So what have you done with your Aston today? (Vol. 2)

So what have you done with your Aston today? (Vol. 2)

Author
Discussion

Ken Figenus

4,586 posts

64 months

Wednesday 16th October
quotequote all
Yeah Jon - my trusted driveway tyre man pushed the tyre down on his machine to swop the TPMS valve and then re-balanced it. Very cost effective and they send the boss as they know they have a rim scratch diva here wink He did the huge 21's on the DD too and was good as gold.

Jon39

6,317 posts

90 months

Wednesday 16th October
quotequote all

You have found some good tyre fitters, Dewi.

I trusted a local firm for a long time, until wheel damage occurred (a daily car). That was a second tyre firm off my list.


LTP

37 posts

59 months

Thursday 17th October
quotequote all
I hadn't been out in the Vantage for over a week due to the stty UK weather so today, as the sun was out, I took it down the shops.

Had a great chat with a couple of guys who had made complimentary noises as I pulled into the car-park of an industrial unit; they were clearly marque fans and one had driven a DB9 on a "supercar experience day". We all agreed that the Vantage is prettier than the DB9 (let the hate start getmecoat ) so I'll forgive the one that called it a "baby Aston" rolleyes

Very prosaic but fun. biglaugh

cypriot

316 posts

46 months

Friday 18th October
quotequote all
Spent the whole day yesterday at Millbrook doing a CAT Driver Training course in the Vantage. What a day! Firstly, the facility itself is pretty impressive to say the least, and I can understand why so many car journos review cars here. Secondly, I can whole heartedly recommend CAT Driver Training as they are very professional, highly trained, and can really teach you to pedal better (and then obviously faster). Thirdly, the Aston performed brilliantly, never skipping a beat despite repeated heavy braking, high speed running (140mph) and lots of spin outs. The great thing about the day was being able to understand the general balance of the Vantage, and then how progressively turning off the systems affected the car. It was raining yesterday, so everything was a bit slippy, but that just made it even more fun to be honest! Really impressed at the how the Aston performed dynamically. Yes, she is a heavy old girl, but beautifully balanced. I still need some practise though as in the wet on the low friction pad with all the systems off, I was really struggling to catch the rear end, and maintain a drift. The Chris Harris' of the world make it look far too easy! Great fun though...

Mr.Tremlini

785 posts

48 months

Friday 18th October
quotequote all
I drove to Zurich early this morning for a presentation, some 45 minutes drive, the first half of which is a bit "back country". Seems that overnight, every farmer had been spreading manure and/or driving through muddy fields in their tractors and then out on the road for a while... and then it rained a bit. End result is I arrived in Zurich in Vantage that`s a bit two-tone. Lovely. Not a spec I`d chose though...

soofsayer

925 posts

82 months

Friday 18th October
quotequote all
Mr.Tremlini said:
I drove to Zurich early this morning for a presentation, some 45 minutes drive, the first half of which is a bit "back country". Seems that overnight, every farmer had been spreading manure and/or driving through muddy fields in their tractors and then out on the road for a while... and then it rained a bit. End result is I arrived in Zurich in Vantage that`s a bit two-tone. Lovely. Not a spec I`d chose though...
At this time of year I dont bother washing my car much if at all due to all the farmers mud and crap on the roads. I have convinced myself its quite cool to have a very dirty aston (aka being lazy). smile

Mr.Tremlini

785 posts

48 months

Friday 18th October
quotequote all
soofsayer said:
At this time of year I dont bother washing my car much if at all due to all the farmers mud and crap on the roads. I have convinced myself its quite cool to have a very dirty aston (aka being lazy). smile
beer

I agree, it is a nice juxtapostion!

wink

V8V Pete

1,938 posts

73 months

Graze01

609 posts

39 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Nice vid Pete - hows that clutch travelling?

Graze

V8V Pete

1,938 posts

73 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Graze01 said:
Nice vid Pete - hows that clutch travelling?

Graze
It's got a proper clutch Graeme so it's fine thanks. Tyres held up very well too.

Graze01

609 posts

39 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
V8V Pete said:
It's got a proper clutch Graeme so it's fine thanks. Tyres held up very well too.
looks and sounds fabulous mate!

Ken Figenus

4,586 posts

64 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Nice to see a man that can hold that kind of launch - YouTube videos of such stuff usually include a tree and bent Mustangs!

ds666

886 posts

126 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
V8V Pete said:
Blyton is a great track - take it that lap wasn't timed smile

V8V Pete

1,938 posts

73 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
ds666 said:
Blyton is a great track - take it that lap wasn't timed smile
No timing allowed that day!

Was my first time at Blyton but enjoyed it enormously. The high speed corners two thirds of the way round were superb in the Vantage.

V8V Pete

1,938 posts

73 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
Ken Figenus said:
Nice to see a man that can hold that kind of launch - YouTube videos of such stuff usually include a tree and bent Mustangs!
Yes I’ve seen those vids too Dewi but the Vantage behaves very well with DSC completely off. Not sure what those fire extinguishers were doing there but I managed to miss them ....... just biggrin

EVR

346 posts

7 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
The Vantage has some sort of launch control, not via a button obviously but via particular conditions:



Never tried it though!

V8V Pete

1,938 posts

73 months

Monday 21st October
quotequote all
EVR said:
The Vantage has some sort of launch control, not via a button obviously but via particular conditions:



Never tried it though!
Mine's manual so none of that applies (apart from DSC completely off).

As you can hear the rev limiter was quite busy until the tyres gripped biggrin

EVR

346 posts

7 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
V8V Pete said:
Mine's manual so none of that applies (apart from DSC completely off).

As you can hear the rev limiter was quite busy until the tyres gripped biggrin
Indeed, loved your video!

shinjuku

331 posts

28 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
V8V Pete said:
She was looking a bit squirrely there biggrin

ds666

886 posts

126 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
V8V Pete said:
As you can hear the rev limiter was quite busy until the tyres gripped biggrin
And before you changed into second .. poor car lol