read if you use the www.astonmartinreview.co.uk website email contact with where/when you ordered I'm sure you will get a swift reply. Postie sometimes takes his time but the guides rarely get lost and they go Worldwide. smile


tgclowes

70 posts

41 months

Wednesday 25th October 2017
quotequote all
New AM owner looking for some holiday reading, ordered today, very much looking forward to it!

RS6bird

45 posts

3 months

Thursday 26th October 2017
quotequote all
Bought the book and highly recommend it. I too, like other here, bought my car, a V12V, before getting the book! Regardless, the information is interesting and very helpful to someone like me who is a complete newbie to the Aston Martin world.

Grant3

3,392 posts

180 months

Saturday 4th November 2017
quotequote all
tgclowes said:
New AM owner looking for some holiday reading, ordered today, very much looking forward to it!
RS6bird said:
Bought the book and highly recommend it. I too, like other here, bought my car, a V12V, before getting the book! Regardless, the information is interesting and very helpful to someone like me who is a complete newbie to the Aston Martin world.
Cheers for the feedback guys, it is designed for owners as well as buyers smile let's be honest Aston's tend to get under your skin creating the need to know more about these beautiful beasts, the guide helps scratch that itch..... if you don't buy it you only end up getting a new toy for the car instead and that's a far more expensive proposition biggrin