V12 Vantage Register

V12 Vantage Register

Author
Discussion

Falsterbo

5 posts

1 month

Saturday 8th August
quotequote all
Only just joined this forum.

Suspect the car is already on here but I have owned it over 12 months now.

OU11BVT
Chassis 00777
Satin/Matt concourse blue
If you need more info let me know.

It had a black wrap on the roof and boot plus V12S grille when I bought it and also black window trims. I have removed the wraps and changed the grille to the original. Left the black window trims though.

Edited by Falsterbo on Sunday 9th August 11:55

Falsterbo

5 posts

1 month

Saturday 8th August
quotequote all
Only just joined this forum.

Suspect the car is already on here but I have owned it over 12 months now.

OU11BVT
Chassis 00777
Satin/Matt concourse blue
If you need more info let me know.

It had a black wrap on the roof and boot plus V12S grille when I bought it and also black window trims. I have removed the wraps and changed the grille to the original. Left the black window trims though.

Edited by Falsterbo on Sunday 9th August 16:28

Turn7

18,460 posts

178 months

Saturday 8th August
quotequote all
I saw V12V UK the other day, anyone here ?

AdamV12V

3,282 posts

134 months

Saturday 8th August
quotequote all
Turn7 said:
I saw V12V UK the other day, anyone here ?
lol, you might need to narrow it down a little mate... like, location, colour, date, time..... give us a clue! wink

Turn7

18,460 posts

178 months

Saturday 8th August
quotequote all
AdamV12V said:
Turn7 said:
I saw V12V UK the other day, anyone here ?
lol, you might need to narrow it down a little mate... like, location, colour, date, time..... give us a clue! wink
Sorry, that was the number plate !

cayman-black

9,629 posts

173 months

Saturday 8th August
quotequote all
Turn7 said:
AdamV12V said:
Turn7 said:
I saw V12V UK the other day, anyone here ?
lol, you might need to narrow it down a little mate... like, location, colour, date, time..... give us a clue! wink
Sorry, that was the number plate !
pmsl...

LC23

1,223 posts

182 months

Saturday 8th August
quotequote all
Falsterbo said:
Only just joined this forum.

Suspect the car is already on here but I have owned it over 12 months now.

OU11BVT
Chassis 007
Satin/Matt concourse blue
If you need more info let me know.

It had a black wrap on the roof and boot plus V12S grille when I bought it and also black window trims. I have removed the wraps and changed the grille to the original. Left the black window trims though.
That's interesting. Chassis 007 on an 11 plate?

Mako V12V

Original Poster:

3,134 posts

171 months

Saturday 8th August
quotequote all
LC23 said:
Falsterbo said:
Only just joined this forum.

Suspect the car is already on here but I have owned it over 12 months now.

OU11BVT
Chassis 007
Satin/Matt concourse blue
If you need more info let me know.

It had a black wrap on the roof and boot plus V12S grille when I bought it and also black window trims. I have removed the wraps and changed the grille to the original. Left the black window trims though.
That's interesting. Chassis 007 on an 11 plate?
Hi there, I’m aware of this car yes. It’s the only one in Satin Concourse Blue, but unfortunately it’s not 007. Although the vin ending is quite cool, being 777.
Aston Martin did not produce a V12V 6sp Man car with vin 007, hence why there are 1199 cars made, not 1200.
Cheers

LC23

1,223 posts

182 months

Saturday 8th August
quotequote all
Mako V12V said:
Hi there, I’m aware of this car yes. It’s the only one in Satin Concourse Blue, but unfortunately it’s not 007. Although the vin ending is quite cool, being 777.
Aston Martin did not produce a V12V 6sp Man car with vin 007, hence why there are 1199 cars made, not 1200.
Cheers
That's what I was expecting to see as I didn't think they used 007. And if they did it would almost certainly have been an 09 plate.

Falsterbo

5 posts

1 month

Sunday 9th August
quotequote all
Sorry I typed it wrong. It is 00777

Mako V12V

Original Poster:

3,134 posts

171 months

Tuesday 11th August
quotequote all
Falsterbo said:
Sorry I typed it wrong. It is 00777
Hi, still not seen this car in the flesh. Just wondering how’s the paint holding up with being satin? Any issue, blemishes, has it had any paint - matching issues? Just curious.

lime1

338 posts

126 months

Tuesday 11th August
quotequote all
Mako V12V said:
Hi, still not seen this car in the flesh. Just wondering how’s the paint holding up with being satin? Any issue, blemishes, has it had any paint - matching issues? Just curious.
I think this is the car I'd been about to put a deposit on back in June last year but was pipped at the post, I presume by Falsterbo who'd reserved it the day before. Was up for sale with Alexanders and I got a walk round video sent. Seemed to look pretty decent with some minor stone chips. I thought the colour and finish looked great but wasn't sure how easy it would be to maintain and rectify any issues. Posted about it on here but my slight hesitation lost me the car. Took another 9 months of being patient and missing out on a couple more before I landed Mako V12V's car. Well worth the wait though.

