840i M Sport Lease Deal

840i M Sport Lease Deal

Author
Discussion

martylaa

69 posts

151 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
I asked for delivery for June and was given the ok by them and its on my finance, i've had my finance approved about 14:30...

martylaa

69 posts

151 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
AMG_V12 said:
I did the application online yesterday. Signed the order form at 11am but this was mistakenly put down as business. Another form done at 11.30 for personal and have not heard anything since then. I have asked for June delivery.

I will believebits true it when the car is here.
Not trying to do the one up thing etc etc but i got my signed docs back to them at 11:10 today and had an email back at 11:11 saying they had received them, then got another email at 14:30 today saying the finance had been approved, i did ask for June delivery as well.

AMG_V12

128 posts

43 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
martylaa said:
Not trying to do the one up thing etc etc but i got my signed docs back to them at 11:10 today and had an email back at 11:11 saying they had received them, then got another email at 14:30 today saying the finance had been approved, i did ask for June delivery as well.
I didn't think you were. I am just trying to share as much detail as possible so we can help each other.
I have gone for 12k PA at £470pm 3+21

barrieeld

512 posts

178 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Update from gateway from what I've been told there's quite a few applications all at different stages some being accepted others having been accepted and then refused and some that are pending being accepted...all of these pending deals are going to be sitting in limbo until the finance company decide either way what they are doing with regards to honourin these applications Gateway said they managed to do it once before with an Evoque deal last year with the same lender but will know for sure tomorrow

Edited by barrieeld on Tuesday 7th January 17:29

simonwhite2000

Original Poster:

1,715 posts

59 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
barrieeld said:
Update from gateway from what I've been told there's quite a few applications all at different stages some being accepted others having been accepted and then refused and some that are pending being accepted...all of these pending deals are going to be sitting in limbo until the finance company decide either way what they are doing with regards to honourin these applications Gateway said they managed to do it once before with an Evoque deal last year with the same lender but will know for sure tomorrow

Edited by barrieeld on Tuesday 7th January 17:29
Yeah had a similar conversation just now. Could well be a lottery! My paperwork was in at around 11am today but I have not had a response on the credit check yet so I am no doubt in the 50/50 bucket.

jagldn

73 posts

35 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Just tried to apply. Told it was listed in error, a decision will be made whether accepted applications will be honoured or not tomorrow. Good luck to everyone who got their orders in!

simonwhite2000

Original Poster:

1,715 posts

59 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
On a side note the lady who emailed me back to confirm receipt of my finance application was called Jodie Juggins. Maybe I have the mind of a young teenager but...

Edited by simonwhite2000 on Tuesday 7th January 18:07

Actus Reus

4,064 posts

117 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
simonwhite2000 said:
On a side note the lady who emailed me back to confirm receipt of my finance application was called Jodie Juggins. Maybe I have the mind of a young teenager but...

Edited by simonwhite2000 on Tuesday 7th January 18:07
Hahaha - glad I wasn’t the only one to comment on that. My wife wasn’t amused.

Lord.Vader

3,421 posts

101 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Actus Reus said:
simonwhite2000 said:
On a side note the lady who emailed me back to confirm receipt of my finance application was called Jodie Juggins. Maybe I have the mind of a young teenager but...

Edited by simonwhite2000 on Tuesday 7th January 18:07
Hahaha - glad I wasn’t the only one to comment on that. My wife wasn’t amused.
I did have a smirk to myself when that email appeared into my work inbox as my boss walked off.

simonwhite2000

Original Poster:

1,715 posts

59 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Phew - not the only boy in the room then! Haha!

What car is everyone in at the moment?

Actus Reus

4,064 posts

117 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
From Gateway just now - not looking good:

Yesterday we advertised a BMW 8 Series leasing offer that was quoted through one of our finance providers and we are conscious that you have accepted the quotation issued to you earlier today. This afternoon we have been made aware that the finance company involved, having received a spike in applications across the UK for this particular car and subsequently they identified an error with the residual value. At this point we have not been given a clear indication of the finance companies stance on this issue however we wanted to get in touch with you early to make you aware and also to say that we will be working on behalf of the impacted customers to get the best outcome.

We expect to get further information by close of play tomorrow.

Regards,

Matt Axford
General Sales Manager
Gateway2Lease

Jamran

121 posts

13 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Hi all

New user here. Came here after searching for “lease quote accepted pricing error” lol

I submitted an order with my financials last night. Then did it again today after actually getting a quote via email. Received an email from Jodie Juggs wink at 11:45am

I had actually placed an order with leasing options the day before at £480p/m inc maintenance and that was a good deal! But then started checking Gateway2Lease again last night when I came across this deal.

Do we have any rights or can they just come back and say “sorry pricing error”?

This is my first time leasing so not acquainted with the law and rights regarding leasing

Thanks

Actus Reus

4,064 posts

117 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
They can tell you to do one I’m afraid, and looks to me like they will.

Lord.Vader

3,421 posts

101 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
simonwhite2000 said:
Phew - not the only boy in the room then! Haha!

What car is everyone in at the moment?
Vantage
SLK
Alfa 166 (8 should replace)

Doesn’t look like it’ll be the case though.

simonwhite2000

Original Poster:

1,715 posts

59 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Jamran said:
Hi all

New user here. Came here after searching for “lease quote accepted pricing error” lol

I submitted an order with my financials last night. Then did it again today after actually getting a quote via email. Received an email from Jodie Juggs wink at 11:45am

I had actually placed an order with leasing options the day before at £480p/m inc maintenance and that was a good deal! But then started checking Gateway2Lease again last night when I came across this deal.

Do we have any rights or can they just come back and say “sorry pricing error”?

This is my first time leasing so not acquainted with the law and rights regarding leasing

Thanks
I had also placed an order with leasing options and binned it off this morning Haha. This looks a dead deal now.

martylaa

69 posts

151 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Ah, i've had an email saying they will let me know more tomorrow but doesn't look good, anyone how i stand if the deal gets cancelled with the credit checks they must of done on me to say finance approved, can i get it removed against me seeing as i most likely won't be getting the car now?

Actus Reus

4,064 posts

117 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
martylaa said:
Ah, i've had an email saying they will let me know more tomorrow but doesn't look good, anyone how i stand if the deal gets cancelled with the credit checks they must of done on me to say finance approved, can i get it removed against me seeing as i most likely won't be getting the car now?
Not sure it can be removed, but you can ask them for compensation.

12TS

1,306 posts

172 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
All gone? Only offer now on G2L seems to be £850 pm when you click through.

Actus Reus

4,064 posts

117 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Was never there in the first place I suspect. Certainly none left now.

3000cc

54 posts

40 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Evening chaps. Another lurker on tenterhooks over the G2L 840i GC offer.

Have just been to look at one and convinced myself that it will be just as practical as my current S4 Avant and previous 335d Touring for carrying road bikes and for going skiing en famille. biggrin

I too have had the emails from “JJ” (she must get that reaction a lot) and Matt Axford. Will not be remotely surprised when a “Sorry!” email comes through tomorrow.

What do we think of the LeasingOptions offer? I have a quote from them on a 3+23 @ £522 for 8k...