How about an Aston photo thread!

How about an Aston photo thread!

Author
Discussion

scoobygaz1

176 posts

77 months

Friday 11th May
quotequote all
Got to drive this a while back one of my bosses friends car
]

Ikobo

350 posts

81 months

Saturday 12th May
quotequote all
That is stunning.

Mine today at Loch Earn, even though the photo makes me think of being in Colorado. smile


Emilio Largo

163 posts

43 months

Saturday 12th May
quotequote all
Humphrey, I can´t tell how relieved I am: The white mark on the front left wing indeed turned out to be a VERY persistent polish residue that I was too incompetent to removebanghead The garage´s master mechanic just grinned when he delivered the positive message. Phew!

As to the drill holes with the white round marks in the front bumper: The main dealer tells me they are just normal. Can anyone confirm, please? Are they perhaps supposed to be covered with some sort of plastic caps?

raceboy

11,693 posts

212 months

Saturday 12th May
quotequote all
Emilio Largo said:
As to the drill holes with the white round marks in the front bumper: The main dealer tells me they are just normal. Can anyone confirm, please? Are they perhaps supposed to be covered with some sort of plastic caps?
Just been on my hands and knees having look at my 06 V8 Vantage and I’ve got 2 pairs of slightly similar holes on mine, mine appear to have some sort of rivet through them but no idea what they do, mine have a bit more paint on them but the front end has had a respray wink

Emilio Largo

163 posts

43 months

Saturday 12th May
quotequote all
Thank you, raceboy, for bothering! Maybe one of those MY16/17 cost cuttings to lose the rivets? Perhaps someone can provide an alternative photo?
Advertisement

HBradley

1,000 posts

113 months

Sunday 13th May
quotequote all
Emilio Largo said:
Humphrey, I can´t tell how relieved I am: The white mark on the front left wing indeed turned out to be a VERY persistent polish residue that I was too incompetent to removebanghead The garage´s master mechanic just grinned when he delivered the positive message. Phew!

As to the drill holes with the white round marks in the front bumper: The main dealer tells me they are just normal. Can anyone confirm, please? Are they perhaps supposed to be covered with some sort of plastic caps?
VERY pleased to hear it!!

PatCub

92 posts

48 months

Monday 14th May
quotequote all
Emilio Largo said:
Humphrey, I can´t tell how relieved I am: The white mark on the front left wing indeed turned out to be a VERY persistent polish residue that I was too incompetent to removebanghead The garage´s master mechanic just grinned when he delivered the positive message. Phew!

As to the drill holes with the white round marks in the front bumper: The main dealer tells me they are just normal. Can anyone confirm, please? Are they perhaps supposed to be covered with some sort of plastic caps?
Here is a very dusty and out of focus picture of my grille showing what look like two blind rivets, yours seem to have been removed.

raceboy

11,693 posts

212 months

Monday 14th May
quotequote all
That looks very similar to mine, except mine are red, and about as dusty. paperbag

Is the white residue on the questioned ones actually the same polish as the other bits scratchchin

Emilio Largo

163 posts

43 months

Monday 14th May
quotequote all
Thanks everyone for your help! Greatly appreciated. I will try and find out when I am at the main dealer in July if younger MYs do not feature these rivets any more or if they were removed for some reason. All I am told so far is that they have got something to do with the bumper fixation. I would think the white round circles are paintwork marks from those rivets.

mhurley

412 posts

65 months

Thursday 17th May
quotequote all


A run up to Brecon

bignoise

51 posts

33 months

Thursday 17th May
quotequote all
I will be picking up this on Saturday morning from the good folks at AM Newcastle followed by a 300 mile run home



IanV12VSRs

2,454 posts

87 months

Thursday 17th May
quotequote all
Went to the Nurburgring last weekend and found another PH’er there smile


Emilio Largo

163 posts

43 months

Friday 18th May
quotequote all
Ian, what was your impression of the AMR effort during the 24h? I guess you and Jonby were pretty close to everything? Was it pure disappointment after the chequered flag had fallen or did they appreciate that 4th place was still a very, very good result? I saw no interview with the crew after the race.

BrewsterBear

1,237 posts

124 months

Tuesday 22nd May
quotequote all
I had the Vantage across to my detailer for a bit of a fettle.








It's the first time since I bought it that I managed to get all three cars clean at the same time so took the opportunity for a group photo.








Upperworks

1,096 posts

84 months

Tuesday 22nd May
quotequote all
Here's a few pics from last months Tartan Florio. So many other photos courtesy of Riad, Matt, Jonty and the rest of the Supercar Driver team. Highly recommend their events.





IanV12VSRs

2,454 posts

87 months

Tuesday 22nd May
quotequote all
Emilio Largo said:
Ian, what was your impression of the AMR effort during the 24h? I guess you and Jonby were pretty close to everything? Was it pure disappointment after the chequered flag had fallen or did they appreciate that 4th place was still a very, very good result? I saw no interview with the crew after the race.
We were in the pits when the race was red flagged and there was huge disappointment because the car in third was due into the pits next lap (it had done 7 of the 8 lap stint) and 007 would have passed it. With the race 75% run and no forecast improvement they thought the race was over.

When we got back to hospitality it had been reclassified in third and the race was still not expected to restart. My guess is that the car in third had come into the pits as the race was red flagged. With little prospect of the race restarting we tried to beat the leaving traffic so we’re very surprised to hear that the race had restarted with the Aston put back to 4th for the restart and it couldn’t get close enough to attempt a pass because of the spray. I guess the car in third had refuelled otherwise the Aston would have got past.

Mr.Tremlini

519 posts

33 months

Tuesday 22nd May
quotequote all
Upperworks said:
Here's a few pics from last months Tartan Florio. So many other photos courtesy of Riad, Matt, Jonty and the rest of the Supercar Driver team. Highly recommend their events.
Nice shots, looks like a good trip!


MCSV8

703 posts

195 months

Tuesday 22nd May
quotequote all
I hope to be rejoining the black and shiny brigade shortly....




Chris.Owen

95 posts

5 months

Saturday 26th May
quotequote all

telum01

872 posts

47 months

Thursday 31st May
quotequote all
Pretty slick shot taken by a photographer at the Exotics on the Water event we attended Saturday morning at Armature Works in Tampa.