Was looking forward to seeing Falsterbo's car on Sunday but seems he couldn't make the run out. Shame, but hopefully will get to see it in the flesh at some point. Hope you're enjoying driving it.

Mako V12V

Original Poster:

3,134 posts

171 months

Wednesday 12th August
quotequote all
Hi there Lime, how is my car doing lol. Any issues or is it just fun fun fun?!

lime1

338 posts

126 months

Wednesday 12th August
quotequote all
Mako V12V said:
Hi there Lime, how is my car doing lol. Any issues or is it just fun fun fun?!
Certainly fun fun fun! Car has been fantastic and lived up to my expectations. Oh and BTW, it's no longer your car, it's mine now biglaugh

Went on the NE runout last Sunday. Great drive and met up with some of the other PHers. Photos of the car on https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&... albeit at a distance!


Mako V12V

Original Poster:

3,134 posts

171 months

Thursday 13th August
quotequote all
lime1 said:
Mako V12V said:
Hi there Lime, how is my car doing lol. Any issues or is it just fun fun fun?!
Certainly fun fun fun! Car has been fantastic and lived up to my expectations. Oh and BTW, it's no longer your car, it's mine now biglaugh

Went on the NE runout last Sunday. Great drive and met up with some of the other PHers. Photos of the car on https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&... albeit at a distance!

That’s fantastic, good to hear all is well. And btw, it’ll always be my car, hehe

Falsterbo

5 posts

1 month

Saturday 15th August
quotequote all
lime1 said:
I think this is the car I'd been about to put a deposit on back in June last year but was pipped at the post, I presume by Falsterbo who'd reserved it the day before. Was up for sale with Alexanders and I got a walk round video sent. Seemed to look pretty decent with some minor stone chips. I thought the colour and finish looked great but wasn't sure how easy it would be to maintain and rectify any issues. Posted about it on here but my slight hesitation lost me the car. Took another 9 months of being patient and missing out on a couple more before I landed Mako V12V's car. Well worth the wait though.

Was looking forward to seeing Falsterbo's car on Sunday but seems he couldn't make the run out. Shame, but hopefully will get to see it in the flesh at some point. Hope you're enjoying driving it.
That’s the car. Bought from Alexander’s in June last year.
I too was worried about maintenance but to be honest it’s a breeze. I got it ceramic coated so it’s as simple as a standard wash and towel down. I have not had a single problem with it mechanically but have managed to put a tiny scratch on the bonnet that would require a full bonnet respray to sort. You have to look to find it though and I can live it.

Was disappointed not to get to the meet but family stuff got in the way. Next time.

Falsterbo

5 posts

1 month

Saturday 15th August
quotequote all
Mako V12V said:
Hi, still not seen this car in the flesh. Just wondering how’s the paint holding up with being satin? Any issue, blemishes, has it had any paint - matching issues? Just curious.
Paint is fine. Pretty much as new other than 3/4 small chips and a tiny scratch I unfortunately put in the bonnet. I got this painted in at Aston Workshop but they struggled despite having the right paint and So to get rid would mean a full bonnet respray which won’t be happening. The front of the car is PPF but not the bonnet.
Cleaning is a breeze and as I am not a concourse type guy it gets left dirty and only washed every few weeks, just take insects off at the end of each drive then a standard wash and towel off every so often. Looks immaculate afterwards.

lime1

338 posts

126 months

Saturday 15th August
quotequote all
Mako V12V said:
That’s fantastic, good to hear all is well. And btw, it’ll always be my car, hehe
Fair enough and I’m sure there’s plenty here who wouldn’t disagree. Seems the quote is “that’s Mako’s car isn’t it?” So you’re always welcome to a ride in the passenger seat hehe

lime1

338 posts

126 months

Saturday 15th August
quotequote all
Falsterbo said:
Was disappointed not to get to the meet but family stuff got in the way. Next time.
I know all about that! Enjoy the car. It looks great