So what have you done with your Aston today? (Vol. 2)

So what have you done with your Aston today? (Vol. 2)

Author
Discussion

Scrump

Original Poster:

6,645 posts

105 months

rovcallum

457 posts

90 months

Friday 23rd August
quotequote all
Well, the car is worthless now, 30000 miles clocked up. I guess I'll defo have to keep it now.biggrin

Oh well, here's to the next 10000 and beyond.


RobDown

3,665 posts

75 months

Friday 23rd August
quotequote all
Wow on to volume 2

V8V Pete

1,951 posts

73 months

Saturday 24th August
quotequote all
But how do you review Volume 1? I can only see the last page.

Buster73

3,562 posts

100 months

Saturday 24th August
quotequote all
V8V Pete said:
But how do you review Volume 1? I can only see the last page.
Look top right of the link to the last thread and you’ll see the page numbers , just click on the page number.


V8V Pete

1,951 posts

73 months

Saturday 24th August
quotequote all
Buster73 said:
V8V Pete said:
But how do you review Volume 1? I can only see the last page.
Look top right of the link to the last thread and you’ll see the page numbers , just click on the page number.
Thanks. I was confused by this dead end:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&...

Felonious

220 posts

121 months

Saturday 24th August
quotequote all
Well, my V12VS is in for a new clutch and associated stuff plus a few other odds and sods of warranty essentials. Happily I’ve been loaned one of those new-fangled Vantages to tool around in. Other than the clunky, ugly, infotainment it’s a cracking car. So today I’ll go and put a few more miles in it.

MO55

1,979 posts

114 months

Saturday 24th August
quotequote all
So why was the Topic closed,,,,, confused

Felonious

220 posts

121 months

Saturday 24th August
quotequote all
Ran out of pages, I think. PH seems to cap threads at 500 pages for some reason.

V8V Pete

1,951 posts

73 months

Sunday 25th August
quotequote all
Felonious said:
Well, my V12VS is in for a new clutch and associated stuff plus a few other odds and sods of warranty essentials.
Interesting. We don't here of many V12 clutches needing replacing (since the initial squeaky warranty replacements). Manual or SSIII? How many miles? Friction plates worn out or another type of failure?

Felonious

220 posts

121 months

Sunday 25th August
quotequote all
V8V Pete said:
Interesting. We don't here of many V12 clutches needing replacing (since the initial squeaky warranty replacements). Manual or SSIII? How many miles? Friction plates worn out or another type of failure?
2016 car, SS3, a slither over 10k miles. I’ll have the list of what was replaced when I get it back, but the flywheel was also mentioned. Doesn’t seem entirely logical but I’m not sure yet what the issue was. It can’t possibly have been worn out so something must have failed.

The symptoms were an occasional waft of burning clutch and some general click-clacking between N and 1 instead of going into gear like a well-behaved clutch should allow. It’s never been tracked (not in the 7k miles I’ve put on it) and never driven other than in manual (same caveat).

Edited by Felonious on Monday 26th August 08:15

V8LM

4,926 posts

156 months

Sunday 25th August
quotequote all
IMG_2459 by v8lemon, on Flickr

rovcallum

457 posts

90 months

Sunday 25th August
quotequote all
Inverness to Malaig with pals

LPH

178 posts

120 months

Sunday 25th August
quotequote all
After 6 months ownership I discovered that there are pockets on the front of the seats! Somewhere to put my phone and wallet whilst in the car. smile

Bincenzo

2,444 posts

126 months

Monday 26th August
quotequote all


Given the cracking weather, took my Vantage for a trot through the Warks countryside. Even Mrs B seemed reasonably content out in it. Odd. Must be the heat.

Felonious

220 posts

121 months

Monday 26th August
quotequote all
Bincenzo said:


Given the cracking weather, took my Vantage for a trot through the Warks countryside. Even Mrs B seemed reasonably content out in it. Odd. Must be the heat.
Gorgeous. What colour is that?

A short run out today reveals that Mrs F has decided she doesn't like our loaner new Vantage very much. In contrast, it's growing on me.

hashluck

1,448 posts

222 months

Monday 26th August
quotequote all
Felonious said:
Gorgeous. What colour is that?

A short run out today reveals that Mrs F has decided she doesn't like our loaner new Vantage very much. In contrast, it's growing on me.
I am totally with Mrs Crud

Bincenzo

2,444 posts

126 months

Monday 26th August
quotequote all
Felonious said:
Bincenzo said:


Given the cracking weather, took my Vantage for a trot through the Warks countryside. Even Mrs B seemed reasonably content out in it. Odd. Must be the heat.
Gorgeous. What colour is that?
Thanks, Tungsten Silver, which has a canny habit of changing colour in the shadows.

Felonious

220 posts

121 months

Monday 26th August
quotequote all
hashluck said:
I am totally with Mrs Crud
Aesthetically it's Marmite, but it's a joy to drive. Still, I'm sure my de-catted V12 with its unforgiving power delivery and squirrely arse will ensure this flirtation comes to an end.

hashluck

1,448 posts

222 months

Monday 26th August
quotequote all
Felonious said:
hashluck said:
I am totally with Mrs Crud
Aesthetically it's Marmite, but it's a joy to drive. Still, I'm sure my de-catted V12 with its unforgiving power delivery and squirrely arse will ensure this flirtation comes to an end.
Got to say I didn't enjoy driving it either and Miss Luck didn't much like being a passenger. Both very happy to get back in the Vanquish.