What have you done to your BMW today?

What have you done to your BMW today?

Author
Discussion

mooseracer

986 posts

136 months

Wednesday 28th April
quotequote all
JakeT said:
I don’t think I’ve ever been in and not chatted to Kevin for at least 39 minutes. Good products. I was last there in January picking up some of their suspension parts. smile
Ha ha yes I noticed he likes a good chinwag!

LSD and suspension for me smile

g3org3y

Original Poster:

16,939 posts

157 months

Wednesday 28th April
quotequote all
g3org3y said:
Z4 going in for MOT today. First time it has been driven since the end of Summer.
Passed. party

*puts Z4 back in garage*

DVandrews

1,187 posts

249 months

Wednesday 28th April
quotequote all
mooseracer said:


Visited these fine chaps and parted with a fair chunk of money.
Had Birds do the LSD and full suspension on my old 335i and more recently an LSD on my 440i, it has EDC so still mulling over whether to go with the full Birds suspension setup.

Dave

nomis36

287 posts

130 months

Wednesday 28th April
quotequote all
mooseracer said:


Visited these fine chaps and parted with a fair chunk of money.
They fitted my quaife lsd about 3.5 years ago. Excellent service from them.

Court_S

4,965 posts

143 months

Wednesday 28th April
quotequote all
g3org3y said:
Passed. party

*puts Z4 back in garage*
Good stuff; I hate the usual nerves each year for the the results. I think my E46 has scarred me because every time that thing went near a garage my wallet took a battering.

E63eeeeee...

528 posts

15 months

Wednesday 28th April
quotequote all
Fixed the sticky seatbelt on the replacement seats for the E46 vert today. Tried all the different cleaning ideas but it was still failing to reel the last foot in, so I had a bit of a play around and realised it reeled in fine if I pulled the belt inboard. The v-shape the belt runs through at the shoulder is actually curved where the belt goes through, and was creating too much friction. I managed to get a strip of sandpaper into the gap and took some of the upper curve off, and it now glides beautifully. Cheap fix, happy days.

Olivergt

633 posts

47 months

Wednesday 28th April
quotequote all
d_a_n1979 said:
RichardM5 said:
DVandrews said:
The E46 and E39 were the pinnacle of BMW styling, Best looking by far.
Totally agree, gave my E39 a good wash today, the sun really shows off the blue in Carbon Black.

What a superb colour cool
I would like to add the E38 to that list as well, all 3 have really stood the test of time well.

I keep promising myself an E38 one day...

RichardM5

1,559 posts

102 months

Thursday 29th April
quotequote all
Olivergt said:
I would like to add the E38 to that list as well, all 3 have really stood the test of time well.

I keep promising myself an E38 one day...
For me the E£8 is just a little behind the E39 and E46, it's just a little more boxy whereas the E39 and E46 seem to flow in all the right places.

oldaudi

936 posts

124 months

Thursday 29th April
quotequote all
MOT day today.... just spent £800 on two callipers, pads and disks and an oil change on my xc90. Could really do with a “pass” today on the 630

Edit
Offside Headlamp aim too low (4.1.2 (a))
Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover no longer prevents the ingress of dirt both sides (5.3.4 (b) (ii))

Not too bad!

Edited by oldaudi on Thursday 29th April 11:04

helix402

6,294 posts

148 months

Thursday 29th April
quotequote all
oldaudi said:
MOT day today.... just spent £800 on two callipers, pads and disks and an oil change on my xc90. Could really do with a “pass” today on the 630

Edit
Offside Headlamp aim too low (4.1.2 (a))
Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover no longer prevents the ingress of dirt both sides (5.3.4 (b) (ii))

Not too bad!

Edited by oldaudi on Thursday 29th April 11:04
BMW?

oldaudi

936 posts

124 months

Thursday 29th April
quotequote all
Yes e63 630.

Deep Thought

28,928 posts

163 months

Friday 30th April
quotequote all
"What have you done to your BMW today?"

