Help with Japanese service history

Help with Japanese service history

Author
Discussion

scoey1001

Original Poster:

367 posts

45 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
Can anyone read Japanese well? trying to work out if there is a cambelt change and/or dsg service amongst this lot. Thanks for any help.












DazzaSport

150 posts

30 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
Download Microsoft Translator on your mobile phone - then use the camera option to take a picture and translate the Japanese text.

TommoAE86

2,223 posts

91 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
Or google translate app, you can use your camera and hold it against the page then.

However I'm fairly sure that when a cambelt is done it's a sticker in the engine bay, I had one in my Skyline like this:

scoey1001

Original Poster:

367 posts

45 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
Cheers both, unfortunately not getting on very well using translate on my phone, seems a bit hit and miss. Will have a look in the engine bay later.

InitialDave

7,922 posts

83 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
In your first image, under the 120,000km entry, the text "???????????" is "timing belt replacement"

Edit: can't post Japanese characters!

scoey1001

Original Poster:

367 posts

45 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
InitialDave said:
In your first image, under the 120,000km entry, the text "???????????" is "timing belt replacement"

Edit: can't post Japanese characters!
Thanks, the mileage on the services is obscured by the thumbsnap image, and the last one is 129kms so should be somewhere on this one hopefully. Maybe the handwritten text?

Car btw is a mk5 golf gti, so dsg service should be every 40k also. Next step might be to attempt to contact the vw dealer in Japan, that should be fun :-)

Edited by scoey1001 on Thursday 25th February 15:37

InitialDave

7,922 posts

83 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
OK, in that case, I think the entries you want are under the 60,000km one for DSG oil, and 180,000km for timing belt and tensioner on the 2.0 turbo FSI.

I think the regime is "check timing belt every 30,000km after 90,000km"

But I'm using Google to do the translation, so take it with a pinch of salt!

scoey1001

Original Poster:

367 posts

45 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
InitialDave said:
OK, in that case, I think the entries you want are under the 60,000km one for DSG oil, and 180,000km for timing belt and tensioner on the 2.0 turbo FSI.

I think the regime is "check timing belt every 30,000km after 90,000km"

But I'm using Google to do the translation, so take it with a pinch of salt!
Thanks for your help. In that case it probably didn't have it done in Japan. I know it was done at 96k miles when it was imported last year so that's fine, just wanted the info. for if i ever sell it on so i can document the history.

rilak

12 posts

140 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
The gearbox oil was changed on the 74,818km service (Little picture just above and to the right of the centre with the 2 X marks, 'gearbox oil' is the last hand written entry in the box on the right)

Power steering belt was also changed then, as was the flare (!)

As above, the timing belt and tensioner are marked as 180,000km for changing on the 2.0L FSI and 2.0L T FSI

scoey1001

Original Poster:

367 posts

45 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
rilak said:
The gearbox oil was changed on the 74,818km service (Little picture just above and to the right of the centre with the 2 X marks, 'gearbox oil' is the last hand written entry in the box on the right)

Power steering belt was also changed then, as was the flare (!)

As above, the timing belt and tensioner are marked as 180,000km for changing on the 2.0L FSI and 2.0L T FSI
Wow thanks for that!

As for flare, i just googled and..

'Cars in Japan are required to carry a red flare. This is to be used to notify others of an emergency, such as a car being broken down on a level crossing. In most cases your imported car will still have the flare in situ: they are usually clipped to the side of the passenger foot well. It might be best to move it or put it in the boot with the spare wheel if you have inquisitive children!'

Which is a coincidence as only yesterday i spotted 2 clips in the passenger footwell and wondered what they were supposed to be holding, now i know!

Edited by scoey1001 on Thursday 25th February 16:29

scoey1001

Original Poster:

367 posts

45 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
scoey1001 said:
Wow thanks for that!

As for flare, i just googled and..

'Cars in Japan are required to carry a red flare. This is to be used to notify others of an emergency, such as a car being broken down on a level crossing. In most cases your imported car will still have the flare in situ: they are usually clipped to the side of the passenger foot well. It might be best to move it or put it in the boot with the spare wheel if you have inquisitive children!'

Which is a coincidence as only yesterday i spotted 2 clips in the passenger footwell and wondered what they were supposed to be holding, now i know!

Also has anyone heard of Jap imports having the second set of keys hidden in the car somewhere? Just something someone once told me and mine only has one set.

Edited by scoey1001 on Thursday 25th February 16:29

rilak

12 posts

140 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
scoey1001 said:
'Cars in Japan are required to carry a red flare.
Didn't know that!

Apart from filters, the other hand-written bits are:

103,090km
Drive shaft boots L/R
Lower ball joint L

129,181km
Lower ball joint R
Fuel filter

scoey1001

Original Poster:

367 posts

45 months

Tuesday 9th March
quotequote all
rilak said:
scoey1001 said:
'Cars in Japan are required to carry a red flare.
Didn't know that!

Apart from filters, the other hand-written bits are:

103,090km
Drive shaft boots L/R
Lower ball joint L

129,181km
Lower ball joint R
Fuel filter
Just noticed this, thanks again that's really helpful.