Bought another one? Does that count?

We've 3 3.0 litre petrol BMWs at the minute

2006 Z4 Coupe
2006 330i
2019 M140i

Bought a 2006 630i yesterday from a friend of a friend.



More pics here..

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&...

Have to sell the 330i apparently.... rolleyes


g3org3y

Original Poster:

16,939 posts

157 months

Friday 30th April
quotequote all
Court_S said:
g3org3y said:
Passed. party

*puts Z4 back in garage*
Good stuff; I hate the usual nerves each year for the the results. I think my E46 has scarred me because every time that thing went near a garage my wallet took a battering.
TBF, expected a pass on the Z4 as only rarely driven, good news regardless!

oldaudi said:
MOT day today.... just spent £800 on two callipers, pads and disks and an oil change on my xc90. Could really do with a “pass” today on the 630

Edit
Offside Headlamp aim too low (4.1.2 (a))
Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover no longer prevents the ingress of dirt both sides (5.3.4 (b) (ii))

Not too bad!
Good stuff. Did you get that battery issue sorted in the end?

Deep Thought said:
"What have you done to your BMW today?"

Bought another one? Does that count?

We've 3 3.0 litre petrol BMWs at the minute

2006 Z4 Coupe
2006 330i
2019 M140i

Bought a 2006 630i yesterday from a friend of a friend.



More pics here..

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&...

Have to sell the 330i apparently.... rolleyes
Welcome to the 630 club biggrin Looks like a nice example. Appears that you've even got the cup holder option (fancy! tongue out)

On the day I took my Z4 for MOT, I also drove the E91 and the E63...so all 3 with the N52 six cylinder. Amazing how despite the same engine, the characters are so different.

greggy50

5,288 posts

157 months

Friday 30th April
quotequote all
Fitted new Vanos Solenoids to my Z4 and refurbished the steering wheel. No pics before but it was pretty horrible so well worth 30 minutes of effort.

Vanos solenoids livened the car up a lot below 4k but took longer than expected to fit due to dropping a bolt in the undertray...


nomis36

287 posts

130 months

Saturday 1st May
quotequote all
Last year i replaced every ball joint and bushing on my 2006 E92............except the anti roll bar/sway bar bushings for some reason rolleyes To be fair they looked alright but recently i've noticed a slight knock/thump from the front at low speeds and over bumps so changed the front ones this morning. The only ones i could get today were cheapo starline at £11 for the pair! The knocking/thumping has gone, happy days biggrin
Ones i took out are the originals so haven't done bad. Going to do the rears now but got to order them.


Sticks.

6,830 posts

217 months

Saturday 1st May
quotequote all
greggy50 said:
Fitted new Vanos Solenoids to my Z4 and refurbished the steering wheel. No pics before but it was pretty horrible so well worth 30 minutes of effort.

Vanos solenoids livened the car up a lot below 4k but took longer than expected to fit due to dropping a bolt in the undertray...

That's come up well. Maybe get one of these?


bodhi

6,421 posts

195 months

Saturday 1st May
quotequote all
I hoovered out the boot for the first time in 3 years. It's normally got my golf trolley in there so fairly futile trying to keep it clean, but had to take everything out to take stuff to the tip so took the opportunity to get rid of the lawn that had formed underneath it smile


skullandbiscuits

69 posts

73 months

Saturday 1st May
quotequote all
The wife bottomed out the E91 325i touring down a local country lane and did this...




Then I reversed into my new neighbours removal truck days after and did this....




So I did this today....


helix402

6,294 posts

148 months

Sunday 2nd May
quotequote all
Good choice!

g3org3y

Original Poster:

16,939 posts

157 months

Sunday 2nd May
quotequote all
Not great news re the 325i skullandbiscuits, but 330d = silver lining to that cloud. smile

What are you going to do with the 325i? I'm assuming insurance would write that off?